Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 3/10

thought we were doing a hike yesterday but it never happened.
just before dinner I did the Rev'd up rumble premix, warm up and calorie crush. left the disk in the player and only had about 25 minutes. too much jumping for me. I can jump but not spreading my feet out and back. I don't jump high enough for that! some things I can do, and others modified to regular jacks, shorted a burpee or two. annoying thing is my capris don't stay up. creep down with every jump. birthday is coming and I want to get some waist height capris. I am SO over low rise style that never ever worked for me. no way to use a belt. even the drawstrings don't keep them up. I tuck shirts in so fabric against fabric helps keep them in place.

Good morning ladies,

Ugh..snow again today. Was only supposed to be a dusting but they were wrong.

Friday..I did the barre first half of Live Lower Body Barre and Weights. Chelsie came and we did a San Fran Tabata Bounce plus added on SB 6 min bis and tris. Saturday, I did the weight section of the Live workout. I really liked this workout. I am sure it will be awesome doing both sections at once, but as a split it was great. I then did a BBS upper body workout to finish the arms. Today I did a Boogie Bounce. It is an app I found out about from a rebounding FB group I belong too. There is about twenty 30 min bounces and they add a new one every month. The cost is only $2.00 a month. Yup not a typo $2 bucks. How could I not try it out? I did 2 today and they were really fun.

Diane Sue...I reread your description and yes now see the planks were not in the raw as I thought. Believe it or not researching cheesecakes quite a few use cornstarch. I was suprised as you were. I did find some organic cornstarch and organic vanilla extract on amazon so I was very happy. The cheesecake was delicious. I made it yesterday and had a tiny tiny slice this morning. It was yummy. I made an organic raspberry sauce to top it off. I will post a picture for all to see what an instant pot cheesecake looks like.

Deb...lol! Yup as soon as I saw the Live description I knew I would be doing it soon. I loved the weight portion. It moved very quickly. Funny I never cared for salmon either until last summer. Now I love it. Crazy! Yes, I pretty much buy as much organic as possible. I swear I feel better too. Never really paid that much attention to all the stuff in our food. I just assummed a good washing would take care of it. But in somecases no. It is more expensive, but it is only the 2 of us so not too bad. Feeding a family with all organic would be a huge expense.

Valerie...that is great the music works for you! I think it was mentioned at one tome Nicole was a gymnast or dancer?? I do notice her kicks! I am in awe! We have seen several prints in the snow this year. One we think was a moose and the others thinking coyotes. They both were all over our front lawn. Yes the Rev’d up Calorie Crush is very high impact. I did it a few times and was spent. Then I did it on the rebounder and loved it. So rebounder will be it from now on when doing that one! I have not heard of First. Going to look it up. I would get the 6qt. Ours is 5.8qt and we are so much happier with this size. Especially with our vegetables. When we make brussell sprouts and carrots we do a lot of them. The other we returned was I think 3 quart. It was a good size but we felt limited and I knew then I was getting the cooking bug.

Carolyn...I like Great Glutes. I think this was the last time Cedie was in a series? I could be wrong. I always enjoyed following her. We do not have a Costco close to us. I wish there was!

Hello to Judy!!!

Have a great day all!!!

Hello Ladies,
Today is a rest day so no workout to report. I hope everyone remembered to set your clocks forward. One of my friends was 45 minutes late to Church this morning—she forgot to change her clock!

Lori, your cheesecake sounds delicious. My WW leader loves to make cheesecake in her instant pot because it’s the perfect size for 2 people. I haven’t made a cheesecake in years. That’s one of the desserts that I like more than anyone else in my family which means I would eat way too much.

Valerie, nice work with the Rev’d Up Rumble Calorie Crush. I modify most of the high impact moves to make it more knee friendly for me.

Diane Sue, I’m sure that you are enjoying your family birthday celebration.

Waving to Deb and Judy. Have a wonderful afternoon everyone.

Hi,

Today I did Lite Stacked Sets Upper Body, 37 minutes, 187 calories.

Valerie, Too bad you could not do the hike. I have not even previewed a Calorie Crush yet. Good that you were able to modify some of it. Yes, those capris have to be way over waist high for me to be comfortable too.

Lori, great workouts! Some day I hope to sign on to the LIVE workouts again.. Are you still keeping the spreadsheet of them? That cheesecake sounds delicious.

Carolyn, yes, did the clocks before going to bed. Most are done automatically nowadays. I remember once when we went to Mexico, ( I think this was in '85)..we left on the Sunday when the clocks were turned forward, and we almost missed our flight. Good thing we were packed and ready to go. My brother called to tell us he was on his way to pick us up, and woke us up.

Hi to Judy and Diane Sue,

Take care,

Yes, Lori, cheesecake pics. Get on it!! I haven't made one in ages. Cheesecake was easy to lighten up with lower fat ingredients. I liked the lighter ones better because not so overly rich. I like fruit topping. cheesecake and coffee is the perfect weightwatchers breakfast. :p

Deb we will do a snowshoe tomorrow instead. we did not get moving fast enough yesterday and got hooked into some home projects.

Like Carolyn mentioned, Costco has 3 sizes of air fryers 2.75, 5, and 6 qt. I don't think they stock all in warehouse. I would never have considered the 6 until you mentioned it.

My food preferences vary .. I have liked and not liked salmon. I sometimes love blueberries, and other times "meh". right now I love them. pacific northwest salmon can be spectacular , especially Alaska fish. much is in the preparation, not over cooking. we reset clocks before we head to bed saturday night. we are one of the states considering going to year round DST. or call it switching to MDT. I would prefer not changing it 2x a year.

Last edited:
Today was a rest day and I did not find the time for the stretch that I like to get in. I ate way too big of a piece of that oreo cake. I doubt that I will be eating much tonight. I made it better by coming home and finishing off my bottle of Suja green juice. :p

Valerie, I have a pair of high waisted tights that creep down and the crotch hangs. They drive me crazy. I am always pulling up the low waisted ones as well though. I need a better fit. I have several pair of under armour. Actually my favorite pair that I return to came from Old Navy when they had an online clearance sale. Right now I am on a blueberry eating craze. Mostly because they are pretty good right now. Once I get a tub of mushy ones or sour ones and then I will be done.

Lori, 2.00 is pretty good for those bounces if you find them fun. I kind of thought about the rebounder when I was doing Kelly's new Hiit 2 Raw workout since a lot of the jumping does not require a lot of movement space. There are a few you wouldn't use it for, but they are not as high impact. Like speed skater moves. The end though was side step squat thrust back and forth. Raspberry sauce on top of the cheesecake would be yummy. Raspberries are my favorite berry. Strawberries are my least favorite. Would love to see your picture. The nice thing is the instant pot with the water in the bottom keeps the cheesecake just right on moistness.
Nice that you found organic products.

Carolyn, I set our clocks up yesterday afternoon. I did not want to be messed up looking at clocks this morning. The preacher was talking to us when we left church and said some said he should have reminded them to change their clocks.

Deb, nice work getting Stacked Upper in. I am guessing that there is no calorie crush on the Stacked workouts and I know there is not one on the Pyramid Pump. I should go look. We used to have some things that would change time automatically, but none of our items seem to adjust that we have now. I had such a time trying to reset my car clock last time and got it changed, and for some reason it reverted on the time. I didn't have to do anything this time since I never fixed it the last time. You would think since it links to my bluetooth that it would fix itself. The instruction book that came with it and the navigation system is very short and sketchy.

Good morning,

Today I did a DVD called Treadmill Challenger, 29 minutes, 193 calories. I went really slow. I'm going to see if this bothers my hip or knew at all. They didn;t hurt while I was doing it, but it may come later.. Hope not.

Valerie, I really like a light cheesecake too. There was a restaurant years ago that make one that was almost like whipped cream cheese, it was really fluffy, not dense. Are you getting an air fryer?

Diane Sue, I have found things like jeans, that when you go back, they are no longer selling them. I actually found an identical pair on line, and was so excited...LOL. Right! The car clock is the worse one to do! The owner's manual is horrible. It's hit or miss and I swear, even if I wrote down how to do it, it would not work the next time. All computers, phones, iPads, FitBits changed automatically.

Lori, great pics! It makes me want some.

Hi to Judy and Carolyn,

Take care,

Lori that looks fantastic. I love cheesecake but haven’t had it in years. My birthday is soon maybe that will be my “cake”. My birthday is in 3 weeks. I think I will have cheesecake! I used to make it often. I had a file devoted to cheesecake. some were light and fluffy, others more dense. had to have graham cracker or cookie crust.
I did revd up rumble again along with 6 pack abs and pyramid shoulders . increased all weights on pyramid. went to 5,5,8 and 8, 10 12 and it still does not seem like it was enough.

We haven’t changed clock in our forester I gave up trying . Can’t do it . Plan on going somewhere today so maybe DH will do it. He is more patient . He wrote down the steps. I still can’t do it even when I follow the steps.

Deb hope you get by without discomfort. Good sign if it was pain free while doing it.

Lori I meant to comment on the animal tracks. Moose tracks are huge. just huge. no way to mistake them for anything else, except maybe a bull elk. all dog tracks look alike. snow does not always show the details. dogs have toenails showing, while cats usually do not. we have a local bobcat so we get to see his tracks.

we did a snowshoe this morning. 3 hours. it was not very nice. crusty snow, lots of boot and snowshoe tracks, and then DH's binding broke. we patched it back as best as we could and headed back down. I normally walk with feet very close together, and snowshoes are a trial for me. I have the skinniest ones I could find. I still get significant hip aching and fatigue from walking so wide. downhill is worse than up.

Last edited:
This morning I did Cardio Core Circuit, 4 of the 5 rounds. My time was 42 minutes and 271 calories burned. My average heart rate was 122 and maximum heart rate was 144. This is a tough workout!

Lori, that cheesecake looks delicious. I’m sure that you must have been proud of your efforts and the way it looks in addition to the wonderful taste.

Deb, great job with Stacked Sets Upper yesterday and the treadmill workout today. Did you try any stretching afterwards? Maybe something similar to what your PT recommended.

Valerie, nice workout with Rev’d Up Rumble, Six Pack Abs and Pyramid Pump Shoulders. Your birthday is a perfect time to have cheesecake.

Hello to Diane Sue and Judy.

Good evenings ladies,

No workout this morning. I did do a 40 min bounce at lunch. I think I am going to start SB’s Spring Challenge. It started today and I always liked her challenges. It is a repeat from I think last year and I remember liking it. Edited to say I am still staying away from her FB page.

Thanks on the cheescake. It really came out good considering it was made in a pressure cooker!! Who would have thought??? My son came over tonight after work and he took the rest home for himself and his GF.

Valerie...yes the tracks were huge! That is why we were thinking a moose. They are in this area. One year we had a moose walk down main street in the center of town. It was in the morning and he was like, yup, I am a moose! We have a ton of coyotes too. Great idea cheesecake for you bday! I am going to make a chocolate one this weekend. I like they are small - we each have a little piece to satisfy us and then give to my son. This way we are not eating it all week. I have to be careful. My sugar would be way out of wack.

Deb...fingers crossed the treadmill workout can work for you. I have not updated the live spreadsheet. My intentions are good but I just never get to it. One of these days!

Carolyn....I always need to congratulate you on Cardio Core Circuits!!!!! Good job!

Diane Sue...I just previewed the new Raw Workout and hmmmm perhaps I will try on the rebounder. I am going to try it out this weekend. I saw that 2lazy4gym recently did a review on Cathe’s Total Body Fit Tower...after reading it I really want to do it this weekend. I loved that workout. Sometimes when I eat too big of a piece of any dessert I feel terrible afterwards and then don’t sleep well. Raspberries are my favorite too. Yum.

Hi to Judy!!!

Have a great night all.

This morning I did Lite PHA 2 mix, main+Pyramid Pump biceps+abs #1, 62 minutes, heart rate 105 average, ax 158, 340 calories, met 6.4, 912 steps. I followed this with Pyramid Pump back 10 minutes, heart rate average 93, max 108, 53 calories, 124 steps, met 6.0. Finished with extended stretch #1 from Lite, 13 minutes, 33 calories, 124 steps . Not sure how I got that many steps for stretching. The schools were having a special fundraiser event they do a whole week every year and I did not realize the traffic I was going to be in when I picked up the grandchildren. I was in lines for 2 and a half hours. It was such a relief to get out of that city. I kept nodding off sitting in the car during the first line. I was just too tired. Tomorrow I take Gertie to the vet for these spots on her. I swear I think there may be a couple of new bumps on the other side of her body. Maybe I am just imagining it. We will see.

Deb, I have found that Old Navy changed their jeans over the years and then I started buying some that I really liked from Maurices. Last time I went to their store in the mall looking for the ones I had, she insisted the ones I tried on were the same style. I purchased because it was the closest I could get and they still fit my hips without have a too big waist. Most jeans have too big of a waist and tend to slide down. These were similar, but they have thinner legs. They tend to hug my knees more snugly. I like comfort. I have a couple of pair of skinny jeans and I never wear them. We have a bedroom clock that has to be reset every time and it is complicated. I get the booklet out and I always have to keep repeating the steps till the time moves. Then once I get the hour I have to fight to get the minutes to change which for some reason always seem to get off a bit. It is one of those clocks that illuminates on the ceiling. I hope the treadmill workout worked well for you. I find I have more problems when doing incline than doing flat walking and running.

Lori, I eat too much of a dessert and it almost always makes me feel full and ill. Yes, I get you on the sleeping. I was awake a lot last night checking the time. That is why I did not do cardio this morning. Let me know how you like that Hiit workout on the rebounder. It really does look like it would be doable.

Carolyn, Cardio Core Circuit really is a tough one. I always preferred doing the shorter premix on that one. I can do it, it is just really tough.

Valerie, I have made cheesecake for birthdays in the past. Most of the family loves it when I do it. Easy to pipe some sour cream and sugar mix around the edges for trim and sprinkle chocolate shavings or put fruit on for decor. I used to have a cream cheese cake dessert that had pineapple in it and graham cracker crust that my mother made me for my birthdays when growing up. It was a favorite of mine. I think I have her recipe in her old recipe box, but I don't make it because I think the only one who would eat it with me would be my son who loves to make pineapple upside down cake a, and maybe my granddaughter that shares with him. Too many just chocolate people in our family!! I get tired of making chocolate cakes all of the time and desserts chocolate.

Lori How cool to have moose nearby! Their hooves leave 6 inch tracks, and in snow they look even bigger. We've seen moose in eastern WA, Idaho, Montana,Wyoming. No confusing them with anything else. We have had them walk by us too close for comfort and that is when you see how big they are. also saw one close by when road riding a trail in Idaho. they seem so much bigger when you are on foot or a bicycle. it is totally different feeling than a drive by in a car.
I love chocolate but not in cheesecake. I remember making one that used Nutella and Frangelico so it was chocolate/ hazelnut. it was delicious. IMO fruit goes with cheesecake better. I love raspberries and blueberries but my favorite is strawberries. only the local ones for about a month usually June. I make a pig of myself and eat them on everything . I have been getting berries all winter and having them on yogurt for breakfast. So good! Yes this settles it .. cheesecake for my birthday.
diane sue, wishing you good luck with your doggie. hope all is OK.

Last edited:
Today I did Muscle Endurance which was 71 minutes and 316 calories burned. Average heart rate was 112 and maximum heart rate was 157. I had forgotten how much I like this workout. In the introduction Cathe says “do this workout 2-3 times a week...”. I never use strength workouts that way. Years ago when my library was limited I did that with my cardio workouts and the one KCM dvd that I owned.

Lori, I like to challenge myself periodically with Cardio Core Circuit :). I keep it mostly low impact, but it’s still tough.

Diane Sue, great workout with LiTE PHA 2+Pyramid Pump+ Abs.

Hello to Valerie, Deb, and Judy.

Quick check in. I have to take my dog to the vet today to find out why she has hair loss in spots. This morning was Coffey FIt Raw Step #3, heart rate 143 average, 171 max, 44 minutes, 331 calories, met 8.3, 4,107 steps. I wore 1.5 lb gloves throughout and use 8# and 10# dumbbells. I then did Kelly Coffey Step Boxing 2, premix, cardio and weight drills(this does not use the step), 25 minutes, heart rate average 137, max 168, 162 calories, met 6.5, 1,717 steps. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw foam roller stretch, 24 minutes, 55 calories, met 2.0. Total time was 94 minutes, 548 calories, 5,824 steps for the cardio.
I will try to get back here later. It seems like I have so much going on and it is hard to get on the computer.

The vet did a couple of skin scrapings to rule out the possibility of demodetic (sp) mites. There was none. He said they are there with animals, it is just that the body fights them off and a reaction to them unless their immune system is not functioning right. Then he did the Thyroid test and that was negative. Yeah!! So, since she is not scratching or any symptoms of something wrong other than the hair loss and a couple of little bumps since most of those have left, I am to keep up the medicated shampoo, and chlorhexadine, ketoconazale spray. He gave her an antibiotic in case she has a bacterial infection and gave me a sheet to read and keep in mind for alopeca in dogs. He said it often shows in the winter when dogs do not get enough sun. Although she had the bumps which are sort of like pimples and that could be antibacterial infection. So we will see. The only things left would be endochrine disorders and she has no symptoms for one. She plays, eats well and acts like herself. Now she has two ugly spots where they scraped her skin :(

Valerie, I have a favorite marble cheesecake that I make a lot. It makes a large size cheesecake and I use chocolate wafers for the crust. To be honest, I am happy with cheesecake without a crust. I coat that one with melted sweet chocolate blended with sour cream. I found a German chocolate cheese cake recipe I would like to try, but the calories are through the roof and I need lots of people around to share it.

Carolyn, I used to use workouts like that. I would do full body endurance workouts 3 times a week with a cardio workout and alternate days a longer cardio. I alternated two or 3 weeks of that with two or 3 full body heavier weight workouts like Pure Strength and cardio days. It worked well for a long time till I got a lot more workouts and different styles. I used Firm workouts like that as well.

I did Stacked upper body again today, and increased a lot of weights scattered thru the workout. nothing dramatic, but like 10's to 12 and 12's to 15. also 6 pack abs.
I tried the salmon with honey mustard. I liked it. I think I over baked a little, but DH is so weird about it not being done enough, I always have to err on the over done side. He didn't like it because he could tell it was salmon. :oops::oops::rolleyes: I had back up leftovers so he had something to eat. I think that is IT for me trying to find a way to make salmon for him.
German choc cheesecake sounds too over- the- top for me, and there will be at most 4 of us to celebrate. . I will stick with a spring- like cheesecake with a fruit topping. next week the weather will be warmer and spring-y! Diane sue can you put in a link to the marble one? I made a lemon marble cheesecake once long ago, and half way thru baking, my oven failed, and I had to toss it. just a bad coincidence. I never tried it again.

Last edited:
Good morning,

The treadmill on Monday was probably not a good thing to do. I was in a lot of pain yesterday. PT today...

Valerie, cheese cake as a birthday cake sounds great! I also like it with berries of any kind. I have to laugh on the Forester clocks. My 2008 had a clock that had a knob that you turned and it changed the time. Not electronic. I wish they would go back to those. Everyone after that has been a pain. The way you describe snowshoeing for you sounds like there would be pain afterward, due to the awkward position you have to keep your feet in.

Carolyn, good job on Cardio Core Circuit. I don't think I have that one. Yes, I did the PT stretches afterward, plus some others. I remember doing the first Firm workout every day for weeks on end. No rest in between...this was before that was even a consideration.

Lori, wow a moose? I must have missed your comment on that.... Is Cathe's Total Body Fit Tower a DVD? I have lost track of workouts, since not really doing many.

Diane Sue, I hope Gertie's ok. Good that it was not thyroid. Sometimes they get a positive on the thyroid test and rush to put them on meds. That happened with one of our dogs, and when we went to the dog dermatologist, she was upset and said that vets do that right away, get false positives ( very critical when that test is done to get the true result) and once they are on thyroid meds, they have to be on them for their entire life. that wait in line to pick up your grandchildren sounds horrible! Maybe try seeing if they have the brand and style number of the jeans you really liked Ebay.

Hi to Judy,

Take care,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.