Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 11/21

Yesterday I did To the Max Slide and Glide Tabata, Step Boss Bonus Abs 2 and the combos from IMAX 3. Today I was up at 4 and ended up doing Low Impact Cardio Hiit. Was going to do something else, but by the time I'd had breakfast I was feeling tired. Besides I had lot to do to prep for taking Derek back tomorrow. What originally looked like an easy up and back now is being messed with by snow. Looks like we can slide through ahead of most of it if we leave by 7 a.m., but depending on which weather app is right, I may not want to come home till Tuesday! So instead of taking just enough stuff for one night, I packed clothes, breakfast and snacks for 3 nights just in case. Weather forecasts are kind of all over the place this time. Ugh

Diane Sue glad you were able to set up an appointment with the doctor. Hopefully, you'll get things resolved as soon as possible. So much pain isn't just hard physically it's hard mentally, too.

Carolyn great job with Cardio Quick Fix!

Valerie sounds like you did pick the better travel day. Around here, every day of the year and every hour of the day, I watch for deer. While they are supposed to be most active at dawn and dusk, they don't read the manual. Great job with the spin and core. Hope your appointment helps you find something that works. Good idea to take you DH along.

Cathy pick your time carefully. Takes only one bad driver going too fast for conditions to mess it up for everyone in the area . Good plan to allow for a lot of extra time just in case. We always carry a puffy jacket hat boots sleeping bag and shovel, along with snack food and water. Stuff sacked and out of the way but really comforting if you get stuck out on the highway somewhere between exits because someone crashed and you don’t want to idle the car to stay warm and then run out of gas.
Good for you being diligent with deer watch. they still do silly deer things and run out of the trees when you least expect it. night driving is especially treacherous.

I did another 40 min spin, therapy, sit ups, push ups and most of stacked upper body. shortened it a little.

I tried to take DH with me on the first appt but the office has a "patient only" policy. this time I talked to someone "past" the front desk and OK to have him along. the orthopod we will see is an old colleague of his. I've seen him before. I tried to see 3 weeks ago but the front desk side tracked me, and I wasn't sure this doc was still working or had retired. no matter what, I never "get" all of it, whereas two docs can talk and I can follow it but can't repeat it back verbatim. my fault, didn't attend medical school.

Last edited:
Today I did RWH Legs, 40 minutes and 224 calories burned. My average heart rate was 121 and maximum heart rate was 255. Daughter and family left early this morning and the house is very quiet and still. Now I’m working on getting things cleared and doing a lot of laundry.

Cathy, I do hope that your drive is good and that you got ahead of the snow. Be safe on your return trip.

Valerie, it’s always good to have a second set of ears at a doctor’s appointment.

Hello to Judy and Diane Sue.

We ended up leaving 45 minutes earlier than I'd originally planned and stayed ahead of the snow in the lower peninsula. We ran into light snow a little over an hour out, but the road was just wet. Actually made really good time, since I wanted to get up here before the snow, but it turned out to be nothing significant. Downstate has some accumulation. I'll check the forecast in the morning before I decide what I'm doing tomorrow. The weather apps are very conflicting. I can always go part way back. I did bring loop, cloth and stretch, with me, and if I move the chairs I'll have room to workout in the morning if I want. Meeting back up with Derek in about an hour. Ordered Italian and we'll come eat in my room. No one but students allowed in dorms during breaks. Then we are off to the hockey game. Indoors on campus masks are required, but he said the students are the best at following that. Apparently in class they are compliant, but it's likely just enforced more. We aren't near the student section though.

Valerie great job with the spin workout, along with abs and the other things. I'm sure taking a doctor DH with you is very helpful.

Carolyn great job with RWH legs. I'm sure it is far quieter with your daughter and her family gone. Will they be back for Christmas?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.