P90X January Starters, Wednesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
CLASSIC/PHASE 3/WEEK 10/DAY 3

Hey X'ers!

It's Cathe leg work and possibly a step class at the gym for today/tonight. I will probably be doing B&G in some form or another. I feel a good burn comin' on!!! LOL }(

I'll be back later chicas!:*

Morning Ladies ..
(phase 3 - week 11 - day 3 - my version classic)

Not as sore as I expected from the push up torture tape .. but a little stiff .. my legs are still sore from my own class Monday .. ??? did some classic leg work w/different speeds and angles .. must have worked .. LOL!!!!

Today is supposed to be plyo or yoga .. but I am subbing my own leg work today .. b/c I missed it last week .. then I may fit in a short run this afternoon .. canceled my class the next 2 days b/c everyone is out on spring break .. I never get to run after work . . so I am going to try to do that today and take advantage of our 78 degree weather ..

Hey .. GMA had a peice on this morning about the trick to weight/fat loss was not so much cardio but building muscle .. seems the X theory is catching on!!! I have always tried to tell my students that .. but everyone thinks cardio .. cardio .. cardio .. I have always beleive the reason I can eat like I do is b/c of the muscle I have on my body .. and the X is proving it too .. now others are catching on to this realization!! YAYAYAYAYAYA

Marcia .. see you have lost some according to your scale thingie .. CONGRATS!!!!:D

Angie .. just looking at that rotation yesterday made me hurt!! LOL

Diana .. I am going to tell you like I told Wendy .. you two are NOT allowed to quit or slack off .. that is an order .. you two girls motivate all of us!! Keep up the good work!!

Nancy .. glad you are feeling lean again .. and hope no bruises (besides the ego) from the tumble!!!:)

Ok .. I am going now .. will check in later with you ladies .. have a great day .. and great workouts!!!!
:7

Hey girls -

Laura, no bruises.....except the ego. My legs are fried today. I love the GS.

I'm so glad about what GMA had to report. I've only just worked muscles, for years. Mainly because I hate cardio and have no stamina. I have learned to like Kenpo and Plyo though because of the way it's set up, I guess. I wish I was able to see that piece. Maybe I can find it online.

Okay, I have a customer (a child with a stomach ache)...I'll be back later.

Nancy:)

Okay girls...I traded up B&G to give BBC Butt and Legs a shot! WOW! Great burn girls! GREAT BURN! The work out was very deceiving. When I previewed it I didn't think it would be really good but I was sweating and it was burning and OMG-great work out!}( }( }( I only did the weight portion though so I can't comment on the cardio.

I have to hit the showers now. I'll be back later!;)

Wendy .. dummy me here .. what is BBC butt and legs? who is it by??

I get so confused on some of the initials used to describe the workoutsx( ... guess I am showing my age .. LOL

Hi Ladies,

I'm off track and don't know what to do? I missed pushup/pullup torture on monday and now I've missed today's wt workout. Should I just do a Cathe total upper body workout tonight to get back on track?

I weighed in today and am down 1lb. I guess that is better than nothing.

Nancy-I love GS legs too. Sounds like you just lost your balance a tad. No Biggy!!

Poochy-I hate pushup/pullup torture as much as you and now I've missed it.

Wendy-you truly are an inspiration. Good work on getting all those workouts mapped out for the week.

Angie-thanks for the rotation. I saved it and will take a closer look after work.

Marcia-great job on the weight loss!!!! Keep up the good work.

Diana

Good evening crew

I can't believe I'm still sore from Monday's torture workout! My abs and lats were still screaming this morning. They are just wimpering now, after doing the L&B with ARX today. Those side crunches are killer}(

Laura - 78 degrees?? I'm so jealous. I hope you had a good run. It's supposed to snow on Friday;( I'm ready for spring and a good thunderstorm I love storms!!;-) But, not like the ones you just had over your way.:-(

Nancy - GS workouts are tough. I'll be doing those next week! How'd that tummy ache go? Are you a school nurse?

Wendy - How long is BBC? Is there any equipment needed? Do you like it? Is Barry annoying or pretty easy to tolerate? I've never done a Barry workout, so fill me in. :D

Diana - congrats on the 1 pound loss! I would be thrilled with that - the slower you lose it, the more likely it will be to stay off! Way to go:)

Marcia - where are ya?

Angie

>>>Wendy - How long is BBC? Is there any equipment needed? Do you like it? Is Barry annoying or pretty easy to tolerate? I've never done a Barry workout, so fill me in.<<<

BBC is 30 mins of weight work. The cardio is either treadmill or non-treadmill and I think both versions are 20-30 mins a piece so the full work out is 60 mins or less. There is a different instructor for each work out so I can't comment on that part of it. The instructor for butt and legs was okay though. I don't really pay much attention to that stuff though. I have to like the guts of the work out and if I do I can put up with most anything else. :7 They do alot of work on a step bench with 4 risers under each side but I did it with 3 under each side cause that all I had. You could do alot of it on the floor as well. You need dumbells for the weight work. That's it as far as I know. HTH! :)

>Hi Ladies,
>
>I'm off track and don't know what to do? I missed
>pushup/pullup torture on monday and now I've missed today's wt
>workout. Should I just do a Cathe total upper body workout
>tonight to get back on track?

Diana, If I were you I would start w/chest and back tmrw and go from there or do "filler" work outs until you can get back on track but I wouldn't skip the work outs all together. JMO though. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.