P90X, P90X+ and STS with EZ Gym?

All those pull ups that are part of the workout - especially P90X where I don't have something to do chin pull ups with so I use the bands. I could use this?

Hi Shaan! I actually think this is pretty cool especially if you don't want to spend the money or have space for the power tower and you can do alot of different exercises. I'm currently doing P90X (just waiting on STS;-) and for chin-ups, pull-ups I open a door and throw my tubes over the top so they would be laying on the door hinge....I sit in the floor and stradle the door and pull-down. It works really great BUT...be sure to put a little towel or paper towel on the door hinge or it will rip your tube or band. You could try this...it has the same basic idea as the EZ Gym and you'll be able to see if you want it before paying the money.

Hope this helps a little!

>I open a door and throw my tubes over the
>top so they would be laying on the door hinge....I sit in the
>floor and stradle the door and pull-down. It works really
>great BUT...be sure to put a little towel or paper towel on
>the door hinge or it will rip your tube or band.

Or be safer and buy a door attachment from www.sissel-online.com .

Hi Shaan,

Here is another option: http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=000-94127&AFFIL=gail22

Someone from this site sent me this link also. I am thinking about it. It has a door anchor that comes with it (whether your door opens to the inside or outside and then you have other options as well). They also have bundles. I haven’t purchased it yet but am strongly thinking about it. I will check out the other links listed to this post as well. Would like to know what you think.

Kathryn, SirenSongWoman, or Goldenpath

I cannot find the door attachment on sssel.com. Do you actually see it when you click on the link. When I put door attachment in the search box it actually just showed me the fit band. HELP!

>Kathryn, SirenSongWoman, or Goldenpath
>
>I cannot find the door attachment on sssel.com. Do you
>actually see it when you click on the link. When I put door
>attachment in the search box it actually just showed me the
>fit band. HELP!
>
I'd do it now, but I can't get on to their site.
I clicked the link Debbie gave, but I get a "cannot open this window" message.

I'll try again later and see if I can find it (in the meantime, make sure you have the right URL: www.sissel-online.com ).

I remember it was hard to find (but SOOOO worth it! I bought more than one, because they're inexpensive, and because otherwise, the shipping cost is much more than the product!). I looked around in resistance bands, and finally found it. I think it might come up under "door anchor".

http://www.sissel-online.ca/models/1207_tda-100.php

This is a picture of the fit band with the door attachment being the black thing. If you scroll down to the list of items, the door attachment is the last one costing $4.98.

This the model description
Model Description: Safely and securely holds Sissel™ Fit Band and Sissel™ Fit-Tubes to a closed door so you can work on strenghtening and flexibility without hassle.

I wish I knew how to post the picture but I don't - sorry

Iam unable to visualize how I can use this. all I see is a pink tube and a black roll of some sort.

BUT HEY ... thanks for the sissel website - they seem to have great stuff there, I will check it out - hopefully someone can point me to a better picture of the door attachment and I will be able to save $80 (that's half the cost of STS!!!). LOL

You put the black door attachment into your door hinge & close the door. The pink thing in the picture is just a piece of sample tubing.

I highly recommend heavy (thick) tubing for back work.

Debra

The black part that looks like a roll of tape is on the other side of the door, and stops the loop from sliding through the door. That's what makes it an anchor. Think of an actual roll of tape, and then unroll a little part. The tubing will be connected to the end of the little part, the rest of the little part will be in the door frame and the roll will be on the other side of the door.

You slide your tube through the loop on your side of the door and then can do whatever exercise you need without fear of the loop slipping out of the door.

Wow I don't think any of that made sense! Sorry! :) I think it cost about $6 or $7. Waaay cheaper than what SS was marketing! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.