Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 2/25/2024

this morning I did STS Disk 33 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. One more week to go, and I'm putting the workouts closer together so I'm done by Wednesday as I'll be shopping/packing Thursday and we leave Friday morning. We don't have to leave until 9 because of the time change that's in our favor, but I don't know how much last minute stuff I'll have to do or if I'll sleep well enough the night before to do a workout. I don't know how many days I'll get workouts in while we're gone, but I should be able to get some cardio in at least half the time, plus three days with lots of steps. Sunny here again. I'll take it, but El Niño is certainly wreaking havoc with winter tourism here.

Valerie that's a really rough situations for your friends. Not the first time I know of where biting the owners was what finally pushed them to do something. We have lots of nighttime thunderstorms here in the summer, but nighttime tornadoes are apparently rare. Sounds like some pretty bad winter storms out west right now. Sorry to hear you and DH are under the weather. Hopefully whatever it is is short lived.

Diane Sue great job with Raw Kickbox NRG and Raw Box & Tone .

Hi Carolyn and Judy.

Today I did a 45 minute Endurance Row. I’ve done 45 minutes of rowing with breaks but this was the first time I’ve done a 45 minute rowing class without any break. I might end up paying for it tomorrow but I feel pretty good so far. Monday we are starting our bathroom remodel. The contractors will be here all week, and probably part of the next week. I plan on taking an active rest week since it will be challenging to get any workouts in while the work is being done.

Diane Sue-Great job with the CDorner Taylor Swift workout, Mobility work and stretches, Raw Heavy Weight Bootcamp & stretch, Raw Kickbox NRG and Raw Box & Tone.

Valerie-I’m glad you had a safe trip back. Great job with the elliptical, therapy work, weights and spinning. I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.

Carolyn-Great job with KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix workout one and P 30 Perfect Flow, Yoga Strength and Flexibility.

Cathy-Great job with STS Disk 39 Squat Rack Legs and Disk 33 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps.

This morning I did JS One Mile of Motivation for 15 minutes, 114 calories burned, average heart rate 137 and maximum heart rate 156. Then I did STS 2.0 Standing Abs Metabolic Core Warm Up for 10 minutes and 59 calories. I finished up with Step Boss Lying Stretch which was 10 minutes.

Cathy, great job with STS disc 39 Squat Rack Legs and disc 33 Shoulders, Biceps, and Triceps.

Diane Sue, nice job with Raw Kickbox NRG and Raw Box and Tone.

Valerie, nice job with the spin ride and therapy.

Judy, great job with the 45 minute Endurance Row. That’s quite an accomplishment.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Today I did Raw Strength balance & core, 36 minutes, heart rate 103/136, 115 calories. That is all I had time for this morning. I like this one doing the balancing work with a weight move. Kelly does not go through this fast to keep the balance.

Valerie, nice job on the spin ride and therapy this morning. Your neighbors tried. There is no way they should have to deal with a dog that bites them. I am sure it hurt to do it, and they probably had some caring for the dog.

Cathy, good job on STS Disc 33 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps today. I am sure you are looking forward to your trip. I need to start getting things together and ready as we will be renting a cabin for our anniversary vacation.
Judy, nice work on the 45 minute endurance row. I hope that you are not too sore.

Carolyn, mix today of JS One Mile of Motivation, STS 2.0 Standing Abs Metabolic Core Warm Up, finishing with Step Boss Lying Stretch.

Last edited:
DH and I always kept a distance from the dog. his eyes looked crazy! I'm no genius at reading dog temperament but he always looked like he was ready to bite to us. they are very nice people and have had dogs before and they tried everything with this guy from training to medicine but I think they were at the decision point already with this behavior. it sounds like a fast decision..... Bite us and you die. we had seen him start to make a move on one of them before. he could not be trusted, ever. what kind of pet is that? they had a muzzle on him outdoors when walking. I know that even a bad pet you get attached quickly and want to give them another chance if they behave badly. i will ask them when we get together how this all came about.

I did half hour on the treadmill, therapy work, and curls and tricep work.

This morning I did the step combos from Low Max. I always wondered why she decided to do combos with breakdowns in that one instead of just the easy combos without breakdowns in all the other IMAX workouts. Talked to Nick last night. Since he has a membership at TCU fitness he has guest passes and he's determined that we will go climbing. So, we'll be climbing. LOL My biggest program is lack of reach with my arm and leg length, but I'm game. I feel like I gave up too soon last time. He's also doing a 30 day yoga program, so apparently, I am expected to do that with him. Which I'm totally cool with, as I'd like to do more yoga.

After watching the clips of Cathe using the balance disk, I really want one. I hope she uses them in the new workouts, I believe they are listed as equipment, but I would probably use them on my own. I still have really good balance, but the older I get the more critical it'll be to have, I have plenty of examples in my own family of what I don't want and even my sister who is 6 years younger than I am says she doesn't have the best balance. Once we're back from the trip, I plan to order the new workouts, and I'll probably order the disk then, too.

Edited to say, I went and checked out the balance disks and the cheapest shipping was $15! I'll be looking at other options.

Valerie nice job with the treadmill, therapy and upper body work.

Diane Sue great job with Raw Strength balance & core.

Carolyn nice job with JS One Mile of Motivation, STS 2.0 Standing Abs Metabolic Core Warm Up and Step Boss Lying Stretch.

Judy great job with the 45 minute Endurance Row. 45 minutes straight would likely leave you feeling it. I hope your bathroom project goes smoothly.

Last edited:
Today is a rest day. I went to the Farmer’s Market, Sprouts, and The Fresh Market. I found some nice produce and picked up a loaf of sourdough bread from one of the vendors.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Strength Balance and Core. That sounds like a good workout.

Valerie, good job with the treadmill, therapy, and upper body exercises. That’s too bad about your neighbor’s dog, but it sounds like something that was inevitable.

Cathy, nice job with the Low Max step combos. I saw Cathe’s balance disc, but I doubt that I will order one. I had a Bosu Ball that I used for that purpose, but I got rid of it last year. I know from experience that I won’t really use it. I am looking forward to the new workouts, but will only use equipment that I already own.

Hello to Judy.

Did 30 on elliptical this morning, and just finished therapy work.

I'm debating whether I should get this new series. I haven't used a dvd since last fall just because I didnt want to sort out what was safe to do and what wasnt. I cant do many of the standard exercises anymore due to joints. the bending restrictions will I think be gone in about 2 weeks. Ive been bending for normal activity for a while now, but fast paced or with weight is a lot more intense and Im not rushing back without his OK first. .

carolyn, its so true...we were sure something would happen with this dog, just wondered who he would go after, and made sure it wasn't us. we said what we thought and they both agreed it was a matter of time but they could not quite pull the trigger on the deal.
my potential head cold vanished after taking one antihistamine yesterday morning. not sure what it was but glad it didnt become anything.

judy how did you feel today after 45 min of rowing?

cathy good luck on climbing. I took a class a long time ago and didnt enjoy it. my joints are way too flexible to hold in positions that are solid for most people. good things and bad things about being flexible. I should take a look at the details on the dvds. they might be toned down enough for me to use. and "new" is a good motivator.

Valerie-my legs are pretty sore, more than usual, but other than that I feel good. I was expecting my upper body to be more sore but it really isn't.

Today I did Raw Box a Better Waistline, 30 minutes, 155 calories, heart rate 129/162, 906 calories. This used a 15# dumbbell for a couple of moves and ankle weights throughout. She did suggest you could use egg weights or light dumbbells no more than 3#. She did not use the egg weights though. This is a standing workout. I then did CDorner To the Beat Cardio Mashup, 28 minutes, 164 calories, heart rate 142/175, 2,977 steps. I finished with CDorner day 26 After Workout Legs Stretch and Day 28 Upper Body Stretch Mobility, 25 minutes, 32 calories. Total time was 83 minutes, 351 calories, 3,883 steps.

Cathe, I got a balance disc from Amazon when I saw the one on Cathe's store thinking she might use it in STS 2. I mainly use it to sit on and lift my self up a bit on the floor when I am sitting cross legged so my inner thigh doesn't hurt. I don't know why, but my right hip flexor start hurting when in that position and that knee is up. It just makes it a bit more comfortable, but I am sort of wobbling on it. I have a BOSU that works for balance as well. I thought the disc might help with posture when sitting in a chair, but I was told by a family member that I was not sitting up straight. I have not looked at the clips.
Nice work on Low Max today.

Valerie, nice work on the elliptical and therapy moves today. I wonder if moves that require twisting side to side might be a problem. I thought of you when Kelly was holding a 15# dumbbell and rotating it from one side of the hip to the other. She made comment about back issues of fusions that might mean doing something else. I understand taking it slow. I haven't ordered the new series yet, but plan on getting it. I am sure they will be good ones and hopefully a bit lighter on work. I think there will always be some work arounds as I age. I am glad your head cold went away.

Judy, amazing that your upper body isn't sorer after the long rowing session.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.