Pentagenarians & Beyond W/B 1/06

Traildoggie

Cathlete
Deb where are you this morning? hope all is OK.
I will get us started. we had a heck of a thunder and lightning storm in the middle of the night. I never got back to sleep after. sometime around 3:30 . power went out briefly too, but only disturbed one appliance, so must have been very brief. More later...

Good morning,

I just got back from Florida this morning. The party was nice and it was great to see a lot of relatives I have not seen in years.

Valerie, thanks for starting the thread for this week. That storm must have been scary. All the TV shows I watch on Acorn TV are British or mostly Australian. They play a lot of music and the lyrics are there. They are all groups and songs I have never heard of. I like sub-titles, but I hate reading lyrics to songs I don't know. You can't help but read them if they are on the screen. Glad to hear you won that court case.

Diane Sue, KCM's TLC is a good one. I have all the appliances that we never use in a cabinet in the basement. Every once in a while I think about them and say that I should go down and gather them up for donation. Was free shipping only offered if you purchased the whole set?

Hi to Carolyn, Lori & Judy,

Take care,

Deb somehow I missed you were off to florida. yes, storm was scary. thunder and lightning in January is weird! we were expecting significant wind but didn't materialize, at least not here.

we officially "won" the case. it feels like it will be up to our community to keep tabs and be ready to take them back to court if they don't comply. not holding our breath on reimbursement for legal fees. its not like they robbed a bank, its a civil matter, and so there is limited punishment. they might get fined if they don't comply? don't know. we'll see. they had a big event planned for 1/11 and if it goes on as planned, we will have a big club to hold over them. we have another court date, same judge, toward the end of this month. he was annoyed at their disregard for rules they were fully aware of and chose to ignore.

I guess I'm opposite. I love to see the words to dialogue or songs I don't understand. some british and Australian shows NEED subtitles. I've learned to glance at the words when I need to, and ignore them the rest of the time. a handy skill!

I donated most of our unused appliances. not eager to generate more. some things I took to MT so I didn't need to buy new.

Valerie, thanks for starting us off today. I’m glad that the court case went well for you and your neighbors. Hopefully the one neighbor will comply or sell the property. Today is my rest day, so no workout to report.

Deb, I didn’t realize that you were out of town this weekend and was a bit concerned when we didn’t hear from you. I’m glad that you had a good trip.

Hello to Lori, Diane Sue, and Judy. Have a great day everyone.

Today is my rest day. I went to Sprouts and picked up some things since they are having their Vitamin Extravaganza sale I picked up some 4 sigmatic mushroom elixers, collagen bars, and L glutamine. I have been doing Kelly Coffey's raw strength rotation, but will alter it some. I will do it for another week then we will see when I get the Lite Pyramid workouts how I want to work it all in. The raw rotations were meant to be done for a month repeating the whole group of workouts twice. I will probably change the body weight one out. I will see how I feel, or add to it.

Valerie, I have a difficult time sleeping through storms. I am such a light sleeper. That is great that the ruling was in favor for your neighborhood. It would not be pleasant having someone run that type of business that close. Particularly since you are a gated community and people have to come in and out.

Deb, I am not sure if the free shipping was for the whole set. I know if purchased others ordered were originally supposed to be free shipping. Also they were over 18.00 dollars each. Not much of a deal at all. I have an ice cream freezer and the bread machine in the garage still. We did have two ice cream freezers and we got rid of one of them. Decided we did not need two. I don't think I have made ice cream in over 8 years. I have thought about getting the attachment for my kitchen aid mixer which would make small batches and try my hand at healthier ice cream choices. But, then it might be a waste. It would be too much work to try to make enough ice cream for our whole family at a gathering. I am glad Florida was a fun trip. I would like to get together with my brothers one day and family in Nebraska.

Good evening ladies,

Friday was a LekFit bounce along with a BBS bounce. Yesterday was FT live cardio legs. I wanted to bounce so I did the cardio portion on the rebounder. It was fun. I am convinced rebounding has kept the colds away. Going on over 2 years now since I have had a cold. Crazy right? I know I am pushing my luck. Everyone around me is sick so I am trying to bounce it out!! Lol!! Today I only did a 20 min health bounce to get it in. Had a lot of errands and a project I wanted to get done. We purchased some security cameras from amazon and I wanted to get them up and running. We have been wanting to do this for a while and glad we finally did. Was pretty easy to do and I like we can check in on GiGi thru out the day. We have it set to detect her barking so we can see what is causing it. We both will get a notifiction on our phones.

Diane Sue....the Raw Boxing and Drills looks great. Looking forward to doing this one. Good for you getting the 2 Lite DVDs. Cardio Party looks fun. My husband keeps talking about the air fryer. Not sure where we would keep it either. Hoping he moves on! Where did you see the Raw rotation?

Valerie....I guess I never really paid attention to YBR! Did you say you have never seen the entire movie The Wizard of Oz? Now I find that funny. People always are in disbelief that I have never seen It’s A Wonderful Life. So I guess I can see how that has happened! I only recently saw The Sound of Music. I am the same...I prefer upper and lower separate...unless circuits. Good on the court case.

Deb...Hope you had a nice trip. I too missed you were in Florida. How was the weather?

Hi to Carolyn and Judy!

Have a great night all!

Lori ..no never saw it from beginning to end. I have seen most of it, in bits and pieces. I'm not sure I ever saw Its a Wonderful Life either. never saw Casablanca. Humphrey bogart was a big time smoker, and kissing him must have been horrid, like licking an ashtray. I have big issues when leading men ( and women) are smokers. I've seen a lot of movies but don't enjoy oldies. I liked GWTW, as an exception. the Sound of Music would not have been a good one for me either. sometimes after you see clips and excerpts from movies so many times, its hard to remember if you ever saw it beginning to end. I never liked musicals.
Hope you dodge the cold.
I took the day off today. tired, didn't sleep well last night.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday. I was exhausted when I got home, being that I was up at 2:30 am for the shuttle to the airport.

Valerie, at least you have a judge that sees the side of what your group is opposed to and sounds like he is ready to punish if they do not comply. I hope you had a better night's sleep last night.

Diane Sue, that sounds like a good sale at Sprouts. Nice that you can stock up on things you buy. We have an ice cream maker too, I think we may have used it once. For me, a waste of time and space. Now that you mention it, I don;t think free shipping was offered even at the beginning of the presale. I kind of remember selecting a shipping method.

Lori, that is great about the security system with cameras. My cousin and her brother own a security company. She has cameras where she can look at her dog during the day too. She was checking in on him from Florida. A friend of hers was staying at the house with him. The weather in Florida was ok...77 the first day we got there, but very humid. Then high 60;s the next day. I guess it must have warmed up yesterday as my cousins that stayed were going to the beach.

Hi to Judy and Carolyn,

Take care,

Lori, I hope that you continue to avoid the colds and illness. It does seem like it is everywhere. I hated it when I went to Walmart Market recently and people were coughing and cleaning their noses all around me. The prednisone that they gave me warned about it lowering immunity. I used lots of hand sanitizer and once caught myself rubbing my nose, I put hand sanitizer under my nose and it burned like fire since my nose is chapped from all of the tissues. It was not a pleasant experience and I was in a great hurry to get out of the store. I love the new boxing and drills workout. Kelly has the raw rotation listed on her website. There are 3 of them, one strength, one fat burning, and one muscle definition. http://www.coffeyfit.com/premixes.html
I have seen all of those movies. Growing up we did not watch a lot of television and went to very few movies. My husband is a television and movie buff. He likes the old movies. I have seen these over many times. We own Its a Wonderful life and watch it every Christmas, as well as an older favorite black and white version of A Christmas Carol.
I hunted down the raw rotations and here they are:
Here are a few Rotations for Coffeyfit RAW:

#1 Strength Training Rotation:

Tabata (weights)
Core Moves
Weight Circuits #1
Hips & Glutes
All Back & All Front
Stretch
Strong & Lean
Perfect 10
Large Muscle Finisher
Floorwork
Tabata Weight Circuits
Just Step

#2 Fat-burning rotation:

Cardio Crush
HGI #2
Boxing & Kettlebell
Just Step #2
Cardio Overload
Boxing & Sculpting (with my brother)
Hi/Low (Tatum)
HGI #1
Stretch
Just Step #2
Compound Moves (with Sammy)
Kettlebell Kickboxing
Just Run

#3 Muscle Definition Rotation:

Kickbox Contouring
Tubing Works
Cardio Sculpt Overload (Vest)
Bands & Baree
Core Moves
Stretch
Compound Moves
Floorwork
Upper body blast
Boxing & Tubing
Total Body Sculpt Overload (Vest)
Perfect 10
Upper sculpt/ Lower tone
Cardio/Weight Tabatas

These are one month Rotations...you will go through all of the designated workouts 2x by the end of the month. If you love it and see results feel free to continue on for a second month.

I will be doing Coffey Fit Raw Strong and Lean which is 45 minutes and some other cardio with it. Maybe a stretch. I need to go to the bank and Walmart. Picking up grandchildren was canceled today so maybe I will get some housework done. I had planned dinner for them and picked up some extra goodies, but that will keep till another time :)

Deb, maybe I miss read the free shipping. I will look again. It may have meant free shipping for other dvds if added at the same time. I am not too upset, just kept trying to go back and see if I had pushed a wrong button or something when going through the process. I can understand being tired. I hope that you get some rest.

Valerie, sorry that you didn't get much sleep.

Good sleep, feel much better today. Deb 2:30 is miserable! We weren't sure how the judge viewed the two sides during the presentations. he ended up coming to our side clearly. civil court not criminal court, and it's not clear what actually gets done and reinforced. these people knew exactly what they were doing is in gross violation of many of the CC&R's. He is not questioning anything about our rules, and that the owners were provided with them. they are pretty standard CC&R's and not even rigid compared so some you hear about. if they continue to violate them, he can fine them, but not clear what more he can do.

anyone watch the Golden Globes last night? its my favorite awards show. I always get a few titles to put on my watch list, and some to remove. speedy and less tedious than Oscars. they don't have all the technical awards that slow the process and lots of stars show up. it was a channel that streams well, where Oscars the last few years have been blocked with so much signal interference is so we can't watch them.
I have an ice cream maker and used it a lot. haven't used since last summer but would not donate it. I love home made ice cream. can't afford the calories very often.
I didn't start watching movies until I was older. watching movies on TV was so tedious with commercials every 5 minutes, I didn't get through many. I got interested with VCRs and watching at home.

I made a new recipe for dinner last night. involved roasting broccoli. I roast a lot of vegies but hadn't done broccoli, but it turned out very good and extremely easy. one of the sheet pan dinners that have been popular for a while. chicken broccoli, potato with romesco sauce. I don't know how I skipped broccoli, but it was better than steamed.

I'm diligent about cold prevention. like lori I'm going on "no colds" for a couple years now. sanitizer and not touching my face works.

Today I did JS Ready Steady Go for 32 minutes and 198 calories burned. My average heart rate was 119 and maximum heart rate was 141. I had planned to do RWH Plyo HiiT One, but changed my mind after only 3 minutes of the warm up. My knee didn’t like the moves. I can control my movements better with JS cardio workouts.

Deb, I can understand not working out after your very early travel day.

Diane Sue, I checked my receipt and there was no shipping charges for my LITE dvds. I had to choose USPS shipping. I’m glad that you mentioned the Sprouts vitamin sale. I need to pick up some things and I had forgotten about it.

Lori, great job keeping up with your bounces and barre. Trying to stay healthy and avoiding colds is very important. Security cameras are a nice addition. I’m sure that you will be glad that you have them.

Valerie, I didn’t watch the Golden Globes, but I’m not much of a movie fan. My husband loves movies, but I usually read while he watches them. Broccoli might be the only vegetable that I haven’t tried roasting, but I have seen some good looking recipes using it.

Hello to Judy.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey TLC cardio express mix, 15 minutes, 99 calories, heart rate average 115, max 145, 1,052 steps. I followed this with Coffey FIt Raw Strong and lean, 45 minutes, heart rate average 119, max 162, met 5.0, 248 calories, 2,110 steps. I finished off with TLC again since it was in the player and did the push up flip up bonus doing the crunch/reverse crunch variation and adding the stretch. I am not sure if I have ever done the push up flip up bonus. It is just flipping cards and choosing either push ups, crunches, or squats and doing how many reps the card says. This with the stretch was 13 minutes, 36 calories and 41 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 383 calories 3,203 steps.
Strong and Lean Kelly uses 33# barbell 10# dumbbells and a 20# kettle bell(I used 35# barbell, 10# dumbbells, and 25# kettle bell
cardio punches/squat hops, then punches front, up, front low
barbell squat 35# barbell 10 reps
double hand swings 25# kettle bell 20 reps
cardio skate hop side to side ending with just hop side to side
biceps curls 35# barbell 10 reps
kettle bell single arm swings 10 reps and 10 reps 25#
cardio shuffle then mountain climbers using barbell to hold onto
dead lift 35# barbell 10 reps
kettle bell swings alternating 20 reps 25#
cardio insole slaps/ butt kicker jog ending with just butt kicker jog
clean from the hip 35# barbell 10 reps
figure 8 kettle bell 20 reps 25#
cardio wood chop center and side to side then center with jumps
thrusters barbell 35# 10 reps
double swing 25# kettlebell 20 reps
cardio punches with tuck jump
barbell bent over rows 35# 10 reps
alternating kettle bell swings 25# 20 reps
cardio lateral step shoot ending with 8 reps just shooting
dumbbell kick backs 10# dbs 10 reps
kettle bell double hand swings 25# 20 reps, alternating swings 25# 20 reps, figure 8 25# 20 reps
mixture of all of the cardios cardio punch and skater, butt kicker jog, step side shoot
dead lift high pull 35# barbell 10 reps/ clean from the hip 35# barbell 10 reps
feet on the barbell bridges 20 reps then 20 pulses
feet under the barbell sit ups 20 reps
bench press hands wide barbell 35# 20 reps, then close grip 35# 20 reps

Valerie, I love romesco sauce. I had never tried it before till I got one of my Whole 30 cookbooks. Those sauces can make veggies and meats taste so good. I bought a Paleo seasoning powder last week that has some pink salt in it with a blend of organic seasoning and love it. I used some on broccoli and chicken the other night and last night I used it on some salmon that I baked. I want to get another flavor. The one I purchased is Auto Immune Protocol and has italian seasonings with some sage in it. I believe there are four flavors.

Carolyn, I picked usps shipping, but still had to pay shipping. Doesn't Cathe have free shipping if you spend a certain amount of money? Maybe over 50 dollars?

The GGs cover a lot of TV series, limited time ones and longer too. I don't bother with music award shows, but like to get ideas for new movies and TV.

Diane sue I've made rosmesco sauce before. could not be easier. this recipe makes a lot. I will come up with other things to use it on. maybe DH will eat salmon with tis sauce on it.
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/26...utm_content=102618&cid=296440&mid=15805693119
Here's a link to it. I don't like chicken thighs, so I used chicken tenders and roasted them less time since they're so much smaller and boneless. I'll make this one again. I roasted at 450. my bnroccoli didn't brown but it was very good. I'll roast more tonight because we ate all the broccoli so will need more for the leftover chicken.

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was an active rest day. I did Yin Yoga (Ultimate Yogi). I was feeling sore and that was just what I needed. Today I did Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 Hardcore. I was 45 minutes into it when Chris texted me and needed me to do something on the computer for him. It took about 20 minutes to do what he needed so rather than try to finish the Jari workout I decided to switch gears. I did the abs from KCM Circuit Burn then Body Beast Build Shoulders. Total workout time was 89 minutes and calories burned was 598. I wouldn't have done this combo if I hadn't been interrupted but it worked for today.

Deb-2:30 is so early, I don't blame you for not working out.

Diane Sue-Thanks for posting the Raw rotations. I like the Strength Training one. Great workouts today!

Carolyn-I plan on doing a JS cardio workout later this week. I always enjoy her workouts. I didn't have any shipping charges for the LITE dvds either.

Lori-Security cameras are a great idea. That's great that you haven't had a cold in 2 years!

Valerie-The roasted broccoli sounds good. I will have to try that. Nice that you haven't had a cold in 2 years either!

Have a good night!

Judy

Valerie, thanks for the recipe. It looks very similar to the one I have used. It uses the jarred roasted red peppers. I usually use fresh garlic, even if a recipe calls for minced in a jar. To me it just tastes better. I always buy chicken breast tenders. It seems they cut away more of the excess skin and yucky stuff on them. I do not like dark meat chicken or thighs.

Judy, I had to go back to the facebook group to find the three rotations linked together. I am liking the strength one. Sometimes situations cause us to switch gears :) I rushed when my grandson called and said he was going to come over. I managed to get to the bank today, but skipped Walmart even though it was right there so I could get back. He hung out for a couple of hours. I always enjoy when they come to visit. He starts back to school next week. I guess the university is not back like the other schools are yet.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday. I got a shipping notification from Cathe.com that something is being shipped to me on January 10th.

Diane Sue, I hear you on the person in the store and your concerns. There was a young boy on the plane in one of the seats across the aisle from me that was hacking and coughing the whole plane ride. I felt sorry for the person sitting next to him. I think you are correct, the free shipping was on any other DVD's you ordered with the new series, presale.

Valerie, have not watched an awards show in decades. That sheet pan dinners sounds good. I wondered what romesco sauce was. Thanks for posting the recipe. I saw that you reviewed it on the website. :)

Carolyn, good that you stopped that workout before it affected your knee. I am suspicious of any workout with the word "plyo" in it. Way too much jumping. Strange, my receipt for the new series has $4.95 shipping, and it was USPS.

Judy, good job going back to working out, even with that disruption.

Hi to Lori,

Take care,

Yes Deb that was me there too. We finished the leftovers last night. Romesco was better fresh but still ok leftover. I use fresh garlic too. I always use bl/sl chicken breast. Sometimes tenders but not always. I use a kitchen shears rather than a knife to trim. Much easier. Costco chicken breasts are so BIG so I usually pound with a mallet to get more uniform. I never liked dark meat, and only get it rarely from a rotisserie chicken. then I'll use it in soup so I don't notice texture so much.
No workout yesterday. Finished two projects. first, shopped for new espresso maker. we keep buying little cheap machines but they don't last more than 6 months. will buy a better one but the prices of some are stunning. many are not easy to use either. DH makes the coffee so he can pick. probably a
Breville. then did a sewing project.

Made better carrier for bear spray. we always carry bear spray in Montana. it has to be on the pack waistband, but not swinging around or loose, so it falls off every time you unbuckle the pack. bear spray comes in a tube shaped holder, but in a side pocket, its hard to reach. I sewed heavy duty wide Velcro to the webbing. First try, used sticky back Velcro. glue stuck got on the needle, jammed up the machine. broke the thread, pulled the needle right out. Argh! I got it cleaned up and tried again with non sticky Velcro and it worked. I hate sewing. Now it fits on the waistband without sliding off and goes easily from pack to pack. I hate sewing. or did I say that already. we carry bear spray on our bikes too, but they fit into a bottle cage there.
I'll look at the ship notification when I get it. not seen it yet. I thought we paid a small amount for shipping, like we do for calendars, $4.95. USPS.
ETA, there was no shipping charge on the new series. it was $78.93 plus I ordered the yoga DVd for DH. that came in November for his birthday. no shipping charge for it because ordered with the series. I think the calendar always has a shipping charge.

Last edited:
This morning I did RWH Back, Biceps, and Shoulders. My time was 63 minutes with 263 calories burned. Average heart rate was 108 and maximum heart rate was 150. This is such a great workout!

Deb, I received that shipping notification too. Cathe mentioned that they were creating the labels so that everything will be ready to go as soon as the dvds arrive in New Jersey. It seems odd that you were charged shipping.

Judy, great job with your workouts. I’m not sure that I would have continued with my workout if I had been interrupted like that.

Valerie, I like to use kitchen shears for trimming chicken parts also. It’s much easier than using a knife.

Diane Sue, do you ever do the RWH weight workouts? I couldn’t remember if you have mentioned them. I checked the shipping info on Cathe’s site and it is free over $50.00. You are right about a good sauce adding so much to foods.

Hello to Lori. Have a wonderful day everyone.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Boxing and Drills, 31 minutes, 202 calories, met 5.9, 2,593 stesp, heart rate average 131, max 166. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Perfect 10 which is a body weight workout in my rotation. This was 26 minutes, 103 calories,m met 3.6, heart rate 101, max 129, 654 steps. Total calories today was 305, 57 minutes, 3,247 steps.

Coffey Fit Raw Perfect 10
Body weight no equipment all moves done in 10 reps
Squat 10 reps
Plie squat on toes 10 reps
Single leg squat pulse 10 reps and 10 reps
Split push up 5 & 5 done twice, duck hand push up 10 reps, military push up 10 reps
Squat out lunge squat back 10 and 10 reps
Reverse lunge pulse knee up 10 and 10 reps
Side lunge alternating 10 reps
Pike push up 10 reps
Side 1 arm push up 10 and 10
Plank kick throughs 10 reps
Squat thrust side to side 10 reps
Frog squat 10 reps
Plie squat on heel lift to toes 10 reps
Side triceps push up 10 and 10
Squat thrust 10 reps
Bicycle 10 reps, crunch hip lift 10 reps repeat

Deb, I paid 4.95 shipping for my two dvds. Since you bought the whole set I would have thought that you would get the free shipping. Maybe it was only for the first pre-order price? I don't know when you ordered. I lost interest in those awards shows a long time ago.

Valerie, if I remember right the romesco sauce recipe I made before had another recipe using it and adding something else to it for another recipe. It has been awhile since I used it. Sprouts has huge chicken breasts. I always split them down the middle so that they are not so thick when I purchase them. I think that it must be the variety of chicken or something. I still prefer their tenders. Less work. Velcro is so tricky to sew through. Definitely takes making sure you use the right needle and decent thread.

Carolyn, I have Ripped with Hiit. I really like the weight workouts. I have not done them in quite some time though. I have used the 4 sets mix on some of the body parts. I kind of remember seeing the free shipping over 50.00. Most places that do that make sure their items come just under so you have to buy more to get over 50.00. You know, like 24.99. It always kind of irritates.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.