Pentagenarians & beyond: W/B 10/14

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning,

Yesterday was our anniversary. We had a very nice dinner out.

Valerie, earplugs are a good idea to eliminate noises that keep you awake. Good thing you live where you do, as ther is no way you could not have the furnace on in the winter if you lived here. What about in Montana? Will you be able to sleep with the furnace on there if you are there in the winter? I aso find that some noises even, very small will keep me awake. Yes, they say that the numbers on a digital clock can bother sleep for some. I try not to look at ours.

Carolyn, hope your meeting went well, and agree, it's always nicer to ride with someone, especially if you are unsure of where you are going.

Diane Sue, that KCM sounds good. I wonder what the gunshot was? I did the 2 minute relax mode on the FitBit watch and it is basically what that device is, except you don't have to really look at anything, it buzzes whwn you should take a deep breath. I would like to see if it can be extended fro 2 minutes to something longer.

Judy, did you sign up for KCM streaming? I have done the free ones that she originally posted on YouTube and enjoyed them a lot.

Hi to Lori,

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Good morning ladies!

Been a busy week at work. Come home and I am tired. Great workouts for me this week though. I did a couple raw workouts and a SanFran Bounce. This bounce is the 50 min one that I love. I use hand weights and ankle weights and got a complete workout. My arms are always exhausted after this bounce. I stayed with SB’s rotation too. I am on day 6 and it is a stretch day!I Chelsie was sick a few days so we needed to pause our double time workouts. We are starting up again tomorrow.

Oh all our sleep problems! I usually sleep pretty good. Comes in phases when I don’t and boy how it messes with you! I saw I think on Amazon, Bose has wireless earbuds that are for sleeping. Plays specific sounds that helps you to sleep. Pretty sure they were Bose. Not sure how I would feel about eadbuds while sleeping. Would be afraid I would not hear something I should!

Diane Sue...great job with Kelly’s new raw with vest. I have a vest but it is only 10lbs and sits more on my shoulders/chest. I too would love to have the one she has. Makes sense to have the weight more at your core.

Deb...glad your floors are done. Bet they look amazining. When we redid our kitchen counters/cabinets a few years ago it was a nighmare for a couple of weeks. The animals were all confused. :)

Judy...I like the new watch, but will hold off for a while. My husband upgraded my watch on Mothers day to the 3 with cell service and I am surprised I love having the cell on my watch. At first I thought no way would I use that feature yet I love it. I think he would kill me if I upgraded so soon!

Valerie...I am that way sometimes with workouts. Usually, the 2nd time is when I decide If I like it. Great ride. Have a great week in MT.

Carolyn...I have noticed the decrease in this forum also. I too am grateful for our group.

We switched all of GiGi’s food and she seems to be enjoying it and adjusting well. I did buy some Blue dental treats and she likes these too. I think Diane Sue recommended Blue. Started reading the book you recommended Deb too. So much to absorb!

Chelsie and I and GiGi had a girls day yesterday. My husband was away for a few days. We had lunch at a local brewery in town that converted a portion of their brewery into a fun place to grab a bite to eat. Pets are welcome too! We then came back and watched both Mama Mia’s in the movie room. Was a fun day for the 3 of us! :)

Below is a picture of GiGi ready for girls night!

Attachments

• 1FB0456C-D4C5-4060-BD5B-045750E42457.jpeg
    1FB0456C-D4C5-4060-BD5B-045750E42457.jpeg
    480.8 KB · Views: 8
Deb-Happy Anniversary! I did sign up for KCM's streaming. I cancelled because I wasn't using it, but then she did the $6.99 a month for summer offer and I resubscribed after that.

Lori-that photo of Gigi is so adorable! The girls day sounds like so much fun! Nice that you could take GiGi too. I don't blame you for not upgrading so soon. I'm torn about upgrading too, since my watch is working fine.

I slept late and really need to go shower for church.

Deb, yes that is the correct Dr Axe product . His stuff all says Ancient Nutrition on it. Happy anniversary.

Lori, that is such an adorable picture of Gigi.

Last edited:
Hello Ladies,
Today is a rest day for me. Sunday is my preferred rest day, but sometimes I will do a light workout. That didn’t happen this morning :).

Deb, happy anniversary! Your husband’s birthday and your wedding anniversary are close together. It’s the same with my husband’s birthday and our anniversary.

Lori, your girl’s night sounds like fun. Gigi is so cute in that picture.

Judy, I am also interested in the cardiac data available on the Apple Watch. I’m not ready to splurge just yet. Do you use several different fitness devices?

Diane Sue, I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday.

Safe travels to Valerie.

Reactions: WD
Carolyn-yes, I tend to use several devices. I've always been into using heart rate monitors and training watches and I started using Garmins when the GPS watches became popular. Right now I wear an Apple Watch and a Fitbit Charge most of the time. I prefer Garmin's workout software so I usually use a Garmin for exercise instead of the Apple Watch. Apple doesn't let you export exercise data to other platforms the way Garmin and Polar do, but I love everything else about the watch.

I use several different methods of coming to my stats. I used to wear the Polar watch and the Fit Bit at the same time. Sometimes I wondered though if they would conflict with each other. I much prefer the Polar App, but it does not work with my Fit Bit. It has lots of fitness choices. I really liked the Polar Bluetooth heart rate monitor with the app, but it was always going haywire. I would lose my heart rate or it would go way over 200 hundred, as much as 228. That have a newer one and I have wondered how that would work. I don't really feel too excited about wearing that strap though. So, I just adjust with apps and the Fit Bit. Map My Fitness does a pretty good job most of the time. I really would like to get a the Versa Fit Bit. Apps do make a difference to me. I could also hook the Fit Bit to my net diary, but it is 3.33 a month. So, I don't do that one either.

Carolyn, I sometimes do a workout on Sunday even though it is my rest day just because I have a busy week ahead and might need to cut back or miss a day.

Judy, I have heard good things about the Garmin watches. My husband has a Samsung Gear 2, but never uses it for fitness tracking. I have wondered how it would work. I think he sees his steps, but pays very little attention.

Good morning,

Only PT exercises yesterday. They added 2 more so now a total of 5 different ones to do.

Judy, I had thought that you had the KCM streaming. When do you start your new rotation?

Diane Sue, thanks, I will order some. I hope I like the taste. What is your fvorit way to use it? I assume you always use at night?

Carolyn, You have a FitBit or Polar device now right?

Hi to Valerie and Lori

Take care

Deb-I'm planning on starting it Monday 10/29. I'll be able to do 3 weeks then I'll take a week off for Thanksgiving since we will be travelling. I want to do the RIPPED WITH HiiT & XTRAIN (+CrossFire & To The Max) rotation from the RWH user guide.

Quick check in and I will come back in a bit. I need to shower as the roofers are coming this morning :D
I did Fit Split Cardio Shred timesaver #1 cardio only, 29 minutes, 198 calories, heart rate average 140, max 179, met 6.2, 198 calories, 2,661 steps.

Gigi is adorable! (do you think she knows how cute she is?? )

we did the whole drive yesterday. 10 hrs and 45 min. UGH. its pretty cold here, 20's and 30's at night. not sure how warm days will be. we skipped the bikes this time and will be hiking only. our guests come Friday and won't be doing more than hiking. its been cold and there is snow scattered snow. a little bit of snow tends to blow around and accumulate in a few places while everything else is snow free. probably will just adapt to elevation and walk around here today, its a totally different season than a month ago.

Deb, we usually turn the heat off at night. always at our main house, and so far here too. I am a very warm sleeper, get too warm at night. this furnace is quieter. if its really cold.... like 0... we might need to run it but we haven't been here during very cold weather yet. we warm things up when we get here , 60 is warm to me, and then shut things down when we go to bed. the builder did a fantastic job with insulation and sealing things. when not here, we keep the temp set at 53 and it costs almost nothing to heat all winter. congrats on your anniversary. how many years is it?

I have slacked off on monitoring with devices. I have several old Polar chest straps that still work, and I got a newer one from niece's husband but the watch is so huge I hardly use it. too cumbersome. I am OK recording time and what activity on a paper calendar. my regular watch does that and is 1/4 the size with fewer buttons to get snagged on everything. .

Today I did Cardio Supersets for 43 minutes and 271 calories burned. My average heart rate was 124 and maximum heart rate was 150. I didn’t use the gliding discs for lunges and jacks. I did them on the floor instead so as not to aggravate my knee.

Judy, I wore my Polar and Fitbit when working out for a while, but now I only use the Fitbit. It was easier that way although there are some features that I thought were better on the Polar.

Diane Sue, great job with Fit Split Cardio Shred. That’s great that the roofers are there today. I hope the rain allows them to get the job done. The Fitbit Versa looks good. I have been comparing it with the Apple Watch and deciding which seems best for my purposes.

Deb, your PT exercises seem to be getting more demanding. It’s good that you are sticking with them. I have a Fitbit Charge 2.

Valerie, glad that you made it safely. Enjoy your walk today as you adjust to the elevation.

Hello to Lori.

Well, I am sitting here waiting and they have not came and it is 11 o'clock.

Deb, so far I have mainly drank the Multi Collagen sleep mixed in tea. It is sweet though which I really wish it was not. Last night I mixed it with some almond milk from a carton. I want to get some decaf Earl Grey tea because it has a bergamot sort of flavor like Earl Grey. I think it would blend nicely with it. I have some Lady Grey tea but it is not decaffeinated which would negate the potential to aid sleep. I have been using a stress reducer herbal tea with it which is only so so since the tea is a bit sweet. Maybe I should just try plain decaf tea that I have. Mixed in water is pretty good when I mix in cold water. I have to use my milk frother in a bit of it and water to not have some clumps. It doesn't dissolve so well for me as the collagen powder alone seems to. Better in a hot beverage plus I think it is probably more relaxing that way.
More PT exercises means more time consumption. Do they seem to be helping?

Judy, you reminded me how much I like Two the Max and Crossfire. I need to pull them out. I have been refreshing my memory on the Fit Split cardios. So much jumping on Cardio Shred without the modifiers. Something I only hit once in awhile. It did not seem as hard to me today. Probably because my knees have been pretty good since doing Kelly's workouts as my main workouts and not so much high impact stuff.

Valerie, that is pretty cold. It was 37`here last night which is cold for this time of year in Oklahoma City area. I still have not turned on the heat. Just wearing a hoodie around or sweaters. I added blankets to the bed. I think it will warm back up for awhile. We have had a few winters here where we actually had some early snow. Most of that comes in January and February. We just get ice. I don't enjoy the cold at all myself. I just don't want to get the heater going. It dries out the sinuses and it seems we get sick easier. As it is my husband is fighting a cold virus this weekend. I have been feeding him vitamin C and Zinc tablets.
That is a long drive to do all at once.

Carolyn, good idea to skip using the gliding discs. I don't know why they have to be so tough on the knees. I would have thought because we were not jumping and having the impact they would be the better option. It is tough remembering to not get carried away with the movement when using them. I wish Polar would get it together. My problem with them is they are slow to deal with and their help is usually not that helpful. They told me one of the last times that the strap needs replaced something like every 6 months. like it is some disposable item or something. I got tired of buying batteries and changing straps and still having the same problem. It would work great for a few workouts and then go back to doing the same thing. The only watch that worked from Polar was my F7 and F11 and both of those quit and they do not sell anymore. Both of those had to be sent in to change the battery, so that was costly.

Diane Sue, I agree about the Polar. I was frustrated when the strap would stop measuring heart rate in the middle of a workout. That and the battery issue is what motivated me to switch.

The roofers came out measured this afternoon (again) and left the ladder saying they will be back tomorrow, again saying at 10 in the morning. I will need to get to the workout early so I can do more.

Good mornin
Only PT exercises yesterday.

Judy, Ripped w/xTrain is a tough rotation. :)

Valerie, that's a long time in the car, even with bathroom breaks! It is 34 years for us. Seems like yesterday. :)

Carolyn, good idea not to use the sliding disks. I think they can be pretty dangerous, even if you are extra careful. We have the same FitBit.

Diane Sue, I hope the roofers showed up today. I ordered the collagen. I will try it with chamomile tea after dinner. Glad it is getting colder. It is hard for me to drink hot beverages when it is in the 80's. Not sure if the PT exercises are helping. I still have pain, especially at night. I have had to take ibuprofen the last few nights, it was keepin me awake.

Hi to Lori

Take Care,

Today I did Slow and Heavy Chest and Back. That was 71 minutes and 242 calories burned. My average heart rate was 104 and maximum heart rate was 143. I never think about the Slow and Heavy series unless it comes up in a rotation like the October rotation, but it’s a good one.

Deb, I think that it takes a while to feel the benefits of physical therapy. With PT for my shoulder I had slow increases in my range of motion, but still had some pain.

Hello to everyone and have a great day.

Today I got an early start again and got more done. The roofers are out here. It was sprinkling this morning and we do have chance for rain till 1. I just know they said if they seal it and it is wet it may not hold the seal. Hopefully it is dry enough since it did not rain yesterday.
I started with Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and Tubing using 3# dumbbells for the boxing and my 20# b-lines tubing from Beach Body. This was 45 minutes (time for writing and letting the dog in actual 40 minutes) met 5.1, 253 calories, 122 average heart rate, 150 max heart rate, 1966 steps. I then did Raw Intervals #3 using 5,8, 15, and 12# dumbbells, (Kelly uses 10's and 3's and it suggests 7 and 15#) , 27 minutes, average heart rate 122, max 150, met 5.8, 173 calories, 1910 steps. I showered and decided to go back and do the Raw Large muscle finisher (I really didn't think they would come for the roof) It took me 25 minutes, but is 21 minutes because I had stops cause of the workers. I burned 128 calories for this workout.
Total time was 97 minutes calories burned 554 I won't put up Intervals 3 here right now. I like it because everything is standing upper body moves and the lower is really in the cardio moves.
Boxing and Tubing 40 minutes 3# dumbbells and tubing with handles (maybe could use a loop band on the leg work JMO)
w/ up boxing and twists 4 minutes
boxing with weights
tubing biceps curls alternating then double arms
boxing crosses weights
tubing side to side steps standing on tubing
boxing hooks weights
tubing shoulders lateral raise all the way up alternating
boxing upper cuts weights, tempo then alternating quick
tubing standing chest press 2 sets followed by water break
tubing legs side to side steps same as before 2 sets
boxing jab cross weights 2 nd set tempo
tubing 2 sets back squeeze
boxing hook upper cut, jab cross weights
tubing lateral leg raises
abs crunch, leg in crunch, double leg lifts, split leg lifts
RAW LARGE MUSCLE FINISHER 21 minutes (my weights)
squat 25# dbs
lunge 15# dbs
bench press with pulse push 15# dbs
flys pinky in 15# dbs
Rows 30 # db single arm
Pullover 30# db (Kelly misses the 2nd round and adds alternating rows at the end of the third round)
Repeat for 3 rounds total

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.