Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 10/17

Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics Intermediate #156, 52 minutes, 304 calories, heart rate 140/172, 4,617 steps. I do not swing my arms around with the step workouts, but Chris has a lot of different footwork and it makes it fun. I had previewed CDorner Total Butt and Legs no squats, lunges, or jumping and did the first part that was warm up and all standing band work plus some superman moves which I did with my arms down at my side rather than extended. I stopped here as that is when she starts doing deadlifts and moved forward to some bridge work. The weight work is not too long and she goes to some floorwork and abs. What I did was 17 minutes, 64 calories, heart rate 110/157,659 steps. I guess she is having problems with a knee and designed the workout around that. She said she was going to see a doctor, but knew it was not something serious, but being careful. She used the light fabric band. The step workout was fun with fun music choices and she had several others working out with her by a pool.
Total time was 69 minutes, 368 calories, 5,276 steps.
I have an appointment with my arthritis doctor on the first. He may want to do another mri as he mentioned this when he gave me the steroid injection 3 months ago. I looked at the results on the mri two years ago and it said humeral head and glenoid showed erosions with marrow edema and synovitis. So, I feel it is something similar as it hurt terribly that time too. I think it is worse this time though and last time the steroid helped for almost 2 years.

Cathy, I am glad to hear that your back is feeling better. A walk sounds like a good idea. I always do better if I get dinner started earlier in the day. When evening comes I look at veggies and things I would have to cut up and opt for something simple or just have fruit and a protein bowl with cashew yogurt. My husband I usually eat different things, so after I cook his, I am not wanting to cook two things. We both ate salmon today though. He had blackeye peas and I had Kale and broccoli salad with a honey mustard avocado oil dressing. I hate when the power goes out and I have to get everything up and running. I have been getting late starts a lot lately myself.

Judy, nice workouts. I saw that Cathe was going to announce her next workout series. I will be interested in seeing what they will contain.

Carolyn, I think the pain is the arthritis. From what the mri said 2 years ago, that is all I can think of. I have been dragging out of bed late most days lately. It takes me awhile to get loosened up and want to do a workout lately. Nice work with RWH legs today.

Valerie, sorry that you are having mouse problems. That is so nice that you have found a couple that have similar likes and you can enjoy company with. Going downhill with the rocks seems rough. You got a good long ride in.

Today I did part of IMAX 2, intervals 1-5, 6, and 10. This is a fun workout for me and I love interval 10 with the pina colada song. My time was 44 minutes and 318 calories burned. Average heart rate was 133 and maximum heart rate was 163.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner Step Aerobics Intermediate. I’m sorry for the pain that you are having to go through.

Hello to Valerie, Cathy, and Judy.

Did another hike today, this one with a fair amount of elevation gain. like 2000 feet. started out at 6500 and ended up over 8000. I am whipped. I misplaced my watch so used the iphone and it worked nicely to time the hike and also to check elevation. part of the compass thing, and it worked great. 5 hours up and back down. i am tired!. that's enough exercise for a while, will do critter watching tomorrow and sunday or something less arduous. the mouse control guy is supposed to get with us tomorrow so will see if we hear from him.

Well no workouts the last two days. Yesterday was planned as I shopped, but today wasn't. Two nights ago, I didn't fall asleep until 1:30 and then got up at 6:30 and then last night I fell asleep and woke up at 12:30 feeling totally wide awake! Didn't fall back to sleep for over 2 hours and then got up at 6. Really hoping to sleep tonight and get back on track tomorrow. DH has had continued issues with his computer equipment since that little power blip and spent quite a bit of time today on the phone with the tech guy. He could use his newer laptop that he normally doesn't use, but the majority of his files are on his other one. He's now partially back up, but apparently needs a new cord and will have to go to the office at some point to get one. Needless to say he was pretty grumpy.

Valerie great that you got in a hike and ride. Ride does sound challenging! I've experience that whole thinking something is fairly flat in a car and then discovering it isn't. That's so great that you have another couple that close to do things with. Do they live their full time, or have another place, too?

Carolyn great job with Lift It Hit It Legs!

Today I did Jessica Smith Walk On: Dance Walk workout 2, 33 minutes, 191 calories, 137/174 heart rate. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Glute Finisher standing portion, 11 minutes, 64 calories, heart rate 143/161, then I did Boss Loops glutes and core warm up, standing work, and stretch, 26 minutes, 135 calories, heart rate 132/163. Total time was 70 minutes, 390 calories. I also did some rolling and stretching as well.

tee hee... cathy it's a phenomenon that's happened to us a thousand times and I'm still surprised. we are so used driving in vehicles that we lose all perception of what is uphill and downhill if it's gradual. I hadn't used the altimeter on the phone before. turned it on while driving the road toward the trailhead. elevation gradually increased by at least 800 feet over a few miles, 3-4 or so. this is not "steep" but riding a bike, powering yourself and the bike forward, you will most definitely notice it. sometimes it seems easier to crank up a short steep hill than it is to grind up a long gradual one. the trail we hiked is supposedly open to mountain bikes but would be quite a challenge. its the far opposite end of a trail we ride often but the other end is much more gradual. the trail goes up and over a ridge and is open to horses, hiking and mt bikes year round. also open to ATVs for a few months a year. just because its officially open to mt bikes does not mean its necessarily a good usable trail. you would have to be a monster rider to do the whole thing..... and then your car would be parked far away since different roads go to each end. we usually ride "out and back" routes so we don't end up with that problem.

our neighbors live here full time. they are originally from the northeast but have been in MT a long time.

Today I did LiTE Metabolic Blast for 40 minutes and 222 calories burned. My average heart rate was 122 and maximum heart rate was 152.

I had some of those recalled onions from Prosource that I had to throw out yesterday. When I went to the farmer’s market today I got some locally grown onions! My favorite farmer sells cut and bagged salads with homemade dressing. They make up quite a few vegan and vegetable salads and other dishes that people love. Today I picked up some of the kale salad and made my own dressing. It was a nice change for lunch. Some people come weekly just to get the prepared food.

Valerie, you have been getting in a lot of tough outdoor exercise. You have certainly earned a rest day.

Cathy, I’m sorry that you haven’t been getting enough sleep. I hope that you feel more like yourself today.

Hello to Diane Sue and Judy.

Woke up at 3:30 and then ignored my alarm and slept till almost 8. I did get in Live Upper Body on the ball though. My upper body was like WHY are you making us do that, and I had to drop down in weights from what I'd normally use for those exercises. I'd never done it before. Nick is thinking about walking to and from the football game tonight, and I swear he does these things just to stress me out! He's a fast half hour walk from TCU and it'll be after 10:00. Ugh I sent him some free option parking so he's considering them. He's been walking to class lately as the temps have been more reasonable (not 95-100) and decided he likes doing that. Made my motel reservations for the up and back at Thanksgiving, and getting him for Christmas break. I remembered last night the last one is also graduation weekend and rooms can be hard to come by. I also told Derek that weather permitting we'll go to Fort Worth over Thanksgiving next year. So many weather zones to cross.

Carolyn great job with LITE Metabolic Blast! I need to work on a November rotation and I'm thinking of doing a couple metabolic workouts each week.

Diane Sue great job with a really great combo of workouts!

Today I did CDorner step workout from today #157 which froze halfway through(wasted time trying to get it to start up again) then did her #156 that I did a couple of days ago forwarding past the warm up and first part so Step together was 65 minutes, heart rate 137/175, 370 calories, 5,552 steps. I also did Step Boss Chair Stretch, 16 minutes, 29 calories. Total time was 81minutes, 399 calories, 5,552 steps.

Carolyn, nice choices on the intervals with I Max 2. Isn't interval 9 that killer one that I am usually wondering when it will end? Love interval 10. I Max 2 has always been a favorite. The farmers market would be a great place to pick up those prepared salads. I bought two bagged salads with the cranberries and pecans from Walmart when family was here last Sunday. I loathe their packaged dressing. It is so sweet. I either make a honey mustard or lemon poppy seed homemade or if bottled I use Primal Kitchen honey mustard which is called a marinade. It seems like those salad mixes used to have more kale in them and now they are more cabbage and shredded chunks of broccoli stems. Not as appealing. I have been getting some local organic kale from Whole Foods called scissor tail. Same as our park downtown etc.. I like it except it is really dry. Hard to explain. But sort of dull and not moist. It is great once dressing is added though.

Valerie, that was quite a climb yesterday. I hope you get help with the mouse problem today.

Cathy, computers can be quite stressful when they are not working properly. So are cell phones. I sat up till 1 am a couple of nights ago trying to get rid of a virus. I finally think I got it cleared out. I ran antivirus on it. It is irritating that we pay for call protect plus and lookout and all of that for our phones and they do not really cover everything and wanted me to pay for more security plus monthly. I put PC matic on the phone since I have it and ran it. Thought it was gone for a few days and then it came back. Deleted some apps. It is an adware thing. I finally got the files deleted off the internet data and downloads that I went through. I cleared out a lot of stuff and trackers. It seems okay now.
I remember my husband going through that with files for work. His laptop was acting up and jumping all over and we got him a new one. It was a lot of headache for him intermittently being able to get stuff off the old laptop. He keeps things on an external, but not all of it was on his external files.
Any idea why you can't sleep? I know how it is, I do that enough. Mostly it is pain or allergies. But, sometimes just plain anxiety that keeps me wide awake. I will fall asleep for an hour, sometimes just 15 minutes and wake up and cannot stop worrying about things I have no control over or probably not going to happen how I am thinking worst case. I am glad that you got some sleep last night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.