Pause for pie!

spyrosmom

Cathlete
I have a fresh blueberry pie in the oven. Yum!!! Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from the oven. And I am off to do DM (to make room for pie:p) The best part is the pie will be done before DM is done so I will have to pause to go check the pie. A pie AND and a pause??? Life is good!

Nan

mmmm blueberries

Can I come over to your house tonight? I bet your house smells delicious.

I made a blueberry pie for the fourth. Sadly it is long gone. Two slices in my belly in two days. DH ate quite a bit and the rest we sent over to our neighbors.

This was the second time in my life that I tried a homemade crust, I usually use the store bought. I made a huge mess and it looked like a flour bomb went off in my kitchen. Of course, DH said "See that was not so bad". He loved the homemade crust so now I am stuck doing the homemade route from not on. But that's okay since he is such a good guy.

Enjoy!
Annette

mmmmm... blueberry. They wouldn't happen to be Michigan blueberries would they?? :D My mom and step Dad go there every year. They usually pick bb's and bring some for me. mmmmm Blueberries.... excuse me while I sop up the drool off my keyboard

Last edited:
Now I'm going to have a hnkering for pie Nan!! MMMMMMmmmmmm Sounds so good. Church picnic Sunday so I'm sure there's bound to be a slice or two of some sort of pie there!!

Oh Nan! We (my DDs and MIL and I) just picked blueberries today!!!! I just love blueberry pie!!!! Blueberries make such wonderful pies.... but then they are so good right off the bush and in smoothies...!!! But pies!!! :p:p I have made a quick pie cooking them on the stove top and using a springform pan and gingersnap crust!!!! Talk about heaven on a plate :eek:

I love pie - pecan pie (Southern Girl, here), apple pie, cherry pie, rhubarb pie, blackberry pie, chocolate pecan pie (my absolute favorite), peach pie, lemon chiffon pie . . . need I go on?

But, alas, my DH is not a fan of pie, so I never make it because I refuse to eat a whole pie by myself (I would if it were there), plus, I'm so hard on myself about everything that taking it in to my co-workers is out of the question! I wouldn't feel it was good enough!

Sigh, I miss pie . . .

Tricia

Tricia! Oh man, my DH is the opposite of yours -- he LOVES pie of any kind! He eats it for breakfast and feeds it to my DDs with ice cream!!!! For breakfast :eek::eek: And I am the worst of the worst pie crust makers, so I don't make pie very often! :(

Maybe you can make pies for my DH ????? ;):p

Tricia! Oh man, my DH is the opposite of yours -- he LOVES pie of any kind! He eats it for breakfast and feeds it to my DDs with ice cream!!!! For breakfast :eek::eek: And I am the worst of the worst pie crust makers, so I don't make pie very often! :(

Maybe you can make pies for my DH ????? ;):p

That's a deal! As long as I get one piece of each! ;):eek:

Tricia

OOOOO!!! I love blueberry pie. One of my favorites. MMM. Wish you can give me a piece. I'm joking. You and your friends and family enjoy it. You deserve it.

Take care.

Warmly,

I love to make pie too!

Blackberry peach pie and apple pie are my specialties, but I might just have to make a cherry pie today!
:D

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.