Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 1/07/2024

This morning I did Perfect Pump Lower Body. My time was 35 minutes and 135 calories burned. My average heart rate was 111 and maximum heart rate was 134. I’m still going a bit lighter with my weights since I’m still not back to my normal energy level.

Cathy, great job with Step from SJP, and STS disc 11. Shopping before the storm was smart. We are expecting another round of bad weather tomorrow, something I’m not looking forward to.

Valerie, great job with 20 minutes on the spin bike and 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Heavy Bag Chest and Back and CDorner Mobility/stretch.

Hello to Judy.

Today I did CDorner Old School Aerobics low or high, 45 minutes, heart rate 141/175, 253 calories, 4,980 steps. I followed with the same Abs Debbie did so won't put down the moves and weights, this is Raw TBTS Strength: Abs 16:38 minutes, heart rate 90/119, 51 calories. I finished with CDorner Day 1 Total Body Stretch, 18 minutes, 24 calories. Total time was 79 minutes, 328 calories, 5,143 steps. I am hoping to get in the Heavy Bags and Legs workout tomorrow.

Cathy, great job on the step from Step, Jump and Pump plus the last hi-lo segment, and STS disc 11. I do not like cold weather. I am glad you got the knot worked out. I still have a bruise healing on my forehead after thinking Kelly was done with overhead tricep move and went to sling the weights back up because she was not done. I smacked myself in the head with a 12# dumbbell and the thought what a stupid thing to do. I did not need those last two extensions that bad. It has been healing for a few days now and still yellow looking. Thinking of dealing with businesses, I called the Gas Utility company today using the phone number for contacting them on their website and it went right into asking me questions about my car mileage. I did not answer the questions and kept thinking what a weird way to leave someone waiting for them to answer, then my phone said something about protecting from scams and hung up. SO, I double checked the number and tried again, this time someone answered and they asked me about car service and I asked them who I was talking to and they said they were a care maintenance service agreement? Anyway I told them I was calling someone else and they kept asking questions and I hung up without answering. So I filled out stuff on the utility website and what I needed and they called me at 4 as I asked and set up an appointment for a worker to come and check our gas fireplace pilot. We tried to light it and it would not stay lit. She said I could call if I needed to contact them and gave me that same number. I told her what happened and she said maybe the call was diverted. She told me to just fill out another form on their website if I needed something then. Hopefully since they record the conversation they get it fixed. I know I was correct on the website as I logged into my account first. It was weird.

Carolyn, nice work today on Perfect Pump Lower Body. Those viruses can really make us feel weak. It is wise to take your time on getting back to where you were.

I had some minor dental work early today, just a bite adjust but it took and hour and a half. then a UPS stop and a stop at Lowes who of course did not have what I needed. I get so tired of that. a great big store and what I need is never there. looks like we will dodge any large snow fall but its cold and it was already wet so there will be ice on everything tomorrow. how cold is up for grabs. early forecasts were for quite cold, like 8 degrees but later the numbers were much higher. we will see but we brought in all the hummingbird feeders. will put them out early in the morning and rotate them during the day so they can get their juice. later I did a 35 min stiff walk around our yard, up and down the hills.

diane sue thats one of those funny/not funny things! are you asking yourself how you managed to do that??

Last edited:
Today I did part of Gloved Up and Sweaty. My time was 33 minutes and 199 calories burned. My average heart rate was 124 and maximum heart rate was 164.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner Old School Aerobics, Raw Abs, and CDorner stretch. That’s a scary situation with hitting yourself in the head with the dumbbell. I’m glad that it wasn’t worse.

Valerie, good job continuing with your walking.

Hello to Cathy and Judy.

Yesterday I did a 30 minute interval ride. Today I worked 6 hours and got a lot of steps in. It’s been snowing for the past couple of hours or so. They’ve downgraded the storm for this area so it looks like we might get 1-4 inches. Hopefully no power outages.

Carolyn-Great job with Cardio Quick Fix workout one, Perfect Pump Lower Body, and part of Gloved Up and Sweaty.

Cathy-Great job with Step from Step, Jump and Pump, the last hi-lo segment and STS Disk 11. I hope your DH and your mom are having a good birthday today. From the forecast, it sounds like you are going to get a worse storm than we are. Stay safe.

Diane Sue-I’m sorry about the dumbbell. I’m glad you didn’t get hurt worse. Great job with the CDorner workouts.

Valerie-Great job with the spin, elliptical and walk.

Today I did Raw Heavy Bag and Legs, 47 minutes, 159 calories, heart rate 110/144. I finished off with CDorner Relaxing Full Body Stretch at Home, 30 minutes, 41 calories. Total time 77 minutes, 200 calories. I keep forgetting to check the steps, but I doubt it was much anyway.

Valerie, sounds like a busy morning. I love watching hummingbords. I have not seen any in a few years now. They had a forecast for 50% on snow last night, but it just got extremely cold. The sun is out today and still saying snow Sunday but only 35% now so it has dropped. I really did wonder how I managed to do that with the dumbbell. I looked around to see if husband was peaking LOL I never said anything. My makeup and bangs pretty much hides it. I really did not think I hurt myself much and went on with the workout. It was later when I looked in the mirror that I realized it was harder than I though.

Carolyn, nice job on Gloved Up and Ready today. I hope you are feeling better each day and getting back to normal.

Judy, good work on the Interval ride yesterday. I hope things go well and there are no power outages.

This morning I did Gloved Up and Ready. I really like that one. Snow started about 3 hours late, but is still falling. Forecast still calling for 10-15" I'll believe it when it happens. So far they've over predicted our totals all winter. My Mom gets very grumpy when she can't get out everyday, but when I called her this afternoon she was in a good mood. We'll see how long that lasts. I'm quite happy to stay put, but I have a bigger range of activities available at home. She really needs to get her daily walk and socializing in. Even if it is at a snails pace with her walker, it's mostly about the socializing.

Carolyn great job with Perfect Pump Lower Body, and Gloved Up and Ready. What do you think of that one? I hope your weather doesn't get too bad.

Valerie sorry to hear you had unfun things you had to do today. We are going to be really cold for a few days next week, but at least there won't be snow those days. Your hummers stay?

Diane Sue nice job with CDorner Old School Aerobics low or high, Raw TBTS Strength: Abs, stretch, Raw Heavy Bag and Legs and stretch. Big ouch on hitting your head with the dumbbell. I've come close a couple times but never actually done it.

Judy your snow will be a lot more manageable than ours! Great job with the ride.

The hummers are Anna's. they started staying all year (in our neighborhood) in 2014. we are at about 400 feet elevation. lower than that and as you go south, they have been year round residents before that. they have been gradually increasing their range northward for a long time. other birds have done that too due to global warming. we never had scrub jays here, they only went as far north as Oregon, but now they are common north to canadian border. we have mainly Rufous and anna's, but only the anna's stay all year. rufous leave by september. this is pretty cold for them. if it weren't for so many feeders available, I'm not sure they could do it. we had to rotate feeders all day as they froze, replacing them with warm ones. we bring feeders in when it gets dark and hang them out at first light in the morning. hummers are right there while you are hanging up the feeder. it was 9 degrees this morning and warmed up to about 20. thats very very cold for here. we didnt get any snow so it will be hard on plants not having that layer of insulation.
I did same as yesterday only 15 elliptical and 20 spinning and series of curls .

we had a near disaster with our camper. we drained the water in early fall but were out of antifreeze. with my surgery etc we forgot to fill lines with anti freeze. ran to the store this morning and got some, then carefully thawed out the pump. it took much of the day with a space heater, heat gun, and the heat going inside to thaw it out but it seems to be working ok. that would be a costly fix . with the lines drained there could not have been much water to freeze but it took about 6 hours to get things working. the pump is not easy to get at.

Just finished STS Disk 12. Last workout in Meso 1. Less push ups from here on out. YAY! So far we are have a fair bit less snow than they predicted but it's going to snow on and off into tomorrow. I felt sorry for the birds this morning so went and put out some seed in the feeder and under the trees. Fortunately DH was too wrapped up in hating the weather to notice, because I do not shovel the areas first, just put scatter the seed. Snow is just going to cover it up again anyway, but I would have heard about it. We'll see if there are still cranes around in the next few days. There was a flock of 100-200 hundred yesterday, but they were taking off when I saw them and hard to get a good number as they were quickly behind trees.

Valerie we only have the ruby-throats here and they are usually gone by mid-September. We don't get many in our yard because the neighbor has so many flowers. 9 is extremely cold for them. They must be finding good places to tuck in for the night. Nice job with the cardio and curls.

hummers go into a state of torpor, to help get thru cold nights. they sit in the trees or shrubs, fluff up their feathers and semi hibernate at night. still this is cold! they are right there when we hang the feeders in the morning. we have a light we hang next to one feeder to keep it thawed. they refreeze in about an hour at 9 degrees. I grew up in cold temps but I'm not used to it anymore. its hard to feel comfortable. I had washed our down jackets a while ago, and when I put mine on yesterday I found the zipper lost its pull tab. jacket is warmer than the one I ended up wearing, so will have to replace that zipper pull today. its really cold in MT so Im glad we arent there now. -31 at bozeman pass. often yellowstone is the coldest of all.

Today is a rest day. I had my monthly meeting this morning which had some uncomfortable moments. We have one group member who is always pushing us to make changes that she wants, but no one agrees with her. Today was one of those days when I really had to be diplomatic to keep the peace.

We were lucky with the weather. The temperature was cold enough that the severe storms never materialized.

Judy, great job with the interval ride after working a 6 hour day.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Heavy Bag and Legs and CDorner stretch.

Cathy, great job with Gloved Up and Sweaty and STS disc 12. I liked Gloved Up and Sweaty. I didn’t preview it first which is very unusual for me. I was surprised that it was mostly low impact but still challenging enough.

Valerie, I’m glad that you avoided the disaster with your camper. That could have been very bad. I saw the weather report for Montana. That cold weather is unbelievable.

Stay warm and have a nice day.

Today I did CDorner Burning Biceps and Triceps with mini bands and dumbbells, 33 minutes, 117 calories, heart rate 106/152. I then did Raw TBTS Sculpt: Box and Tone, 20 minutes, 102 calories, heart rate 126/146. I finished with CDorner Day 12 upper body stretch and Day 10 Spinal mobility, 28 minutes, 48 calories.
Total time was 81 minutes, 267 calories. It is freezing cold outside and so windy. I went out in that wind to do a couple of things and came back in coughing my head off. It is 7 degrees and weather says feels like minus 12.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.