P90X January starters, Sunday

nancy156

Cathlete
Classic/Phase 2/Week 4/Recovery Week/Day 1

Good morning! I was surprised this wasn't started yet. Are you sleeping in Wendy?

I did Stretch X yesterday instead of rest. I like that. But today..oh, the dreaded Yoga. I'll give it my all.

I don't know what I'm going to do in place of Core Synergistics. I think it hurt my tailbone last time so I'm afraid of it. Any suggestions?

Okay, have a nice, lazy Sunday. I had a nice, lazy Saturday so I'm looking to get out of here today. I get cabin fever easily.

I'll be back.

Nancy

CLASSIC/PHASE 2/WEEK 7/DAY 7

Good Morning Nancy and all Xers who follow!

LOL, Nancy...nope, wasn't sleeping. I can't believe it but I forgot to start the check-in! :eek:

I blew off my work out (run) y'day so I guess I took my rest day a day early. Today I made up for it though. I purchased a new Itread work out which is 25 minutes of sprints. It's 6 sprints and 6 recoveries so I hit the TM and did that and then ran on my own for an additional 30 minutes for a total of 5 miles. AWESOME work out!}(

Tomorrow I begin recovery but I will be adding cardio to it this time. I think I will do 2 runs and a Cathe cardio perhaps instead of Kenpo...not sure yet though. It kind of depends on how much time I have. I am going away this coming weekend so I may have to make some adjustments to my schedule...like doubling up work outs to fit it all in...

Nancy, Good luck w/the yoga. Keep at. It'll get better and better...:)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Sounds like you had a great workout, Wendy!!!

Going anywhere good next weekend? I wish I were going somewhere soon!! (preferably Disney) I'm a kid at heart and I love the hustle and bustle of that place!!!! I need to see every inch each time we go. What fun!!!!! Maybe next year.........

Nancy

Hey Nancy.

I'm going to an adult version of Disney...Atlantic City, baby!}( :+ }( I'm going with my best friend. It's a long over-due getaway for us. We've both been so dang busy we hardly get to hang out anymore so we finally decided to set aside 1 weekend and just do it! Should be lots of fun. I can't wait!!!!:) :) :)

I haven't been to Disney in several years. The last time I went was with the guy I was dating prior to my DH so that was about 8 years ago I guess! We hope to get there when DS is about 4 years old. :)

I am trying to think of a good w/o to do in place of core syn but I really don't know...Do you know which exercise you hurt yourself doing? If so, just skip it!

Well, I just finished my lunch (veggie burger and 1 slice of cheese on ww bread) so I must get to cleaning now...

BBL! :)

Wendy

Nice getaway! I'm about 2 hours from AC. I don't really go to often although we head down the Jersey shore often during the summer I never quite make it that far. I don't like losing money either.

I do love friends getaways though!!!!! A friend of mine owns a house on Hunter Mountain and every fall about 5 - 6 of us get together for the weekend there. I love getting away like that - just the girls.

Is your DH going or is it just the girls?

Nancy

Just finished Legs and Back with some plank work afterwards. I will get to ARX probably later in the afternoon. I just wanted to check-in quick - I'm on my way to finally get groceries now that we are plowed out and can move. ;-)

Oh Yeah - Lovin P90X - Oh Yeah.......:7 :7 :7

Wendy - A girl's trip sounds like fun - ENJOY yourself, you deserve a getaway.

Nancy - I'm with you, I'm not much of a gambler either, after about $20 I can't stand it anymore and have to look for other forms of entertainment. :) (which I usually do ;-) )

Have a great afternoon, girls - I'm hoping to get back later.

Marcia.

Hi all

Ahhhhhhhh - rest day today. I was/am so tempted to do AllStep (one of my fav's) or something just to see how my cardio stamina is....I think it has taken a nose dive, but I really want to do a Cathe sooooooo bad!!! I opted not to because I don't want to overdo and mess up my workouts for next week. I think I really need to make sure I have a rest day.:-(

Nancy - maybe you could do CoreSyn and just sub in exercises for the ones that are hard on your tailbone? I like the variety of exercises in this one. Or maybe do ARX with a section of coremax?

Wendy - Running and Cathe too?? You amaze me. You must have legs of steel. Have fun on your trip. My buddy and I went on a trip to Cancun about 10 years ago and we had a ball! Trips with buddies are just sooo much fun!

Marcia - that storm missed us completely - not a snowflake to be seen. I'm in northern MI. I heard that everyone south of us got hit pretty hard. I was kinda looking forward to it. I love storms, but hate power outages}( We are going to get a home generator installed this summer. We don't lose power all that often, but I just hate it so much that it will be worth it for us to be prepared. It's so fun to see your enthusiasm on P90X:) Glad you like it.

Have a great day all!! ;-)

Angie

That's not what I wanted to hear girls!!! Sub the exercises that hurt!! I wanted you to tell me to toss it in the garbage, lol. Core Syn is tough - it's probably why I don't REALLY want to do it. Though you're all probably right - it was probably one or two of the exercises that hurt me. OK, I'll do it...thanks for nothing, lol!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I don't like losing money. Burns a hole in my stomach. My friend just went for a few days over Valentine's Day. She went with a bunch of girls. They gambled just a little, ate a lot, saw some shows and took a side trip to Philly where a King Tut exhibit was showing.

Yeah...I would like to do a Cancun trip with the girls. DH would probably lose his mind even though he does a motorcycle trip with the guys every year (and I can imagine what they turn out to be).

We're waiting for the storm to hit here in NYC too although they say it will be a mix it's supposed to continue into tomorrow evening. I was off all week (school mid-winter recess) and now that we have to go back, a storm hits. Mayor Bloomberg never closes the schools so I'll have to trudge in. I live on Staten Island, a mainly residential borough with no underground rail system so it's mainly getting around by car. So, although most NYCers will have few problems, we always do.

Okay, have a great day.

Nancy

Hey Everyone,

I did Cardio Fusion mix & match premix today. It's an 80 min cardio fun fun fun cardio workout.

Phase 3 starts tomorrow for me and I'm ready!!

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.