Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 1/28/2024

Friday was a rest day. Yesterday (Saturday) I did a 40 minute Peloton ride before working a 5 hour shift at HD. I haven't worked in over 2 weeks. The store is very slow right now and it was hard to find things to do to stay busy.

Valerie-Great job with the spin, therapy work and walking.

Carolyn-Great job with P30 Low Impact HiiT. I hope your weather is better today.

Diane Sue-I'm sorry about your knees. Great job with CDorner Fat Blasting Cardio mix, Raw Back and Raw Stretch.

Cathy-Great job with Live Cardio Challenge Express and STS Disk 18. The Cardio Express one sounds like one I might want to try. I'm glad you were able to get your car issue resolved.

Good morning. Today I did Jane Adams Gentle Yoga, the morning energy practice, which was 18 minutes.

Judy, thanks for starting us off this week. Nice job with doing a 40 minute Peloton ride before working at HD. Our weather is better and the rain is over. Now it’s back to more seasonal temperatures.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner Fat Blasting cardio mix, Raw Back, and Raw stretch. That mobility move that you described would be hard on my knees. Hopefully you are better today.

Hello to Cathy and Valerie.

No workout today. Spent hours in the ER with DH yesterday with extreme pain that turned out to be a kidney stone. They got the pain under control finally and prescribed him some meds. So far the pain hasn't returned, but hopefully when it does those will help. I might have worked out, except right after I went to bed, DH came to tell me that Tux had brought something in. Didn't make it farther than the shoe rack by the pet door, and fortuitously decided to hide in my shoe. Easiest chipmunk removal ever. Put it in the garage, facing it out with the door cracked and it was gone this morning. It was very tightly lodged and refused to budge when I tapped it to try and get it out. By the time I dealt with the chipmunk, I was awake again. Then when I tried to go to bed again just before midnight, Tux plopped his wet self down on my pillow and proceeded to wash himself and purr. I finally fell asleep a little before 1 and woke up at 6. Since I didn't know if DH would have more issues, and I wasn't exactly feeling rested, I just got dressed for the day.

Carolyn great job with the yoga.

Judy nice job with the Peloton ride.

Valerie great that you got in a good length walk and your therapy. I wasn't concerned about the check engine light because they told me it would come on and stay on for about 50 miles, which it did. It was the other lights that through me. I still don't understand why having an engine service would set off my traction and "you're going to hit something" lights. But good to now that yes, my car will jerk to a stop. Just not the thing if you are actually driving with no one around you! Glad you got the gift card straightened out. Such a pain.

Diane Sue nice job with CDorner Fat Blasting Cardio, Raw Back and stretch. Glad your knees were doing better.

Today is my usual rest day. The sun is shining, and I feel really good today and no knee pain :D. 56 degrees outside right now and it makes me happy :D.

Judy, nice work on yesterday's 40 minute Peloton ride. I am sure as spring is closer Home Depot will be busy and you will get more work time.

Carolyn, nice work on the morning energy yoga workout today.

Cathy, you had a busy night. I hope you husband gets through this without a lot of pain. Nice that the chipmunk hid in the shoe for you and you were able to get it back outside easily. Tux is a riot.

Today I worked a 4 hour shift in the morning and did Live #70, Strong Upper Body Express this afternoon.

Carolyn-Great job with Jane Adams Gentle Yoga. I'm glad your weather is better today.

Cathy- You definitely had a busy night. I'm sorry about your husband needing to go to the ER. I hope he doesn't have to deal with a lot more pain. Kidney stones are rough. Chris had one several years ago.

Diane Sue-I hope you are enjoying your rest day. That's great that your knee pain is gone. We haven't had much sun recently, hopefully we will see some later this week.

Hi to Valerie

we rode around our home neighborhood area today for 40 minutes. therapy takes me a good hour to do and I add in a lot of curls and hammer curls, adds another 15 minutes. most moves aren't hard but holding them for 30 seconds the time really adds up. not raining right now and tomorrow looks less also so might do a different park walk for about 2 hours. will see what weather looks like.

cathy that sounds like a tough night on all fronts. kidney stones are tough so maybe he will do what's needed to avoid more of them. more water, maybe some diet adjustments. we used to collect the stones and analyze them in the lab but I'm not sure that gets done anymore. used to have people pee thru a fine strainer and collect the stone. amazing something so small can cause so much pain.
wise of you not to stick your hand into the shoe to dislodge the chippie. might have turned out badly for everyone!

Today I did STS 2.0 Supersets Total Body. I did the premix with 2 sets for each group of exercises. My time was 54 minutes with 169 calories burned. Average heart rate was 109 and maximum heart rate was 139.

Cathy, how awful for your husband to have such pain during the night. I hope that the pain has subsided.

Diane Sue, I hope that you enjoyed your rest day. Sunshine after days of dreary weather makes it even better.

Judy, great job with Live Strong Upper Body express.

Valerie, nice job with riding around your neighborhood area and doing the therapy exercises.

Have a good day everyone.

park walk done, different park. thi is a longer drive and a tougher walk. its got steep sections and is rough compared to what I've been doing until now. all ok. 2 hrs and 20 min with some stops to look for porpoises whales and birds. we saw kinda/sorta porpoises far off. binoculars but not close enough to really see at all. a little brief sunshine this morning, but 60-65 degrees. didn't need a jacket.

Today was one of those days that everything ends up in a mess. I did not sleep well and got up and sat in the recliner thinking I could go back to sleep. My husband's phone starts getting messages and there was so many that my dog got up and went to another room. I gave up trying to sleep as I had a Walmart order coming and someone to spray the yard. I got in Raw Lift with Cardio Acceleration 31 minutes, 121 calories, heart rate 110/143. I had plans to do Raw Chest that I missed last week and then a good stretch. The groceries arrived and half of the stuff was missing. So, I had to get out my computer and they had me check each item that was missing and gave me a refund. I saw the refund on my email and they only refunded for 1 item of each that I checked when I had ordered more than one, like kombucha tea, ground beef etc.. So I had to do an online chat and it is so difficult to explain the problem and get them to get it right. The woman refunded the extra items and I asked her if the refund they already gave me was still there. (if not it would have been incorrect) She checked and seemed to understand and gave me a refund for the stuff already refunded and the refund for missed refund. Seriously!! This is always a pain to get through. I checked the bank later and the original refund was still in the bank plus the new one. Plus one for my Siete grain free taco shells that they put in a bag with canned stuff. They were broke up and I am tired of just dumping the crumbs on top of filling.
The day gets worse when I get the mail and Medicare decided to take my part D out of my social security when they had sent me a letter a month ago and said they were no longer taking it out. So, I paid for next month myself and now they are taking out the money after all and gave me a new amount after taking it out :rolleyes: I have already been dealing with other insurance changes that are still not worked out. I reordered the missing groceries and got them tonight plus a bag of Siete Lime grain free chips and am probably going to be chastising myself for sitting here stuffing my face with chips.
Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Judy, nice work on Lice #70 Upper Body Express yesterday.

Valerie, physical therapy moves do seem to take a long time. It sounds like you are progressing well. Good work on getting in a 40 minute ride around the neighborhood. Hopefully the weather is good for you tomorrow. It was nice outside here today. Unfortunately Friday and Saturday it is raining.

Carolyn, nice work on STS 2 Supersets Total Body.

Geez I see I missed yesterday again. I did my Finished Step workout and STS 2 Standing Metabolic Abs before breakfast and then STS Disk 19 after breakfast yesterday. DH's kidney stone decided to move some more during the night. Calmed down after that and he's working today. Easier to do when you just walk into the living room and sit down to work. I opted to just do yoga upstairs this morning. Which was fine except Tux came in wet and with burrs, he spent a few minutes wandering around me, getting ME wet and then left leaving behind little pieces of burr. After that I had to clean my mat. Woke up to more than inch less than 2" of snow. I think it's done now.

Diane Sue glad your knee is better. Nick had to share that they were 73 yesterday. I would love to find someone near by that thinks Tux is a riot. They could take him and experience him first hand. Sorry you have so many issues with your grocery orders. DH has been dealing with insurance companies over the things he's been having done. First trip to ER in the ambulance, when I took his info to the desk, she said they already had his insurance in the system. Made sense since his doctor is in their network, but no they didn't bill the insurance company and he got the bill. He thinks he's gotten that straightened out. We'll see. Great that you were able to get in Raw Lift with Cardio Acceleration despite your bad night.

Valerie that's great that you got in a harder, long walk and the ride the day before. DH is trying to drink more water, but he's never been much for drinking it.

Carolyn great job with STS 2.0 Supersets Total Body.

Judy nice job with Live #70, Strong Upper Body Express.

I think tux is a riot but Im far enough away I know you cant drop him on my driveway! so its safe to say that. we have stopped looking for a kitty right now due to travel soon. not a good plan to get a new pet and immediately stick him in a carrier for a very long drive. I would go ahead but DH is being balky. we want to go to MT soon, and then have a trip to the southwest canyon country planned for april. I have to be in decent shape by then.
cathy there are people who are "stone formers" due to their individual metabolism, diet, and hydration levels. he will likely get more stones unless he does something about it, like drinking more water, eating less meat in general. diets are tricky though and plenty of things can be a problem.. he needs to learn about why he got the stone, and how to prevent more. unless he enjoyed the process. his primary care doc would be best for advice. from what you've said, he probably will resist changing anything.

diane sue you have so much trouble with your grocery orders and deliveries. why don't you go to the store yourself and pick what you want? it seems like it would be so much easier! now this is coming from someone who doesnt mind grocery shopping and actually enjoyed it after being locked down in the house. we order plenty of things from amazon so I 'get' the convenience, but it seems like an ongoing trouble area.

No workout today. My husband had a dental appointment this morning.

Valerie, great job with the longer and harder walk.

Diane Sue, nice job getting in any workout with so much going on. I ordered groceries on line for a while during the pandemic, but I quickly learned that it wasn’t my first choice. I order speciality foods regularly, but not groceries. I order salmon, heirloom beans, grass fed and finished bison, and some things from Amazon that I have trouble finding locally. Like Valerie, I don’t mind grocery shopping most times.

Cathy, nice job with your finished step workout and Standing Metabolic Abs.

Waving hello to Judy.

we carefully rode the tree farm this morning. its WAY harder than pavement. I'm glad I did it but that's as much as I can do. the bumpy downhills make me aware of my back. it doesnt hurt but I went more slowly and feel that will be the extent of riding for a while. Going uphill was fine but bouncing downhill was not as good. I slowed down to minimize it. I can do, but nothing rougher. I skipped a couple trickier areas and walked the bike. about an hour and 20 minutes total. its a very rocky bumpy ride with gravel roads.

Carolyn that's how I do it, specialty products thru amazon or other mail order. for regular groceries it's way less fuss than order/delivery. even when I was fresh out of surgery and DH went alone, I felt uncomfortable. (think I have a control issue???) store is 5-7 miles away.. I shopped in person right thru the pandemic. I can go when I want and avoid rushed times. Saturday morning is one of the best times to avoid crowds here. surprising as it used to be the absolute busiest time. .

Last edited:
Yesterday I did 50 minutes of Peloton rides and 20 minutes of rowing. Today I did a 45 minute Arms & Intervals ride, 20 minutes of Peloton Strength and 10 minutes of Restorative Yoga. I’m trying to get to 150 Peloton bike miles for January so I’ve been doing more rides. I should make it if I get a 45-60 minute ride in tomorrow.

Valerie-Great job with the rides, therapy work, weights and walking.

Carolyn-Great job with STS 2.0 Supersets Total Body. I order some specialty items from Amazon too but I also like grocery shopping most of the time. I did order groceries online more during the worst part of the pandemic.

Diane Sue-Great job with Raw Lift with Cardio Acceleration. I’m sorry about the issues you had with your grocery order. I had the same thing happen with a supplement order a few weeks ago. It was very frustrating to try and get it resolved using the chat support. I ended up having to file a paypal dispute to get them to make it right.

Cathy-Great job with your Finished Step workout, STS 2 Standing Metabolic Abs and STS Disk 19. We ended up with over 5 inches of snow today.

Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics #354 80's/90's music, 29 minutes, 151 calories, 2,735 stepd. I then did Raw Timesaver Intervals tbts, 12 minutes, 70 calories, heart rate 136/153 heart rate 836 steps. I used 5# dumbbells and the double risers Kelly used. I finished with CDorner Full Body Relaxing Stretch, skipping the 10 minutes of just lying with feet on the chair relax. This was 27 minutes, 49 calories. It was a good deep stretch. She said don't do with cold muscles. Total time was 68 minutes, 270 calories. I finally got a good night sleep and slept 8 hours.

Cathy, nice work on yesterday's finished cardio workout and STS standing metabolic abs before breakfast and STS disc 19. I am trying to figure out insurance stuff. They sent out a letter saying they were not longer taking dental, life, and eye insurance out of the retirement check so I started looking to set up myself, then a couple of months later they sent a letter saying to send an ach out and they will withdraw and pay from our bank. That worked two months, but the life people that we have paid the same through many years decided to raise the cost and so the retirement people said they found another company and sent forms. I get on this stuff right away and sent the stuff with an ach to the life in Texas. Then I see the retirement people are still taking it out of our bank and I am not sure what is going on there.
When I had knee surgery several years ago I was surprise when I went in for the procedure that I had give them money first when they had my insurance. I paid 1300 dollars and they gave it back to me 6 months later. They are never in a big hurry to give back anything.

Valerie, nice that you got in a ride at the tree farm. I glad that you are being cautious. A bumpy ride would definitely be noticeable after what you have been through. I often think that I should go to the store, but part of it is not liking going when my allergies are acting up which is most of the times. It takes up my mornings when I do and I do not have time for my workout. I was thinking about it last night, and I have never had mess ups like that with Whole Foods. The only problem there is when they are out of stock, but they keep my substitutions so when I order the same things, my substitutions automatically pop up. I do that with Walmart too though. Sprouts was okay, but for some reason I think they up the costs a bit for delivery that is free via Instacart. There were a few things that I just did not purchase because I knew they were much less elsewhere. Amazon is sure handy unless I need something right away. I used to kind of like shopping by myself. I think part of it is the Walmart store nearby is always so busy. I end up parking at the back of the parking lot. It seems to be getting worse. My husband did offer to go shopping with me in late at night since he stays up all night Fridays. We did that some during the pandemic but when we went and got home at 2 or 3 and I had to get up to do virtual school when we did it. I soon had enough of that.

Carolyn, nice work on STS 2 Total Body yesterday. I am picky on what I get. I will say Whole Foods shoppers do a good job with produce choice. Walmart does not. That is the part I miss from shopping from home. I always get rock hard avocados, dry apples, and peaches hard as a rock. If I get something just right I am lucky. Last time I had a Dr appointment near the Sprouts I used to shop at, I stopped and picked up some things. I purchase meats and salmon from Whole Foods once a month. My husband loves their Filet Mignon or tenderloin when I get it there and I get good grassfed meats and ground bison. I get my Califa Farms Barista Oat milk in 6 packs from Amazon and Wild Planet Tuna because most of the stores are always out of the Oat milk I like and sometimes the Tuna. How do you get meats from Amazon? I tried to get some local coffee that is awesome from Amazon and it sent me to whole foods who was out.

Judy, great job on yesterday's 50 minutes of Peloton rides and 20 minutes of rowing and today's 45 minute Arms & Intervals ride, 20 minutes of Peloton Strength and 10 minutes of Restorative Yoga. I hope that you make your Peloton ride goal for January. I try to use Pay Pal most of the time. I do it sometimes with Walmart because my bank told me they have had a lot of fraud through Walmart + The only thing is the tip drops off the orders when I use Pay Pal and they just leave it at the door and take a picture. They do not wring the doorbell. Plus I would have to stock up on tip cash. I did change the plus once amount payment to PayPal because the bank would lock up when they were ready to take it out and I kept having to call them.

Today was STS Disk 20 Legs. DH is off to the urologist so hopefully they can give him guidance. Valerie I think the main thing with him is more water. He hasn't eaten meat since he was around 18 so no issue there. My sister had kidney stones when she was pregnant with her youngest. They put her on bed rest because they didn't realize that it wasn't early labor. She had the baby and kidney stone within like 24 hours. She said the kidney stone was worse than the natural labor. He's 25 and she never got them again. Hopefully since DH's never had them before he can keep from getting more.

Diane Sue great job with CDorner Step Aerobics, Raw Timesaver Intervals tbts and stretch. The last few weeks, my WF has had a lot of missing stock, though it hasn't really affected me since if I'm at the store I can find subs or get it at the other store I hope at. Having been a Shipt Shopper for a time, if I were to order for pick up or delivery I'd be adding notes like crazy on the produce.

Valerie even if you were near I wouldn't drop Tux off for you. Him and vehicles are a really bad combo and he's not a traveling cat. First cat I had when I lived away from home was fantastic in the car. I got her a little bed and she'd just lay in it most of the time. But, with her, I was going to my parents weekly and it was just a short drive. Great that you got in the ride at the tree farm, but you're right to be cautious. Downhills are always trickier than up, even though up can be a lot rougher on the legs.

Judy nice job with the Peloton workouts. I hope you get your goal in. Wow 5", we only got about 2" and a good portion of it is already gone. My parents in K'zoo just got rain, which is odd because they are the ones in the lake affect snow area. No with the warmer temps we're getting fog again.

Hi Carolyn.

I wish we had a sprouts or whole foods here close by but no. I refuse to use Walmart. Safeway is an obnoxious drive and parking lot is dicey. too many druggies hang out there. there are two close stores that I use routinely along with costco. costco's produce is good here but I think it varies. I use amazon for specialty things I cant find locally. things like farro. might be on the shelf and might not. I keep it to two visits a week max.

we are getting big el nino effects. its been mid 60's temps and rain. Warm, like april. no snow where we could use it. even MT is not getting much. does not mean good news for fires this summer.

I'm sore from yesterday so will take an easy day today. no particular problems from the ride but I will ride paved places for a few more weeks. the uphill was Ok but all the vigorous jiggling coming down was not great.

that's what I meant about kidney stones. not always a direct cause and effect. lots of possibilities. Ive heard many tales about the pain so best to figure out a plan to prevent them. not sure we've ever had a great travel cat. I'd prefer to leave the cat here.

Today I did Jessica Smith’s 30 Minute Fat Blaster. It was 30 minutes, 198 calories burned, average heart rate 130 and maximum heart rate 159. I attended virtual WW after that.

Valerie, great job doing that challenging ride. It’s good that you are being cautious.

Judy, great job with the Peloton rides, rowing, strength, and yoga. That’s wonderful that you have almost reached your goal of 150 Peloton miles this month.

Diane Sue, CDorner Step Aerobics, Raw timesaver intervals, and CDorner stretch. I don’t order meat from Amazon. When I did use Amazon Fresh during the lockdown I ordered chicken breasts a few times. I was pleased with the quality of the food. I order my grass fed bison from Wild Idea Buffalo in South Dakota. I prefer the ground just because I’m not much of a steak or roast person.

Cathy, great to with STS disc 20 Legs.

Have a great day everyone.

Today I did 55 minutes of Peloton rides and was able to reach my goal of 150 miles for January. I did not want to get on the bike today so I can tell I need a break. I will probably take a few active rest days and focus a little more on strength training for February.

Diane Sue-Great job with CDorner Step Aerobics #354, Raw Timesaver Intervals tbts and CDorner Full Body Relaxing Stretch. I’m glad that you had a good night’s sleep. I love ordering from Amazon and have had mostly good results. I was ordering from Walmart for a while during the pandemic but I had an issue with them. I had ordered a small organizer with drawers for storing some of my gym gear. They dropped off one that was obviously used. It had marks and scratches on it. I tried to set up a return but they said the only way they would take it back was if I took it to Fedex and shipped it back and paid for the shipping, which was more than the cost of the organizer. They wouldn't let me return it to a store even though we have several within a few miles. We ended up keeping the organizer and put it in the garage. I got another one for my gym(at Target). I’ve never ordered anything else from Walmart since then.

Cathy-Great job with STS Disk 20 Legs. I hope the doctor helps your husband. The snow yesterday was a surprise since the forecast was only for a dusting to an inch.

Carolyn-Great job with Jessica Smith’s 30 Minute Fat Blaster.

Hi to Valerie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.