Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 2/21

good morning. I did Rock em sock em yesterday. today we were considering skiing again but were getting a "wintery mix" of precipitation much of the night so will not do the plan. yes, major bummer. we blew it on the only good weather day. next week weather looks spring- like with temps getting near 60. we will have snow here for a long time since the snowpack in mountains is robust this year. if we want, we can probably ski into May. good skiers can ski somewhere around here much of the year. I am NOT a good skier! I can go uphill but steep downhill on back country skis is not a skill I have. Cathy 40 is much of our winter. 40 and drizzling is the norm here.

Today I did JS Stride and Step. That was 30 minutes and 221 calories burned. My average heart rate was 135 and maximum heart rate was 160. I didn’t have much energy for working out today, but I forced myself to do this lower intensity workout from Jessica’s Walk Strong 2. I’m glad that I did.

Judy, you have done some good workouts this week. I know what you mean about feeling the lower body workout. I feel that way from the core work in Lower Body Trisets.

Cathy, nice work with STS Legs and P 30 Mobility.

Valerie, great job with Rock’m Sock’m. The weather is really not cooperating with your desire to ski. I’m sorry that it isn’t working out.

Hello to Deb, Diane Sue, and Lori.

This morning was STS Back and Biceps. Those are my two least favorite upper body areas to work, but I managed everything except I had to drop down a pound on the reverse curls. Mainly due to my right forearm as it's still just a tad cranky from when I went to heavy three weeks ago.

Then I met with the accountant this afternoon to give him our tax info. I've always done it, but it's just gotten more and more stressful and adding a second kid in college was my deal breaker. So much nicer to just sit there and answer his questions. Small family firm and now the family from band as both sons were drum majors. I met with the older one who graduated before Nick was in high school, but new him and recognized me.

That was the easy part of my day. The new router arrived yesterday, so when DH is done with work in an hour, I get to set it up. The internet actually started working full time again late Sunday, so we don't really need it, but at this point, I'm not going to mess things up by not returning the router they are expecting. Thing says it takes 10 minutes and I really hope that's true.

Valerie great job with Rock'm Sockm, sorry that your skiing has gotten so messed up. We are definitely not 40 most of the winter. LOL Weather channel is still telling me I'll have decent weather for my trip north and I've got everything crossed that that doesn't change.

Carolyn great job getting in a workout when you weren't really feeling it. It's a great feeling when you can push through that and do it anyway.

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did an oldie, Muscle Endurance from the Intensity series. I used to do this one regularly and I think I will start doing it again. This morning I did a 60 minute Peloton Power Zone Endurance ride.

Valerie-Great job with Rock'm Sock'm. That's another favorite of mine.

Carolyn-Nice job with JS Stride & Step. Great job getting it done when you didn't have much energy.

Cathy-Great job with STS Back & Biceps. It's finally getting a little warmer and it almost feels like spring here in Wayne county. Looking at the forecast, we might even get up into the 50's next week. I hope you have good weather for your trip up north.

Hi to Diane Sue, Deb & Lori,

did a 30 min spin premix from X train yesterday along with x train abs. also a series of 75 knee push ups, tricep push ups, dips, and curls.

this morning we gave xc skiing another try. OMG the snow was awful. Nasty icy crust, so that your skis broke thru but the ski tips got caught under the snow with every step. I am done. not driving to this spot again. avalanche warnings are very high right now, and there were a million snowmobiles wandering around looking for a place to go. I assume there was a snow slide and they could not get to their usual area. I wanted to try snowshoeing instead but DH just got mad at me for refusing to go further. I told him he could do what ever but I was going back to the car. he turned around too.

wow judy, I think I have muscle endurance but must be 10 years since I did it. I've let mt biking take the place of a lot of workouts I used to do.

we have a chance for 60 degrees next week. we are hoping for email notification for our vaccines for next friday. then we will be free to travel in march.

This morning I did P30 Perfect Pump Lower Body for 33 minutes and 141 calories burned. My average heart rate was 111 and maximum heart rate was 148. After my workout I went to the outdoor farmer’s market to look for local vegetables. It was foggy but the rain has stopped for now and I wanted to take advantage of it.

Cathy, nice work with STS Back and Biceps. I love to work my back, not so much biceps. That combination of body parts gives me something I like paired with my least favorite. I started going to the CPA a few years ago for the same reasons that you stated. Doing our taxes stressed me out so much that I decided that I wasn’t going to do it anymore.

Judy, great job with Muscle Endurance and the Peloton Endurance ride. Muscle Endurance is a good workout.

Valerie, nice job with X Train Ride, Abs, and upper body work.

Hello to Everyone. Have a wonderful day.

This morning I did P30 Low Impact Hiit. Was going to do Abs but my back is still cranky, so opted for an extended stretch instead.

Judy, great job on Muscle Endurance. I'm with Valerie, I haven't done that one in forever! I'm definitely looking forward to those 50 degree days coming up even if it does make the yard a muddy mess.

Valerie great job on the workout yesterday. You packed a lot in. Sorry to hear your attempt at skiing was a bust again.

Carolyn nice job with the PP Lower Body workout.

Today I did Cathe Live #336 Cardio Compound Upper. I stopped at the 30 minute stopping point as she says you can stop there or go on doing all of the moves again minus the cardio. This was 30 minutes, heart rate 92/124, 77 calories, 957 steps. I then did CDorner Basic Step Aerobics Great Music Not Boring(this did not have a number on it and I gather it was soon after her area was fixed up) This was 33 minutes, heart rate 108/140 (I saw it at 98 20 minutes in and decided I would ignore it as I wanted to enjoy the fun) 133 calories, 1,138 steps. I really did enjoy this one and the music. I also did CDorner Mobility 26 minutes, heart rate 89/102,32 calories, 95 steps. This one was pretty active and she kept telling the audience to stay where they were while she went to adjust things so she could see what people were saying or something. I gathered she had not been at it for long on this one. I liked the neck work at the end. A little more time in plank position than I wanted.
My neck and shoulders along with upper back hurt tonight, but I am not sure if it is the Cathe workout or a combination because I lifted some heavy boxes to cart out to the garage. I need to pack lighter.

Cathe Live# 336 Low Impact Cardio Compound Upper
multiple weight increments, Cathe Used 5,8,10,12,15 # and a mat 47 minutes
3 compound moves followed by cardio
Warm Up used 5 or 8# dumbbells
opens with cardio
lateral/front/ draw in 5# dumbbells
squat concentration curl passing to other hand 15# db (single and triple curls)
mountain climber/shoulder taps
rnd 2
cardio step together step punch and overhead reach
seated incline biceps curls 15# dbs/seated incline arnold press 12# dbs
glute bridge 1 leg elevated/flys/pullovers Cathe 15# dbs me 12# dbs 7 and 7 reps
plank/knee/ down and release
rnd 3
cardio squat/adductions
lateral raise both/singles 5# dbs
glute bridge 10# dbs triceps skull crusher/close grip press some are 1 1/2 (long segment)
plank knee circles
rnd 4
zig zag puddle jumpers
front swing/triceps extension 15# db
dead row w/ rotation 15# dbs
push up/ bear crawl
Stop here and stretch or go out with all 4 rounds minus the cardio segments.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.