Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 2/4

Today I did Cathe's Cardio Fusion, 75 minutes, 486 calories, heart rate average 143, max 180, met value 6.2, 6,720 steps. I then did Fit Split Bonus Abs, 13 minutes, 57 calories, heart rate average 106, max 139, 57 calories, met 4.0, 212 steps. Total time was 88 minutes, 543 calories. My Fit Bit was higher than Map My Fitness today. That is unusual. I find it takes the Fit bit quite awhile to play catch up though

Valerie, I am sorry that you are not feeling well. My grandson had a one day vomiting virus two days ago. He seemed much better today. There is so many viruses going around. I am hopeful that we do not catch any of them. I hope that your foot gets better quickly.

Carolyn, I hand my husband all of the tax stuff so he can organize it. We will have to go to our cpa soon.

Last edited:
Hi all...I just ordered new bungees for my Bellicon. My existing ones are perfectly fine but I am in love with the new "Confetti Colors". When they come in this is what my trampoline will look like. I know it is frivolous but I love them and had to have them! LOL :) I'll be back later to check in.

Attachments

• Bellicon.jpg
    Bellicon.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 7
Carolyn your DH deserves a bunch of "atta boys!!" for taking control of the situation. so many people lie to themselves, and deny deny, deny that they need to adjust eating habits, add exercise, lose weight, and use meds.... at least for a while. both my brother and sister have type 2 and especially brother doesn't do much about it. one of these days, he will have to pay the piper, but you never know when, how the reckoning will show up. I'm sure he has neuropathy in feet and legs and lost a toe to infection this year. amputations don't usually stop there. and there is nephropathy, retinopathy and plenty more to worry about. my sister has done better and lost a lot of weight, around 30-40 lbs. she has had T2 for a long time though so it might not go away completely. better control and lifestyle diminishes those risks.

a good part of my job life was working for one of the companies that introduced home glucose monitoring so I spend major amounts of time with diabetes related issues. meters got easy to use and consumers more electronically sophisticated, the salesforce became unneeded and they fired all of us unceremoniously. But I lived and breathed blood glucose testing and diabetes for years.

my foot is the big problem right now. I made an appt for Monday with the orthopod, but can cancel if it improves. no idea where this came from. fine until I get up to walk.
ETA I did a 30 min spin at low pressure. stood and pedaled a few times, but nothing at cathe level. I am still not feeling too spunky. reviewed the yoga tape I got. It will be OK and good to see if DH and I can do this together. there are always things like lying on your back, palms facing up. Mine face down and I have to twist to get them upward. so I relax and let them go where they need to.

Last edited:
Lori, those are cool looking bungees :) I don't blame you :)

Valerie, that is good you have an appointment just in case. I hope it improves before then for you.

Good evening ladies,

This morning I subbed in a LEKfit bounce for Shred and I also did Pull from yesterday 50 mins / 391 cal. I love Pull and feel so good afterwards. Tonight was a quick 20 min Bellicon bounce.

Diane Sue...I will keep the overheating in mind. I am picturing little fans aimed at my roku! I will need to look this up so I can actually see one. I loved the bright colors and when I first saw them I knew I was going to buy them. So now I have these and then I will put the originals aside for spares.

Deb...Great job on Gym Styles! That is how I felt after doing Xtrain bis and tris for the first time in a while. Yikes! The roku 3 is about four inch square and about 1 1/2 in high that connects by hdmi to your TV. Very easy to unplug and take with you. Will be nice now that I added Cathe Live to it. I started updating the list today and just need to make a few edits. Will send to you and post tomorrow.

Judy...I would not like that bridge at all. When we drive to the Cape we have a long bridge to cross but nothing like that.

Valerie...I am so sorry to read your post! Hope whatever you have passes soon and you are feeling better. Agree that it it wise you made an appt. for your foot and with some luck it will go away as quickly as it came on.

Carolyn...I love my Primary Care doctor and yes she is very please with me. :). I do not want to think about doing taxes. My husband loves that I take care of all this. I do my sons too.

Have a great night all!

Good morning,

Yesterday I did Live Cardio Core Circuit, 45 minutes, 251 calories.

Valerie, I hope you are better today. I would also be connecting that new Stevia with your intestinal woes. Have you had plantar fasciitis before? It seems strange that it came on like it did. Maybe an injury or overuse thing?

Diane Sue, I don't think I have Cardio Fusion....is it part of the cardio series that came after STS?

Judy, I think I would walk or run across that bridge with no problems...it's controlling the car while driving that puts me into a panic. Like the car is going to fly off the bridge on its own or something. :(.

Carolyn, cudos to your husband for taking control of the problem and maintaining. He was lucky that did that early on.

Lori, that is a very pretty trampoline! Love the colors. :) As for the Roku, it sounds like the Chromecast, which is a small round shaped thing. If you use it somewhere else, don't you have to set it up with a new device each time with wifi? So in a hotel room etc, do you have to go through the whole set up process? Am really looking forward to the new Live list! :) There are so many recent good workouts, I have tried to kept them written on scraps of paper......can't find most of them any more...LOL

Did everyone know about the total body premix on FitSplit? I saw this over on the other forum:

"This is on Mixed Impact Cardio Pull Day DVD. Go to Basic Premixes, its the last one listed and consists of both the Pull and Push day weights. I also use this DVD for both Push Day and Pull Day because I like the Mixed Impact Cardio instead of the Shred Cardio (cannot get into the step)."

Also lets you do a different cardio with either of them I guess. I need to go look at those premixes again!

A workout, then my annual eye exam.

Any plans for the weekend?

Take care,

Last edited:
Deb, Cardio Fusion is a bmix of Body Max 2, a little Low Impact circuit cardio, and ends with the cardio drills from Drill Max. It has a step only prmix on it. I think it came out at the same time as those workouts, but ai may be wrong. I still get a stitch in my side when I do that stability ball overhead swing portion ofDrill Max. Most of the time I do the Step only that is 48 minutes.

Valerie, I was wondering if that Stevia was a blend. I have picked up Stevia that had erythitol in it and I do not tolerate that stuff at all. I start cramping soon after ingesting it.

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did Ramped Up Upper Body and WS3 1 Mile of Motivation. Today I am taking a rest day. I worked out 11 days in a row and I could really feel it yesterday. We are snowed in today and Chris is working from home. We have a winter storm warning through tomorrow. It's looking like we will get 8-10 inches, then they are forecasting another 3 inches over the weekend. I think every school in SE Michigan is closed today.

Deb-Great job with Gym Styles and Live Cardio Core Circuit! I hope your eye exam goes well. I need to look at those Fit Split premixes again too. I didn't know there was a total body one.

Lori-I just got the newest barlates set, barre sculpt and burn:
http://www.workoutdvdworld.com.au/w...s/barre-sculpt-and-burn-11-workout-downloads/
I think I will like the step barre fusion and the weighted barre on this one.

Valerie-I hope you are better today. It's good that you made a doctor appointment for your foot.

Diane Sue-Great workouts yesterday! There are so many viruses going around here. I'm trying to avoid being around crowds as much as possible. That shouldn't be a problem this weekend, as I don't think we will be going anywhere.

Carolyn-I'm not looking forward to doing the taxes. We'll probably be working on that next week.

Have a great day!

Judy

Reactions: WD
Diane sue that’swhat I suspect!! The stevia has erythritol in it. I looked it up but didn’t find a lot , except like many things, it “might” cause diarrhea. It is a”sugar alcohol” .....similar to ingredients used in candy for diabetics some sugarless gum. Those usually carry diarrhea warnings. I used one packet of it for the first time and got sick that day.
I wont ever be sure. so many flu/sick people right now. The best way to know for sure would be try it agin and see if the same thing happens But guess who’s not doing that. !! Can you tell me more about your experience? I don’t want to put TMI here

Has anyone else used stevia blends?

Today's workout was Kelly Coffey Strength and Stamina workout #2, 40 minutes, 200 calories, met 4.5, heart rate average 111, max 140, 1,334 steps. I followed this with Kelly's Build and Burn Tabata legs and Kettlebell mix and added the wide stance deadlift squat up and bridges that I missed earlier in the week, 38 minutes, 201 calories, met 4.8, heart rate average 122, max 146, 1,573 steps. I finished with Barre Amped Relaxation Stretch, 14 minutes, 31 calories. Total time was 92 minutes, calories burned 432.

Valerie, generally when I have small amounts of erythritol I start getting extreme cramps, sometimes to the point of wanting to curl up in a ball in pain. It hurts to walk. It produces gas and depending on how much leads to spending time in the bathroom. Most of the time I just get debilitating cramps that last for hours. Even gum and mints can do this if I have very many. I went to jury duty once and kept eating ice breakers and ended up with those terrible cramps. Most stevia sweeteners have some Xylitol or something added. All of those sugar alcohols do the same thing to me. I look for Sweet leaf brand pure stevia drops when I use some. I also have some in a powder and it is nothing like those grocery store packets. One serving is a tiny scoop about 1/16 of a teaspoon. That tells you about how much other products are added to the sweeteners. They add the other stuff for taste.

Judy, it sounds like you are in need of a rest day. We need snow or rain or something. We have not had much of anything in precipitation in a long time. They have a burn ban here.

My foot is a lot better this morning but I am still not feeling well. I was aware of sugar alcohols causing diarrhea. I never eaten candy or gum, and my intention was only reduce sugar on oatmeal. this maybe completely unrelated, too. I will not test Truvia again. might just be a coincidence that I used some that morning, and that afternoon all this started.
I am not blaming it for my foot! I've had plantar fasciitis before and it will go away if I am gentle with it, stretch it, and ice it. ice pack was a huge help.
I have never been able to taste stevia at all so that's why I tried a blend. one tiny packet only. I seem to remember that it's very toxic to dogs, so candy is not good to have around with pets..

Plantar fasciitis is a common problem with people who exercise a lot and are "tight" in the calf. my first time was after doing a load of little jumping drills cathe is so fond of. I don't seem to be "tight" in calf and Achilles areas, but something about how I'm connected brings on plantar fasciitis on the outside of one heel. I was surprised how much icing it helped. when I ice it, I can walk around normally. Luckily this isn't a chronic problem, pops up rarely. had it once before that I remember. did not enjoy these two problems at the same time.

Lori the new cords on the bellicon are fantastic. anything that makes you that happy is worth a few extra $$.

Last edited:
Today I did X Train Chest, Back, and Shoulders for 62 minutes and 272 calories burned. My average heart rate was 111 and maximum heart rate 156. I have been doing our taxes for years but I am ready have someone help me with the task. I have reached the point where I dread it more each year.

Valerie, I am very sensitive to sugar alcohols also. I buy the Pure Via stevia from Costco, but my husband uses it much more than I do. I use a tsp of maple syrup or honey to sweeten my oatmeal and yogurt.

Deb, great job doing Cardio Core Live.

Judy, you have been getting in some good workouts. Taking a rest day is important.

Lori, I love those rainbow bungee cords for the Bellicon. I understand wanting something just because it makes you happy.

Diane Sue, I bought Strength and Stamina when Kelly had her New Years sale. I plan to try it sometime soon.

Valerie, I looked when I was at Sprouts today and saw the eryhritol in the Truvia and in the Wholesome brand stevia. Stevia in the raw did not list anything other than Stevia. I wondered at the sweetener when you mentioned it, since it was something that passed fairly quickly. You might think that only 1 or 2 gm of sugar alcohol is not much, but it really is. I have some Swerve that is all Erythritol and 1 tsp is 4 grams. It is supposed to measure like sugar :O I bought it for some Low carb recipes for my husband. It tastes awful. He tolerates that stuff and I do not. I managed to get past PF after a battle with it for a couple of years. I wore a special foot sock, massaged etc.. I stood on a foam roller and balanced rolling it back and forth under my foot, I finally got rid of it and it has never came back. I do find that if I do a lot of the chair/barre work on my toes in releve, that the bottoms of my forefoot will get tingly and hurt.

Carolyn, I really do like Strength and Stamina and there are quite a few good premixes. One without the kettlebell swings, one that will skip out the cardios, and of course upper or lower. I also use honey or pure maple syrup if I want sweetener.

Good morning,

Yesterday I did Gym Style Back, Shoulders, & Biceps, 37 minutes, 137 calories. Eye exam went well. No change in vision so no new prescription needed.

Diane Sue, I don't know if I have Body Max 2...I know I have the first one, but rarely did it. I know I either didn;t get Drill Max, or sold it on Ebay. I need to look at Strength & Stamina again. Sometimes I think that I need to stop buying these workouts, I forget I even have them.

Judy, after 11 days in a row, you are ready for a rest day. We did not get the snow that they predicted for yesterday/last night. Only about an inch. I hope that is all we get. Did you get the amount they said? Those workouts sound good.

Valerie, Glad to hear your foot is better. Good that you know now about that sugar alcohol....and what effects it has on you. I never liked any of those sweeteners, like Carolyn mentioned, I use maple syrup or honey.

Carolyn, I don't blame you for wanting to take your taxes to someone else to do. With having a business, we have always used an accountant to do them.

Hi to Lori...

Take care,

Deb-We ended up with about 10 inches of snow yesterday. It was a good day to stay home.

Valerie-This is the stevia that I use:
https://www.nowfoods.com/natural-foods/betterstevia-extract-powder-organic
This doesn't have anything but stevia. The serving size is so small that the 1 ounce container lasts for months.

Diane Sue-I need to do some KCM workouts next week. Strength and Stamina is a good one that I forget about.

Carolyn-We've thought about going to an accountant for our taxes, as they seem to be getting more and more complicated. Before I was married I always did my own and I did my parent's taxes too.

Hi to Lori!

this is quite the long process. I am slowly getting better.
Judy that brand is not available around here. there are other brands of plain stevia here, powders and drops. I know I tried one a few years ago but I couldn't taste it at all. Does plain stevia really taste sweet on oatmeal? I don't want it in coffee or tea, oatmeal only. If I got by with a teaspoon of sugar or honey I wouldn't bother, but I need way more than that on oatmeal.
Bummer on 10 inches of snow. Hard to imagine... because we are moved into spring here. things blooming all over , coming up like crazy. it's nice outside today so I will try and get outside for a bit. I feel like an indoor houseplant. could not get far from a bathroom with the foot slowing me down.
My foot is close to normal today. a little sore when I first get up but no crutches today.

Same way for us Deb. used an accountant for a long time. our taxes are not simple and the rules change every year. It is a job we (somewhat) happily pay someone else to do. I used to do my own when life was simple. even after we got married we did them for a few years but rules for business and investments get complex and it's a full time job to stay up to date.

Today, I did FIt Split Boxing Bootcamp cardio mix#1 , 35 minutes, 229 calories, 6.0 Met, heart rate average, 135, max 168, 2,575 steps, followed by Strong and Sweaty Cardio Slam no mat mix, 34 minutes, 244 calories, average heart rate 142, max 179, met 6.5, 2,718 steps. I then did the bonus abs from Strong and Sweaty 13 minutes, 65 calories, 264 steps, and finished off with Sarah Beth Yoga Wednesday hip opener hatha yoga, 15 minutes, 33 calories. Total time today was 1 hour 52 minutes and calories burned 604. I almost skipped the yoga since this was a long workout, but really wanted to get some in :)

Deb, Drill Max is tough and not one I run to often. My preference would be to do the weights only on that one. I have used the two Body Max workouts just using the power segments that were legs and step. It made a nice length cardio and leg workout. The Body Max workouts are long by themselves, but I have used them a lot. I go through my two cases of workouts once in awhile and pull out some that peak my interest and put them in a separate holder and set it by the dvd player. Nice job on the Gym Style workout and great that no change in vision :)

Judy, that little jar of stevia looks like the one that I have that is pure stevia and a tiny scoop. I don't think mine is Now though. I would have to look. I purchased it at Sprouts. I really do like the Strength and Stamina workouts.

Valerie, I notices some of my bulbs coming up and my Easter Lilly is trying to sprout again. We had a freeze last night though and I am sure things will be a bit stunted. It is not going to last though. By Monday it will be back above freezing for highs. I am sorry that your foot is giving you problems. I know how frustrating that can be. I have not eaten oatmeal in a long time and even though I have stevia here, I do not use it very often. Guests use it more than me. I bought some Sweet Leaf English toffee flavored stevia drops once for a recipe in a Paleo cookbook. I ended up not caring for it much, as I don't like sweetner in most things. My daughter comes and uses it in her coffee.

Today I did All Out Low Impact HiiT for 37 minutes and 257 calories burned. Average heart rate was 128 and maximum heart rate 154. I skipped the disc cardio because of time. I had my investment club meeting and I needed to leave early. I still like sweeteners in some foods , but it takes much less to satisfy me than it did before I started trying to cut back.

Hello to everyone and have a wonderful day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.