Party Rockin' Step #2 Review

Cruncholi

Cathlete
Party Rockin' Step #2 (50 minutes) Review: I absolutely love PRS#2! The are 6 fun combos and a challenge at the end that puts all 6 together. I was incredibly sweaty by the end and that was only on 6 inches (I'm 5'6" so 8 inches is my norm). Combo 2 is so fun and features "memory lane repeaters," with a remix of Madonna's "Get into the Groove"!! Actually there are many trips down memory lane in PRS#2 but in new and interesting combos. It's like the Girl Scout song "Make new friends, but keep the old...1 is silver and the other's gold" :). I am really enjoying all the 80s music that I grew up with (the Aerosmith remix in Rockout Knockout that I caught on a teaser clip is really calling my name). Get ready to sweat, breathe hard, burn calories and have a good time doing it.

I just did this one and yes it's a Sweatfest!:D

Some fancy footwork but not overly hard to follow, well until the end when we do all the combos and I can't remember what we did that far back (and yes it was only less than 1hr ago and I've already forgotten the steps:eek:)

I just did this one and yes it's a Sweatfest!:D

Some fancy footwork but not overly hard to follow, well until the end when we do all the combos and I can't remember what we did that far back (and yes it was only less than 1hr ago and I've already forgotten the steps:eek:)

Wait till you try PRS#1, the finished product I find harder because there are no knees corner to corner between each combo. She just moves from one to the next and the foot work is a little trickier in those step combos, but a lot of fun. I love both step workouts.

Saving these two, PRS #1 & 2 for last because I know I'll want to stick with them until I get them.

I think I'll be calling this the Party Rock Series! :eek:

Thanks for reviews. :D

Saving these two, PRS #1 & 2 for last because I know I'll want to stick with them until I get them.

I think I'll be calling this the Party Rock Series! :eek:

Thanks for reviews. :D

PRS #2 had is easier to learn, but has more "power" moves in it.

Thanks...I'll do that one first. :)

...and I did today, it took a while to find my groove & I did rewind more than a few times, it was all good though, ended up a sweaty mess. I wondered if I'd like these as much on separate DVDs and I think you get two really good dvd & sequence, that you can extend out to 10 combos, I like that. Looking forward to TIFTT & getting the whole way through without stopping. That might take a few tries but that's the fun part.

...and I did today, it took a while to find my groove & I did rewind more than a few times, it was all good though, ended up a sweaty mess. I wondered if I'd like these as much on separate DVDs and I think you get two really good dvd & sequence, that you can extend out to 10 combos, I like that. Looking forward to TIFTT & getting the whole way through without stopping. That might take a few tries but that's the fun part.

I think the next time I do this step, I'm going to try one of the mix step premixes. I think I might try the extreme 8 combo. I'm still working on PRS#1 and getting the footwork down on that one, so I'm not sure when I'll try the mix combos. But it's so much fun knowing that the options are there and working up to them.

PRS 2 is so much fun!!

Wasn't sure how I would do with the Party Rockin Step videos, since I tend to have 2 or more left feet!! But this was a great pace, excellent cuing to help remember (very important for me). I loved the music, so motivating, and yes, a great sweat fest. Great workout, I loved it and will look forward to PRS 1. Thank you, thank you:)

Party Rockin' Step # 2 was a lot fun!! It was fast-paced and easy to follow. I really liked the fresh twist on familiar moves. The music was upbeat, energetic, and it kept me moving. And after having been a Cathlete for more than 12 years, every time she asked if I was tired yet, the answer was YES!:p

Thank you, Cathe for another workout that I will cherish.

Wendy

Did this one today for the first time. Very fun, not too hard to learn (did a bit of rewinding but not much) and a great workout. Loved the box squats into power jacks and Combo 6 was also short but super fun. I added on a few of the bonus combos included on the DVD, mostly just to try and learn the moves on them. Great workout!

Hi all

I did this one yesterday and today. Really love it. I'm starting the October rotation on Sunday, so I may add this onto the biceps/tricep days. Also I'm looking forward to step 1, although I think I'll do that one combo at a time.

Laura
xx

I absolutely LOVE this workout! Combos were easy to learn, good music, and it left me sweaty when I finished (which, to me, always signals a great workout)!

I tried Party Rockin' Step #1, but by the time I got to the second combo gave up rather easily. Unfortunately, I was nervous about that one from the beginning and had already decided (before I even started) which workout I would do if I couldn't get the footwork down. Next time I'll try to get through more combos before giving up so easily.

Apparently I'm a klutz, because I didn't find this very easy to follow, especially combos 2 & 3. I think it will be fun once I learn it, but it was confusing in several places to me. Now I'm scared of PRS 1. I found myself loving the power 7 breaks, because even thought they're physically hard, they give my brain a little break from figuring out which foot I'm supposed to be on. Am I the only one?

Apparently I'm a klutz, because I didn't find this very easy to follow, especially combos 2 & 3. I think it will be fun once I learn it, but it was confusing in several places to me. Now I'm scared of PRS 1. I found myself loving the power 7 breaks, because even thought they're physically hard, they give my brain a little break from figuring out which foot I'm supposed to be on. Am I the only one?

No, you aren't the only one, of course not, the great thing about step though is, once you get it, you've got it, it's not like you're going to un-learn anything, even if you have been away from it for a while, it comes back. PRS #1 is challenging, it's quick, there's lots of turns and the finished product, let's just say that's going to take some work, for me anyway. :p There's nothing better than getting it right and then cleaning it all up so you can really work it! Even just learning them is a super sweat fest.

They're both winners in my book!

:rolleyes: of course there are those days when my legs just don't want to cooperate, then I can't wait to take another crack at it.

I did PRS#2 tonight and I really loved it ! I picked it instead of #1 because it seemed easier and I never preview like I should . Sure , I missed a few steps but had a blast and was totally drenched by the end . I loved the music and Cathe is so happy and having so much fun that it's hard to not feel the same way !

LOVE the PRS #2 warm up song!

Love the first song from the warm up.... "Gold" Britt Nicole. Course I sing the real words but love that she picked this song. I may do this as all my warm-ups for a while!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.