Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 2/21

Good morning deb. hope DH is recovering quickly.

we got good news from our neighbor who got her vaccine a few days before us at the same facility. she got notice of an appt on date on her f/up card, via email yesterday. this in spite of hearing about shipment delays due to the snow/ice. now we are more optimistic ours will be available march 5th in the same manner. we want to do a montana trip to get in some skiing. we will keep trying to ski here but its been disappointing. trip time window clashed with vaccine time. this looks like it will work out for us.

off to do some serious basement cleaning.

Someone thought it would be a good idea to make me do IMAX 3 today!. :eek: I did have to modify a a fair bit of the high impact, and there's a lot of it. But, I did do the whole thing. Per my watch I burned a heck of a lot of calories. Though no idea if it's really accurate it sure felt like it. Says 483. Had 25 minutes anaerobic and 3 extreme. HR 110/155.

Internet is working sometimes for a couple hours at a time. Not sure what will happen with DH's work tomorrow. The router is supposed to arrive sometime tomorrow but our deliveries tend to be later in the day. And I get stressed enough trying to figure that kind of stuff out, I don't need him wanting it ASAP.

Valerie I sure hope you get your vaccine on time so you can go skiing.

This morning I did WS3 One Mile of Motivation for 15 minutes and 111 calories burned. Average heart rate was 131 and maximum heart rate was 149. Then I did Element Yoga with Alanna Zabel, a restorative practice, which was 25 minutes.

Deb, thanks for starting the thread today. I hope things are better for your husband.

Cathy, great job with IMAX 3. I dread that one so much that I never do it. Your calorie burn was probably accurate for that workout.

Valerie, I feel optimistic about March follow up vaccine appointments. Mine is scheduled for March 6.

Hello to Judy, Diane Sue, and Lori.

Hi Everyone,

Saturday and Sunday I did Peloton rides. I feel like I'm getting back into endurance mode. It snowed again last night, just a couple of inches.

Deb-I hope your husband is feeling better.

Cathy-Great job with IMAX 3. That is a calorie burner!

Carolyn-Nice job with WS3 and the restorative yoga.

Valerie-I hope you are able to get your vaccines on time.

Diane Sue-I looked at CDorner's YouTube channel and I think I will try her Bosu Ball workout soon.

Hi to Lori,

we did a load of cleaning and tossing thru our garden supplies in the basement. good time of year for it, as gardening starts in earnest here in march.
later I did 20 on the elliptical, abs from x train, push ups, curls, dips for another 20 or so minutes.
raining today. we get a ton of snow here, but its often pretty awful stuff. heavy and concrete texture. montana is colder and dryer and snow is usually much better. we are hoping to try again wed here, but I would rather do mt biking a as the snow is mostly gone and its more reliable.
the way our system is working, we have a tentative vaccine appt on the 5th, depending on supply. we are hopeful. will be nice to get this behind us.

I have turned over computer maintenance to DH. I don't do well at it. I intuitively always do the wrong thing. he can do something and it works, while I do the same thing and it doesn't. like Im a negative energy force or something.

This morning I did part of Afterburn, intervals 1-6 and interval 10. My time was 44 minutes with 228 calories burned. Average heart rate was 119 and maximum heart rate was 161. I decided to skip the intervals that I dread and focus on the other parts of the workout.

Judy, great job with the Peloton rides. That’s wonderful that you are getting back to endurance level.

Valerie, nice job with the elliptical and strength work. Cleaning out and discarding always gives me a sense of accomplishment. Getting ready for spring gardening is good.

Have a nice day everyone.

Today I did one of the workouts that Kelly just put up. Raw Hi Low: Step, 40 minutes (38:43) 171 calories, 3,766 steps, heart rate 109/151. This was fun and no boxing. It does the hi/lo first and then the step uses the same move and is on and off the step bench so easy to just switch out if one does not want to do step. I wanted to do the new weight workout, but think another day or two of rest for neck and shoulders from all of the shoveling and stuff. I also did CDorner # 118 abs on the Bosu, 19 minutes, 29 calories, 88/101 heart rate , 163 steps. Total today was 59 minutes, 200 calories, 3,929 step. Another house showing today and school. My grandson and I made a quick trip between zoom classes to get a few groceries. Whole foods is too busy and I can't seem to get a delivery right now.

Did a 40 min spin from x train, a few sets of curls, and abs from x train.

I love getting a whole section of our house cleaned out and decluttered. gardening stuff builds up because you can always think of another use for things, and it doesnt have to be in new condition, but it can pile up after years. we pared things way down. will be easier to find things and keep organized now. put up a set of wall hooks for hats and sweats.

Yesterday was Disk 19 which is Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and they are all feeling it today. That's the longest workout in STS I think at 69 minutes. Today I did Double Wave Pyramid Hiit. That one is pretty tough though it's all stuff I can do so I didn't have to modify. Was supposed to do abs, but my mid back is tight right now. Fingers crossed that the way the forecast looks two weeks from now sticks because I have reservations in Marquette for two nights. Going up to take the boys their tax stuff and hopefully spend some time with them. I'd like to have one of them over to the hotel each night so I can spend time chatting. Especially with Nick about his upcoming move to Texas. They are having a mini heat wave and Nick is wearing shorts the last couple days. It was 40 this morning at 5:30 when he went to workout. LOL

Carolyn great job on AfterBurn. That's one that just the thought of intimidates me. I really need to try it again. Starting to think about what I'll do after STS is done, though I'll be doing that into April.

Judy nice job with the Peloton rides!

Valerie great job getting all the workouts in and with the decluttering. There's a lot of stuff around here, I'd get rid of but unfortunately it doesn't belong to me! I already have my stuff paired down quite a bit. It always feels good to clear up an area. I hope you are able to get your vaccines so you can get some skiing in.

Diane Sue good job on the workouts! I hope your shoulders and neck are feeling better. Was your Whole Foods out of a lot of stuff, too?

I did a premix spin (36 min) from X train, and abs from x train. I felt good about the spin. wish I had set up to do the entire one that was 15 min longer. I've been burning out on spin at about 40 min until yesterday when I felt like I wanted to go longer. I take 15 second breaks during the spin mostly to hike up my pants. my hips are small on top, waistlines never stay up. stretchy fabrics contract toward my knees pulling the waist downward. Hate that sensation!! I have to stop and hitch them up.
doing curls using my new bands, easy to stick in a couple sets of 16 while a disk is loading. my old bands were too easy/ too hard. enjoying this new set. red one is too easy.

not sure if I will ever do STS again. I did a couple times and liked it but its a time commitment. Strong work Cathy!. Carolyn athletic training is one I only did a couple times. so many dvds, so little time.

I got a new set of gloves I really like. old ones had disintegrated. these have a wrist wrap that keeps them in place. feels supportive, less slippage and keeps me from developing callouses. about $17 but much nicer than my old ones. this is the amazon link.

Today I did Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT and the Extended Stretch for 36 minutes and 207 calories burned. Average heart rate was 124 and maximum heart rate was 174.

Valerie, great job with X Train Ride and Abs. Thanks for the link to the gloves that you ordered. They look good.

Cathy, I love that shirt! Great job with STS disc 19 and Double Wave HiiT Pyramid. That’s another one that you avoid.

Hello to Deb, Diane Sue, Judy, and Lori.

Carolyn, DH got me these gloves for xmas so I have some use-time on them now. I'm pleased with them. I have arthritic knuckles so need a large and sometimes gloves are loose otherwise. the wrist wrap helps keep them in place. I would buy these again if I need to. I wear them for lifting, elliptical, spinning, push ups. I'm very prone to callous at base of my fingers and this prevents it.

today did chiseled upper body and Abs #1. going to try to ski tomorrow so didn't do cardio or legs.

Last edited:
Today I did a timesaver from Party Rockin Step 2. That was 34 minutes with 229 calories burned. My average heart rate was 132 and maximum heart rate was 168.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Today didn't go as planned. we loaded up, drove to the mts. we were getting boots on when DH realized he forgot to put our poles in the car. this made it a total no-go. you can't ski or even snowshoe without poles. they are essential. this is not a smooth groomed area. so we drove home. Dumb move!! no idea how he forgot them because they are leaned against the wall with skis and we had those. oh well. we got home and put the bikes on and drove to tree farm and rode there for 90 min. only 38degrees when we started but it was sunny so felt warmer. it snowed last night so all the trees were dripping almost like it was raining. it was wet and muddy but the 2 feet of snow from 10 days ago was mostly gone. would have preferred skiing in the sun. will try a re-do in a day or two. raining today.

we are pretty sure we will be eligible for second shot on the date on the card we got after our first. march 5th. if all works out, we want to leave that weekend. tough to decide without a firm date set up.

Last edited:
Today I did LIS Upper Body Trisets for 56 minutes and 324 calories burned. My average heart rate was 125 and maximum heart rate was 154.

Valerie, it must have been very disappointing to arrive at your destination and discover that you didn’t have the poles. At least you were able to salvage part of the day and get in ride.

Where is everyone? Hello to All and have a wonderful day.

Hi Everyone,

Monday I did a short (10 minute) ride and Muscle Meltdown Triceps after work. Tuesday I did a 30 minute scenic ride and a 10 minute Peloton band workout after work. I didn't work yesterday so I had a little more more time. I did Cathe Live #308 Metabolic Med Ball Blast and followed it with Perfect 30 Lower Body. I added on a 10 minute Apple Fitness+ Core workout, a 20 min Peloton scenic ride and 5 minutes of Peloton Arm toning. I can definitely feel the lower body work today. I just got home from a 4 hour shift so I will probably do a short Peloton workout later.

Carolyn-Great workouts this week. I need to do the Upper Body Trisets workout again. That is a good one.

Valerie-I'm sorry your day didn't go as planned. It's good that you got a ride in.

Cathy-I love that shirt!

Hi to Deb & Lori,

Yesterday was STS Legs and today which is technically my rest day, I did P30 Mobility because I really needed it. Getting ready to get set up my workout for tomorrow, so I don't have to do it in the morning and can get started faster. Shopped today and Whole Foods was fully stocked for the first time in months. After all the snow we got last week, it started warming up here earlier in the week and a lot of it is gone already. We're going to be near or over 40 for the next two weeks. So, we had a bit of real winter and now back to above normal.

Valerie what a major bummer that was for your skiing plan. Hopefully you'll get to go soon.

Great job with the workouts everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.