Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 2/17

Good afternoon,

PT exercises yesterday, including 10 minutes on the exercise bike. I am still getting used to that....not my favorite piece of equipment. Besides, it is all set up for John, so each time is a hassle fixing the seat, handlebars etc. Babysat this morning from 7 to 12:30...

edited to add: Yesterday I spent about an hour or so on the phone with Ebay, as apparently someone (from Russia) went on to Ebay and changed my password! Joy. I had to go to any website where I use this email address and change the password…I am not finished yet. I keep thinking of more of them. Ugh…I could not figure out what the benefit that would be to anyone since they could not pay for anything from there....John said what they do is list something using your name/account, then get paid and never ship the item. It basically ruins your Ebay seller account.

Diane Sue, that is disappointing about the gloves. That style is really one I like. I guess if you like step, all that jumping off and on is fun and a challenge. Not so much for me. I feel like it is an accident waiting to happen. Have a great dinner!

Carolyn, Agree, sometimes you body needs a rest and you don't even realize it until you do the next workout. Thanks for the tip on the Cathe clip I don't usually go to Cathe's FB but went over to view it. It was a hoot! I didn;t start with Cathe for a few years after that. I don't even remember when, or what led me to her workouts. I do know that I had a lot on VHS.

Valerie, agree, I believe the gloves are not worth the time or effort, and will remain as 1 pound gloves. Too bad with all that snow you have had, it is not the kind that makes good xc skiing.

Judy, that app sounds like it was made for you! :). Nice that they give you an orientation plus that training. No idea yet what your regular schedule will be? What is different about a Peloton bike that makes them so popular, and in demand? I read a couple of other posts where people were envious of those that had one of those bikes.

Hi to Lori,

Take care,

Last edited:
Today I did Rev’d Up Rumble + The Calorie Crush for 49 minutes and 378 calories burned. My average heart rate was 132 and maximum heart rate was 154.

Diane Sue, great job with Cardio Party Double It premix and Fit Split Bonus Abs. Enjoy your dinner out.

Judy, nice job with your active rest days and Peloton ride. The part time job sounds like it will be good. From what I have read, the Peloton bike with the computer is like being in a live cycling class, aside from the great features of the bike itself.

Valerie, I hope that you can get to Montana safely.

Hello to Lori and Deb.

Judy, a month or two to do one of the programs would probably look like fun. It looks fun when I see advertising, but I am not the best at long spin workouts. Wow, on the cost after you buy the Peloton.

Valerie, hopefully things check out and are not too bad so you can have a safe trip and not too much snow shoveling when you get there. Nice that you have some neighbors that you can check with.

Deb, that is terrible that someone got into your ebay account and changed your password. I never thought of someone doing that to take money an not send the product. What a pain to deal with. I have fun with step and have always loved it, but I am not a real fan of straddle jumps, box jumps, and burpees to jumps on and off. I remember years ago when they recommended not jumping off the bench. Now they jump on and off both feet. Plyo onto it and off. The one I like the least is RWH and leaping over the whole step. Does not work well for me. I modify facing the step and stepping off most of the time. My first Cathe vhs tape was Power max or something like that. I later bought her classics dvd and another old compilation. It really is funny how much things have changed.

Carolyn, how is the calorie crush on the Rev'd up and Rumble?

Yesterday I did Basic Step, Muscle Meltdown Triceps and LiTe 6 Pack Abs #2. We have a wind warning for tomorrow and they are saying power outages are likely :( I'm not looking forward to that.

Deb-I'm so sorry that happened. I had the same thing happen to my eBay account about 15 years ago. I had it connected to my checking account and had to close that account and start a new one. I also closed the eBay account. Now I just use Chris's eBay if I want to buy or sell anything.
I don't know what my regular schedule will be yet. The person that called to offer the job had originally said mornings 6-10 so I hope it stays at that.

Diane Sue-I wonder why they recommended not jumping on the step before and then changed it? I don't like box jumps or burpees using the step either. I usually modify those too. I'm afraid of missing the step and getting injured. It's hard enough for me to do regular step workouts without adding extra challenges.

Carolyn-I think the Peloton bike would be nice to have. I wish I could get Chris interested in indoor cycling, then it might be worth it if we were both using it.

Big windows10 update so desktop is “occupied” right now. Deb too bad about eBay hack. Such a pain to redo everything and still not know what exactly the problem was to begin with. did you do something wrong? or is it ebays fault?
use a sharpie to mark positions on the bike frame so it’s easy to switch back and forth. DH and I started with similar settings but now he likes the handlebar and seat raised a lot, so I automatically go back to my marked settings. Takes about two seconds! Easier than trial and error. Judy peloton sounds expensive unless you use it all the time. I can outdoor ride several times a week, but indoor spinning once a week.
I am uncomfortable jumping up or over the step. I will step up and down but limited jumping.

I buy toothpaste at Costco, so of course 4-5 tubes packed together. Colgate Total last time said “a new taste.”Omg its awful! I used twice. Never an issue with toothpaste before. I can’t get the taste out of my mouth. Used it yesterday am and still tasted it at dinner time. Gave a strong metal taste to food. "new" ingredient stannous fluoride. stated on the box. Beware of product improvements!. I noticed immediately but used a second time thinking maybe it wasn’t as bad as I thought..... well, it is. Not all Colgate products use this additive. DH doesn’t notice it like I did so maybe an individual thing. it is completely unusable for me.

Last edited:
My workout this morning was Pyramid Pump Lower Body, up only premix. My time was 36 minutes with 203 calories burned. Average heart rate was 118 and maximum heart rate was 164.

Deb, that’s terrible about your Ebay account! I didn’t discover Cathe for many years after her first videos. I had Denise Austin, Jane Fonda, Kathy Smith and others, but most of my workouts were group classes at the gym or community center.

Diane Sue, The Calorie Crush from Rev’d Up Rumble is a good one. It does have some burpees, but I modify them to avoid going down to the floor. Other moves include football runs, plié jacks, sequential kicks, etc. I love Step too, but I know how to modify the high impact moves to make them work for me. I never jump up on the step. I step up or run up, but never with risers. I previewed Cardio Party Calorie Crush again and actually paid attention this time. It looks like fun and I hope to try it soon.

Judy, great job with Basic Step, Muscle Meltdown, and Six Pack Abs 2. Abs 2 seems to bother my back if I’m not careful. I think it’s the straight leg sit ups. I did it on Thursday and I noticed the same discomfort in my back that I did the other times that I have done t.

Hello to Lori and Valerie.

This morning I got a late start. I went to bed way to late. My grandson dropped by before work just as I was setting up :) I went back to it after he left. I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Blast Athletic Step, 36 minutes, 263 calories, 3,340 steps, heart rate average 150, max 174, met 9.38. I then did Ice Boot Camp Circuit time saver mix #6 no upper or abs, 26 minutes, 1,805 steps, 207 calories, met 8.20, heart rate 127, max 161. I finished off with Kelly's Raw foam roller stretch, 24 minutes, 60 calories, met 2.3, 146 steps. Total time was 86 minutes, 530 calories. I had planned on doing a full body workout today and adding the other 3 body parts from Lite Pyramid that I have not done this week, but my neck has been crackly and hurting, so I am letting that area go for now other than stretching and some ice.

Judy, I can hear the wind whipping around outside, but I don't think high enough to cause power outages. I am just avoiding outside since pollen warnings are out today at medium high and with the wind it would not be good. March is generally a pretty windy month here most of the time. I was looking at some links this morning on jumping off the box or step. Most said it can provide a lot of strength and benefits, but, some said you should step off. Jumping off can lead to a mishap of hitting the ground wrong and cause serious injury and problems. I would think if a person already has knee problems or any other lower body or hip problems, jumping off the step would not be a good thing to add to a workout.

Valerie, I bought Tom's toothpaste the last time. Two tubes of it and it has no fluoride and is rather strong mint taste with very little sweetness to it. I didn't realize that it had no fluoride. I don't know if that is a real problem or not. I don't mind it. There is a new toothpaste they gave us samples of at the dentist office and my husband kept telling me it had a slimy feel. I did not notice it though and didn't mind. That is a great idea marking your settings on the spin bike. My problem is usually when grandchildren play with the knobs and settings. I have started locking the workout room when I have all three of the younger ones over at the same time. I never really minded them riding on it though. It gave them some much needed energy release rather than sitting playing video games and watching television.

Carolyn, thanks for letting me know what the exercises are on the Lite Rev'd up and Rumble calorie crush. I would like that one. It sounds doable as is. I will jump onto the step, but step down. If I feel any discomfort I sill do a 1 leg hop up and step down. or straddle 1 legged hops instead of straddle jumps with both feet on and off. If I have one riser or no risers it is not so bad, but two risers I do not like to do. Funny, I used to do those box jumps on the STS Hiit workouts with the 3 risers and two risers no problem. That was when it first came out. I prefer the burpee moves from a step or with something to elevate me a bit like the edge of the rebounder. Although when Cathe does those side to side ones, I cannot do that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.