Pentagenarians & Beyond: September 27, 2026

Good morning. I'm feeling a lot better today. i really felt awful yesterday, a combo of the very difficult drive and sitting and bouncing for 13 hours. plus the UTI. i had a terrible night sleep too. i didnt have proof yet it was a UTI but i was quite sure. when i was a little kid i had a lot of infections but grew out of it by time i was 8 or 9.
 
Today I did Jane Adams Yoga for 18 minutes. Saturday was my rest day. My daughter arrived for a long weekend.

Valerie, I’m glad that you’re feeling better today. It sounds like you had a nice trip and visit with your friends.

Judy, great job with your Peloton walk and Peloton Upper Body.

Cathy, great job on Pyramid Pump Upper Body, Live Advanced Step Choreography, and LiTE To the Mat.

Hello to Shannon.
 
Field mice are always an issue in Montana. we have brought them home with us in our car and our truck. hidden somewhere in the engine or underneath somewhere. we put mesh screen on some of the vents to prevent it, b ut its not 100%. they can get inside the passenger area easily from the frame so its smart to catch them before this happens. this time after Dh had taken the camper off and parked the Ford 350 truck, Puss was busy working the truck from underneath. finally DH opened the hood and set Puss up on the top of the fender. he went right to work, walking around on top of the engine and reaching down wherever he could. ( truck had not been running and was not hot.) unfortunately no luck. mice can chew up wires and one time some rodent ate the bottom out of the windshield washer fluid container. cost several hundred dollars labor to replace it because it was hard to reach. we park in the garage when we can but the camper is way too tall to fit. we ended up setting up mouse traps instead but it was hilarious to watch him try!
 
Good morning, ladies. This is going to be a busy week with several commitments after work. Let’s see, I need to go clear back to Friday. Friday ended up being a rest day because I needed to get groceries and didn’t want to do it on Saturday. Saturday I did a six-mile power walk, and man was it hard. Sunday I lifted weights PHA-style. This morning I took some comp time (lots of overtime at work lately) and did a 5-mile power walk.

Power walking is an extremely inefficient use of the human body, LOL. I go as fast as I can, but I just hit a wall. I really pushed it on Saturday and then calculated my time and speed. A 15-minute mile, or 4 mph, is considered the beginning of power walking. I averaged 4.1 mph. I think I was going faster sometimes, but I just couldn’t maintain it. I can go faster on the treadmill, but of course the belt provides assistance, and it also offers a lot more give than a hard asphalt road!

Judy – nice work on all your workouts. You are very consistent, and it seems like you fit a lot into each day.

Cathy – Oooh, Live Advanced Step Choreography sounds fun! You’re so lucky that you can still do step. So, did you go to the zoo?

Valerie – Your drive home sounds awful, especially with a UTI. I’ll bet you’re glad to be out of the car! I’m sorry your back limits your hiking. I remember you’d do some awesome hikes when I first started posting a while back.

Carolyn – Your weekend sounds very relaxing with yoga and a visit from your daughter.
 
Today I did KCM’s Cardio Fit Cardio Kickbox, no weights. That was 21 minutes, 135 calories burned, average heart rate 123, and maximum heart rate 158. Then I did Step Boss Chair Stretch for 16 minutes.

Shannon, great job with power walking and PHA style weights. I‘m enjoying having a relaxing weekend with my daughter. This is the first time since losing my husband in February and my youngest daughter in April that we haven’t been drowning in grief.

Valerie, that field mouse problem can become expensive when they chew through vehicle wiring. My husband had that happen on his truck several years ago.

Hello to Judy and Cathy.
 

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Top