Pentagenarians & Beyond: 10/6/2024

This morning I did Rev’d Up Rumble which was 41 minutes and 277 calories burned. Average heart rate was 129 and maximum heart rate was 157.

Cathy, walking at the zoo and shopping are a different kind of workout. Necessary but not the same as your formal workouts. Sorry about the expensive day. I’ve had a few of those recently.

Valerie, great job with your hike. I’m sorry that the insurance company won’t pay for the continued injections. I hope that the alternative works.

Diane Sue, great job with CDorner Step, STS 2 Metabolic Core Warm up, and CDorner foam roller.

Hello to Judy.

it seems the gel shots have always been suspect because they work for some and not others. so thi is not personal for me, but the whole treatment protocol has been discontinued by this surgical group it was something I last did in winter about Feb. my knee looks pretty awful on xray but it has for a long time so if this helps me keep going another 6 months, great. I'm resigned to needing some sort of knee surgery. full or partial replacement.

Good afternoon. Today is my rest day. I had my investment club meeting this morning. Now I’m doing a little food preparation. I plan to make bean burgers for dinner but I’m out of buns. So I have my dough kneading and rising in the bread machine and will make the buns after the dough is ready.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Yesterday I did IMAX 3 combos, SB Bonus Abs and STS Disk 4. Today I did a barre workout I put together. DH was gone all day, so I went through all the cupboards/pantry in the kitchen and reorganized and disappeared things. My sister's power in FL is back on and their insurance company did a drone flyover, so they can see no major damage. Her son and his wife started heading back from Raleigh yesterday, but traffic was so heavy headed for FL that they ended up stopped last night and they are still 4 hours out. Her car is in the garage at my sisters so they will head there and can do a check around the outside places that the flyover didn't get. Their power is back, too.

Valerie that sounds like a great hike. I hope you are able to figure out something to help your knee.

Diane Sue great job with CDorner

Carolyn great job with Rev’d Up Rumble.

Hi Judy.

We did a road ride this morning, our usual one for 15 miles. really pretty out but cold. winter clothing since it was 42 when we started and the trail goes a few miles that are always much colder. warmed up by the return but still not warm. we potentially can ride all year here but if it gets icy or snowy we dont. skinny tires and ice aren't good. leaves are falling and the big leaf maples are huge..... each leaf is bigger than a dinner plate!. a million of them on the trail makes it hard to see true obstacles. they will sweep the trail but not until most of the leaves are down.

my florida friends got thru things ok. hopefully that's it for the year.

cathy its just worn our with no cartilage left under the patella. its been gone for a long time but I have been able to keep things moving although I dont do squats or lunges, , anything that makes funny noises. regular walking and riding are ok. we will see about the PRP hopefully soon.

leaves

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.