Peak Fit Challenge/Michelle Dozois - For Advanced Exercisers?

Well I caved. I ordered the Peak fit System this morning. I've been in such a workout rut and this looked like a good solid program. I too get great results from cardio/light weight DVDs like the old Firms.

I am hoping someone can say if they did lose with it!! I ordered two of the new ones called remix but I am wanting to hear the results from the system so I can buy. So let me know how u like them when u get them please!!

Hi Renee,

My two cents here...these workouts are fun and challenging, at least the Peak 10 ones that I have, but I don't know if you're going to see any results that are markedly different than what you're getting with Cathe, as they are similar in style and function, for the most part. The weight ones are somewhat similar to Cathe's metabolic workouts, where you use weights and compound moves to amp up the cardio effect, and the interval ones are based around increasing intensity in combos and then having an intense blast at the end, like IMAX. I think these are great workouts that will certainly give you variety, as there some new moves, but the style of workouts is already in your repertoire.

It's my personal opinion that if you have a clean diet, are watching portions, cutting cals, working out and not getting results, you may want to change up your regimen completely with new types of workouts that are totally unique from what your body is already programmed to do, then see if you change your outcomes. This is assuming your desired results are realistic for your body type and genetic predisposition.

Eva

I am hoping someone can say if they did lose with it!! I ordered two of the new ones called remix but I am wanting to hear the results from the system so I can buy. So let me know how u like them when u get them please!!

I will keep you posted Renee! I'm having some issues with my shoulder/ back currently and my Chiro wants me to lay off the upper body training :-( I hate being injured. But my Peak workouts will arrive Monday! Yeah!!
Amy

My Two Cents

I just started week 3 of the Peak Fit Challenge. I do like Michelle Dozois and have several of her older DVDs. So far I think these only have a cardio benefit for me. I'm already losing muscle, quite significantly! I am someone who responds best to splits and heavy weight training. I always lose muscle when I do total body workouts exclusively (even Cathe's). The cardio is very high/lo/kickbox which I enjoy but unfortunately EVERY workout is the same style. I like more variety than that so I'm getting bored already. My lower back has been sore from the daily high impact exercises.

I keep looking at the muscles on the background exercisers and wonder how they possibly could have achieved them through these workouts. I totally agree with Clare's description of moving quickly from lower to upper body with the same weight with the weight being too heavy for upper body.

I think the cardio/strength workouts are the toughest and are the equivalent in type to Afterburn, Cardio Supersets, etc.

So after this rant, I think I'm going to have to mix up the program and bring in some weight work from Cathe. I do think there are some good workouts here; I just don't like the overall program very much. It is hard to find something that truly compares to Cathe.

Barbara

Thank you!! I was wondering if it would be the same thing over and over. The strength DVD I did yesterday was good but I need to go up in weight next time yet wondered if I go up will my form be good. I was thinking It may be the same thing over and over so when I bought it I thought if this happens I would add Cathes upper body wo and lower splits. I get bored easy!! So I think I'll give it a go but I also will keep what u said in mind so I can be prepared lol I will see and ill come back and tell ya what I think as well!

My biggest issue with these workouts is momentum: you can't possibly build muscle when you're flinging the weights around at the speed she is. While I like them and they're very FIRM-esque (the old FIRM's anyway), I will never do them as part of the intended program.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.