Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 3/17/2024

Today I did XTrain Bis and Tris, rounds 1-5 for 30 minutes and 93 calories burned. My average heart rate was 103 and maximum heart rate was 124.

Judy, great job with rowing, the scenic ride, and Yin Yoga. It’s good that your PT is going well. It’s helpful to have the exercises that you can continue with after the sessions end.

Diane Sue, good job with the Chair Yoga and stretching. I hope that your knee gets better on it own. It sounds like you injured it more than you realized.

Valerie, I chuckled when I read “motion is lotion”. That’s something that I say all the time! My family members call it my mantra.

Hello to Cathy.

Last edited:
No workout today as I shopped. They've moved us to 1-3" of snow. But, it'll be done by noon tomorrow and the temps are going to the mid-30's so it may melt quickly.

Diane Sue, I hope resting your leg and getting in the yoga/moblity helps it.

Judy great job with the rowing, ride and yoga.

Valerie Tux has really odd claws for an adult, they have retained the thinness and razorlike look of kitten claws. Not a plus.

Carolyn great job with KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix. Too bad you got caught up in the traffic back up.

Today I did Raw Lower Body Limitations (upper body seated ;) ) again. This was 37 minutes, 186 calories, heart rate 126/156. I followed it with Raw Stretch/flow but stopping where she had her knees on the floor and moving to the end part. I did add a couple of other movements as my right hip flexor is getting really tight. This was still 20 minutes, 33 calories. Total time 57 minutes, 219 calories. I will be getting ready for the trip this weekend and my husband got reservations in a nice restaurant Saturday. This next week we are celebrating our 51st anniversary. We have to take the dog to my son's house Sunday. She will come back worn out and limping after she tries to keep up with their dog. She doesn't realize she is old.

Valerie, you are right on the torn meniscus. I have thought if I would have given it long enough to repair itself, I would not have needed the surgery. It would feel better and I was to quick to try to go back to a workout. Even after the surgery it was a problem at times. I think moving is important. Some people do not get that. I need to do some mobility to get the synovial fluid moving in those spaces. If I keep it up I usually can keep the pain down. I was doing pretty well till I fell on my knees. My mornings start out with me doing some movement and loosening up my spine and neck. My Rheumatologist would have started right out giving me stronger meds. He offered to do an epidural (I think that is what he called it) through spaces in my neck. I declined as he showed me the space he would put it in. I am managing okay for the most part.

Carolyn, nice work with XTrain Bis and Tris. I keep hoping I will notice less pain each day.

Cathy, I bet you are glad the snow will probably melt off fast. We have rain, but I think it will be done for a couple of days. I just got a few groceries to take on our trip.

This morning I did the Low Impact Cardio Tabata from CrossFire, Lean Legs firewalkers, ball and floor exercises, then Killer Legs Barre Bonus, and Stretch Max 3. So far the snow is taking itself seriously. We are still supposed to be a little over freezing starting at 1 until evening, but they are now showing snow during that time. Tomorrow will be 40 ish with some sun, so hopefully that will be the end of it.

Diane Sue it sounds like you have a good plan for helping your body right now.

Hi Valerie, Judy and Carolyn.

carolyn we have a friend (retired doctor) that uses that expression all the time. it's easy to remember and I follow it. everything does not work well anymore but I am not lying down and quitting. she is a Montana neighbor. we hike with her often.

our weather got cloudy and a bit showery but not bad. we are taking the camper to a close-by park this weekend to test things out. the first trip always finds some things that aren't working right. we are done with snow for the season.

cats have pretty incredible claws they use to launch themselves of where ever they are sitting. I've had slits cut in my thighs when someone suddenly jumped off my lap. I haven't chucked the idea of a kitty but we decided to put off decisions until after our coming Utah trip. weve been without a pet for too long.

Last edited:
Today I did XTrain Legs, Standing only premix. That was 30 minutes, 112 calories, average heart rate 107, and maximum heart rate 145.

Cathy, great job with Crossfire Low Impact Tabata, Lean Legs firewalker, ball and floor, Killer Legs Barre bonus, and Stretch Max 3. Wow, you really torched your lower body today!

Diane Sue, nice job with Raw Lower Body Limitations, and Raw stretch. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding anniversary. We will celebrate our 54th soon.

Waving hello to Valerie and Judy.

This morning I did Gloved Up and Sweaty and Live Weight Plate Abs, it's a couple weeks old. I found it interesting that Jenn, Nicole and Kristen were all missing from the Live as they are almost always there these days. Made me wonder if they had been filming and wanted a break that day. They are in the ones from the weeks before and after. We ended up with a couple inches of snow, but it's sunny today and will be above freezing. Roads and sidewalks were already clear by late yesterday. Going to warm up for at least a few days starting Monday.

Carolyn great job with XTrain Legs, Standing premix. Mainly it's my hamstrings that are sore.

Hi all!

Today is my rest day. I’m catching up on things around the house. It was raining and cool this morning but had turned into a beautiful day. It’s still very windy, but it looks good from indoors .

Cathy, great job with Gloved Up and Sweaty and Live Weight Plate Abs.

Hello to Valerie, Diane Sue, and Judy.

did 35 on the treadmill walking uphill, plus some of x train abs. surgeon does not want me to bend my back a lot so he is not on board with sit ups. I have done so many other ab exercises I dont think a few sit ups would matter so I will skip them. at least for a time yet. I did the other things easily. also some dips and push ups. its weird feeling like I have to preview and sort out what I can do and what I should not. nothing hurts but when I lie on my back on a firm surface I can feel the metal structures. we are doing an overnight test of our truck and camper tomorrow along at a close by camp ground with a bike ride if weather is ok.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.