Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 08/7/22

No workout today as I shopped. I was so tired last night and I really wanted to sleep, so I took a couple Motrin PM, only for the sleep factor. Was asleep before 10:00 and woke up at 6:00, the downside of a really good night's sleep is that I'm now not the least bit tired. But, I don't have to get up early tomorrow.

When the boys were in baseball and we were going to unfamiliar areas, I would always look up the place on a satellite map so I could picture the layout when I got there. Schools are notorious for sticking baseball fields in odd places, and tournament sites could be even worse. I'm sure parts of the UP are like Montana where roads going back to lakes, waterfalls, etc aren't even on a county map, and relying on written directions really depends on how well the person writing it knew what they were doing. Had to take DH's car today, and I didn't try pushing the non exiting start button once. LOL I have to pay attention though because his cruise controls are on a bar and mine are basically on the steering wheel. And oops, just remembered I didn't put his seat back. I'll have to try and remember to do that tomorrow. It's really hard for him to get in a position to put it back after I've had it all the way forward.

Valerie glad you got a ride and a croissant in today! That's interesting that you and your SIL can't understand each other. My sister and I have talked for an hour or more when one of us is driving.

Judy great job with the Peloton ride and Pyramid Combo premix, is that Upper and Lower body? Only premixes I've done are only upper or only lower.

Diane Sue nice job with the Tabata Fun Cardio, Raw Strength and Mobility workouts.

Carolyn great job with Stacked Sets Upper Body.

Today I did CDorner Low Impact High Intensity all standing, 50 minutes, heart rate 114/134, 208 calories, 6,092 steps. I also did Raw Abs Circuits, 18 minutes, heart rate 89/116, 47 calories, 59 steps. Total time was 68 minutes, 255 calories, 6,151 steps.
Abs Circuits was 8 exercises then repeat 2 more times. I did the low plank and the plank walk in walk out and was okay with it. This evening my rib cage is sore again, so I am guessing the ab work did it.

Just finished Hooked on PHA. Got a really good workout. Nice variety. First round is 8 exercises repeated and I matched Cathe on the first round and dropped down on a couple for the second. Second round is 6 exercises repeated. Again matched on first round and dropped some on the second.

Started out this morning at 49 degrees and only going to 75. Mid 70's is my sweet temp area. The weekend is looking yucky. Rainy and not hitting 70. Watching the dogs again starting later today. Do you know how dirty Golden Retrievers can get! LOL

Diane Sue great job with the Low Impact High Intensity and Abs Circuits workouts.

DH finally talked to his sister and finally told her not to call from her car. it was a long series of "what did you say?" and "say that again". its his sister so I let him handle it. usually she called the land line thats easier to understand than our cell. fine for very brief calls but not for an actual conversation. dont know if it's the phone, or the cell service but it was nice to stop. it was an annoying waste of time.

we wish we were getting some rain cathy. not unusual for august. lawn always dies. the vegie garden needs watering daily. we are debating a trip to MT but its hot there too. we need to do some house maintenance. better for recreation if it were cooler.
oh the car seat controversy! DH is not tall but he has a long torso. our seating positions are very different. he has a tantrum whenever I move the seat.

in MT local roads are not reliable on GPS systems. they might be 100% right but don't count on it. detours for road washouts pop up frequently and seldom included. mostly an issue for tourons who don't use their heads when getting suspicious directions. its better than it used to be though. GPS works great in cities but in mountains not so good. our last trip we missed a turn. I'm the co pilot and it looked like the road we wanted but road number was wrong. we went past but back tracked after a mile or two since no other road existed. one of the few times I had to correct a road atlas. GPS had it wrong too.

did Stacked upper body and the extended stretch that was almost a yoga workout.

Last edited:
This morning I did P30 Low Impact HiiT and the Extended Stretch. That was 37 minutes and 208 calories burned.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDORNER Low Impact High Intensity and Raw Ab Circuits. That Ab workout sounds like a good one.

Cathy, great job with Hooked on PHA. I love PHA workouts. The milder weather is nice after so much heat. Our temperatures are lower here as well.

Hello to Valerie and Judy.

Today I did Kelly Coffey Super Sculpt workout # 1 using 2# dumbbells, 37 minutes, heart rate119/143, 165 calories, 3,197 steps. I did it from her raw channel but wanted to do the other workout on the dvd that had the step-up option instead of jumping. After I was done, I checked, and she did put that option separate from both workouts option on her raw channel. I didn't need to get out the dvd. I used 2# dumbbells for the boxing/upper segments and 10's for the step ups. So, workout 2 with step ups which is workout 3 on the dvd, 37 minutes, heart rate 117/150, 172 calories, 3,332 steps. Total time was 74 minutes, 337 calories, 6,529 steps.

Cathy, we have the differences with the car seat as well. If I know my husband is going to drive my car I try to make sure the seat is back otherwise he has a problem getting in to adjust. I rarely drive his vehicle and would rather not. I am not comfortable with it. Great job matching Cathe on some of the Hooked on PHA.

Valerie, my daughter has drop out areas when she calls me when driving. Since we switched to TMobile I have a terrible time with my cell phone. My daughter says me and her friend that has the Android phone both are ones she has problems with calling. I don't dare try to send an emoji with a text either as it is more than likely to fail. I never had that problem with my other phone and ATT.

Carolyn, nice work with P30 Low Impact Hiit and extended stretch.

Just finished Live High Intensity Cardio Step. A good workout. Not as intense as the Intensity DVD which is okay with me as I usually opt for premixes on that one. LOL Cool and rainy today. High will be 66! Gift shop told Derek not to come in today. Fortunately before he left. His boss knows he lives a ways away, but the zoo doesn't always give them the message to call off until it's too late and he's on his way or already there.

Valerie it's very rare that our grass doesn't stay green. For one it's mostly not actually grass, and second we get a lot of heavy dew which actually seems to water everything enough to stay green even when we aren't getting rain. Great job with Stacked Upper Body and the extended stretch.

Carolyn nice job with P30 Low Impact HiiT and the Extended Stretch.

Diane Sue great job with Super Sculpt. I'm not a fan of my husband's car either, and glad I only have to drive it a few times a year. Hoping by next spring Derek has a car to drive then I won't ever need to drive it.

cathy our "lawn" not 100% grass either. some parts are grass but we get a serious amount of moss. I hate lawns but its better than rampant weeds so it gets mowed and gives us a walking surface. in july and august it hardly ever needs mowing. it dries out to dead. a bit of rain and it greens up and grows. we have shrubs and trees so everything else is green. summer humidity is low. we dont get morning dew much.

I've had an issue with my back the last few days triggered by who knows what. sticking to upper body or core work for a few more days. still waiting on test results, plus the PO held mail supposed to be delivered friday. now have to trudge down there on monday.

I never used to have issues with cars. the last few years designs have favored tall people. it takes a lot of fiddling to get the seat high enough and close enough to the pedals. I don't like to drive our newer subaru. its fine when I get things all moved around but DH complains mightily when he has to shift everything back.

Today is a rest day. I had the investment club meeting today then I went to Sprouts and The Fresh Market. Yesterday there was a one car accident at the end of my street that took out my neighbor’s brick mailbox. The driver was a young man/teenager who somehow hit the mailbox, swerved in the mud and ran up the curb. He really ruined one side of his car. This morning I encountered another accident on my way home. Again, a residential area. There was a man lying on the ground in a yard and people trying to direct traffic around the stopped cars. I think one of the cars hit the pedestrian. I don’t know what’s going on!! It seems like both were instances of distracted driving but I’m not sure. I was glad to get home.

Diane Sue, nice job with KCM Super Sculpt workouts. I have that dvd but have never done the workout.

Cathy, great job with Live High Intensity Cardio Step. That’s good that the zoo let Derek know that he shouldn’t come in ahead of time.

Valerie, great job with Stacked Sets Upper Body and the Extended Stretch. I considered adding it to my workout when I did Stacked Sets Upper earlier this week. It is a very yoga style stretch.

Waving hello to Judy. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.