Pentagenarians & Beyond: October 4, 2026

This morning I did Live Stretch and Flow.

Shannon I’m you need to stop walking on the road but better safe than sorry.

Valerie, my sister enjoys the animals around them, including a number of regular deer, but she’s in a constant battle with them over her flowers and shrubs.
 
Last edited:
This morning I did Jane Adams Yoga for 18 minutes. Saturday was my rest day. I went to the Farmer’s Market for produce. It was raining but it stopped by the time I got there.

I’ve been trying to keep up with what is happening with Cathe’s business but was somewhat confused. I see now that another company has taken over the gym but she will still use the studio for Cathe Live.

Shannon, walking on the street can be dangerous. I’m glad that you were okay.

Cathy, nice job with Live Stretch and Flow.

Hello to Valerie and Judy.
 
We rode the trail this morning for 1.5 hours. it was foggy to start and cold but got sunny as we finished. fishing has opened on the river where we see salmon this time of year but we have not seen a one yet. we take time to look but some years are better fish runs than others.

Shannon we have the same issues when riding on regular roads. drivers are simply not paying as much attention as they should be and some folks are impaired too. We stick to the trail most of the time but there are several road crossings on it that are potentially dangerous. we never ever assume drivers will stop just because they are supposed to. some blow thru those intersections at high speed but even low speed could be deadly. defensive walking is as important as defensive riding. i hope you don't use headphones or ear buds. being unable to hear makes it doubly dangerous. it bothers me when i pass people listening to music or even talking on the phone while walking. they aren't paying attention. sometimes its fine but not always.
 
Last edited:
Yesterday I did a 45-minute Peloton Ride and today I did 40 minutes of walking with my husband. I am starting to feel some improvement with my sciatica but I’m being very cautious with exercise right now. After a couple more weeks I will try to add more strength work back in.

Cathy-I hope you and your family are doing ok. Nice job with Live Stretch and Flow.

Carolyn-Great job with Jane Adams Yoga. I saw some of Cathe’s Facebook posts about the changes at her gym. I hope everything goes smoothly for her and her crew.

Valerie-Great job with your trail ride.

Shannon-I’m sorry about your close call with the car. That is scary. I used to have a route that included a long road that didn't have a sidewalk. I had a couple of close calls and no longer use that route.
 

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Top