Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 2/26/2023

I never went back and finished yesterday did I. LOL

This no workout this morning as I shopped. Going no where tomorrow as we are supposed to get 4-8" of snow. Getting the CD took nearly an hour, while they upgraded a lot of stuff last year, they are overall a small bank with branches around the area and still don't have the really top of the line set up like Chase or Discovery does, and she called today, because she did a couple things wrong, so the CD is fine, they are helping her fix it this afternoon and I'll run in next week and sign something. It's a very small branch and no one there had done what I needed before. But, I do prefer going to a bank where they actually know me. She even remarked how sweet my parents are and they've only been in there a couple times as they live an hour away and usually bank at the main branch in the next town.

I will be spending a good portion of tomorrow paranoid as Derek and his little group will be driving down to Detroit to spend the night before they fly out Saturday for AZ. They should be going over and down the east side of the state and won't run into snow until the last hour or so. Weird storm that isn't going to affect northern Michigan. I'll relax Saturday night after they get to Phoenix. LOL

Carolyn nice job with Chiseled Upper Body and Core.

Diane Sue great job with Step and Thighs with bands, STS Total Body Lower and stretch.

Today I did CDorner Hi or Lo Impact Cardio 90's Party, 42 minutes, heart rate 139/154, 240 calories, 4,900 steps. I followed this with Coffey Fit Raw Shoulders changing up the moves a bit, 21 minutes, 83 calories, heart rate 110/127, 229 steps?? I finished with CDorner 30 minute Relaxing Flow Mobility/bonus neck and shoulders, 24 minutes( I stopped before the end) 47 calories, heart rate 83/111, 49 steps. Total time was 87 minutes, 370 calories, 5,178 steps

Raw Shoulders
4 rounds each move 8 reps
rnd 1
upright row
8 reps 10# dbs
shoulder press (I did these from the front hands facing head) 8 reps 8# dbs
lateral raise (I did these bent over for two rounds and bent arm for two rounds)8 reps 8# dbs
lateral raise bent over 8 reps 10# dbs
Front Raise (I did these thumbs up and arms slightly angled out) 8 reps 8# dbs
repeat for 3 more rounds
Rnd 5 all moves back to back 8 reps each

Carolyn, nice work on Chiseled Upper Body and Icy core 1. Mobility work is and important part of my work outs. When I have more than one day off from doing it I notice a big difference.

Cathy, our children can be such a worry. It always feels best when we know they are safe. I understand the anxiety over it. I do like going to smaller banks, post offices and the like. We have lived in some small communities where people seemed to know pretty much everyone.

Just finished Legs-Strength and Stamina. Cathe's first workout back from her surgery and she was coaching only. It's a good workout, but I was distracted with Derek's travels so I doubt I got as much out of it as I normally would. They've already left, so they are 4 1/2-5 hours ahead of their original schedule which will at least help some. Overnight the high end snow totals jumped 6-8"! Ugh. And it's all supposed to happen in a 12-14 hours time period. Up to 18" in the Bay Area. And the truly crazy part is the temps will be in the mid-upper 30's for the whole thing! Not real feel, but the actual temperature will be. I've never seen that level of storm with high temps. We'll see if that actually happens. And then our highs for the next three days are 42, 44 and 53! That's gonna make a huge mess. I keep hoping that the boys will get to an age where I can just chill, but apparently not. I know my parents hate it when my sister or I travel alone and we're 62 and 56. LOL

Diane Sue nice job with Hi or Lo Impact Cardio 90's Party, Fit Raw Shoulders and mobility workouts.

Today I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast, timesaver with fewer intervals. That was 41 minutes and 239 calories burned. My average heart rate was 124 and maximum heart rate was 155.

Cathy, great job with Live Legs Strength and Stamina. We never stop worrying about our children no matter how old they are.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner Hi Lo Impact Cardio, Raw Shoulders, and CDorner Mobility.

Hello to Valerie and Judy.

oday I did CDorner Step Class #271 Intermediate/Advanced 128 bpm//music is ladies of the 80's
This was 45 minutes, 225 calories, heart rate 128/150bpm, 3,692 steps. I liked this and had skipped it when it came out. I wanted to do just triceps so I did Caroline Girven tricep workout no push ups, 20 minutes, 48 calories, heart rate 89/127. I only used 8 and 10# dumbbells. I also made a few adjustments. I finished with CDorner Relaxing stretch for tight muscles, 21 minutes, 27 calories. Total time was 86 minutes, 300 calories.
I had a restless night sleep because that rib pain is back. I am still in pain from it. I did not want to push the area with the workout. Caroline does isolate the workout pretty well. Triceps press pushes the front of my shoulders and chest too much.
Caroline Triceps
tate press 10# dbs 12 reps 3 sets
skull crusher 10# dbs 12 reps 1 set
diamond press 8# dbs 12 reps 3 sets
skull crusher 10# dbs 12 reps 1 set
Triceps Press (did kickbacks) with 10# dbs 12 reps 3 sets
skull crusher 10# dbs 8# dbs 12 reps
overhead tricps extension lying down 10 db 12 reps
skull crusher 8# dbs 12 reps 1 set
forwarded to the stretch

I’m taking a rest day today. I need to catch up on some homework.

Diane Sue, nice job with your workouts. I’m sorry that you didn’t sleep well and are in pain again. I hope it’s better today.

Judy, sorry about the power again. Take care.

Hello to Cathy and Valerie.

did the spin bike for 35, abs from x train and therapy.
now I need to schedule a colonoscopy. did not want to do that but there it is. seeing the physiatrist on tuesday and the dentist. this stuff is getting so old!.

Today was Upper Body, but not what I'd planned. My laptop was having issues and all the videos I tried were nothing but solid black with audio. Finally ended up doing ICE Chisled Upper Body. Restarted the laptop and just let it sit and when I checked it later it was fine. Hopefully it stays that way. Derek and Aliah are in the air should arrive in Phoenix before 8:30. Very good thing they left sooner than planned. They still ended up running into snow and then the roads started getting bad about an hour from their destination. The friend driving deserves an award. Then after they got to her house and were settled in they lost power. They were in Royal Oak and like a lot of the Detroit area lost power. Detroit airport was pretty much shut down for awhile last night, but not long enough to get them much off track, so they had no issues with their flight. We ended up only getting about 6" of our predicted 8-12" which was great. And it's been above freezing most of the day so a lot of melting. The guy next door came over with his snow blower and did all of the drive except for where the plow had tossed in a bunch of hard chunks. I did that after lunch and it was already slushy puddles on the bottom side.

Judy sorry to hear you also lost your power. Hope it's back soon if it isn't already.

Diane Sue great job with Step Class, triceps and stretch.

Carolyn nice job with ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast.

Valerie sorry to hear about all your medical appointments. Never fun. Great job with the spin bike for 35, abs from x train and therapy.

We are still out of power. We are staying home this time and using our small generator to power our refrigerator, Chris’s computer and 2 little space heaters. The temperature inside is around 60. The cats are staying warm. It looks like we could get power back on Monday. Since this appears to be DTE’s new normal, we’ve decided to pursue installing a whole house generator. We live in a condo so we will have to get board approval but since there is already at least one other condo here that has one, it shouldn’t be an issue. Today I did a 20 minute Peloton strength workout, using the app on my phone.

Carolyn-I hope you had a nice rest day.

Valerie-Great workout today. I’m sorry about all the medical appointments. I hate those too.

Cathy-We weren’t expecting such a big outage so soon after the last one. I’m glad Derek didn’t have any issues with his flight.

Hi to Diane Sue

Today I did CDorner 30 minute Low Impact Cardio All Standing //to the beat walking workout no jumping. There are two workouts with the same name that are walking. The other is 40 minutes and I like the music in the 30 minute one best. This workout was 32 minutes, 122 calories, heart rate 110/148, 3,148 steps. I then did the part of another workout that I did the first half of added onto another workout. This was 5000 Steps Low Impact Cardio to the Beat, 23 minutes, heart rate 132/152, 126 calories, 2,110 steps. I finished with CDorner Mobility with a chair, 27 minutes, 35 calories. Total time was 82 minutes, 283 calories, 5,258 steps.
I did not want to do any strength work today. I had so much pain around my rib cage and sternum again. Along with lower ab pain. It has been off and on since my shoulder surgery which I think set it off.

Carolyn, I hope you have a productive day today and enjoy the rest.

Valerie, nice work with the spin bike, abs, and therapy today. I always dread all of those tests. I am hoping I do not have to ever have another colonoscopy. I hope things go well for you. I need to set up a dentist appointment for a crown I am putting off.

Cathy, I am glad that your laptop started working. Good job getting in Ice Upper Body Workout. Travel with all of those outages and bad weather would be worrisome.

Judy, I hope your power gets back on soon. That would be frustrating.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.