P90X Grads and Nancy Happy Saturday Folks! : )

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey there ladies! :)

I have spin and yoga on tap today but that is changing fast. The arthritis in my neck started flaring up last night. I took medication and will see how I feel around 7:30 this morning. I may still be able to handle spin but for yoga I need to be at 100% and this usually takes a couple of days to completely go away. x(

Hope everyone has a good day!

Morning, ladies :)

Today'll be DM - the cardio & u/b premix. My legs finally get a break! *lol*

Wendy ~ sorry about the flare-up...how often do you get them? I have arthritis in one of my big toes (roll eyes here), and that can actually be a bit uncomfortable sometimes - I can't imagine how debilitating it must be when you have it in your neck! **positive healing vibes comin' your way** Feel better!

Hi to everyone else! Have a great Saturday! Be back in a bit
Cathy :)

"I always loved running...You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
-Jesse Owens

Cathy: Have fun with DM. I think your legs deserve a break finally! Are you enjoying working the legs alot? I enjoyed doing my loose interpretation of freestyle when I did it but it was time consuming b/c I was tacking on a leg work out to ALMOST EVERY work out!
My neck flares up only occassionally thank goodness. It's been several months since the last one. Some flare-ups are worse then others. Sleeping doesn't help. I stiffen up. ACK!x(

So the tat is starting to get into it's UGLY phase! LOL It's drying up and beginning to peel. EEEEW! I took a pic of it brand new so I'll have to take a pic of it when it's in the throws of UGLY and then once it's all healed. :)

Hi Wendy,

Hope you don't mind me chimming in here. I just read your post about arthritis in your neck. I have narrowing of the cervical spine and have osteoathritis all over. My neck and back hurt me everyday. I've just started working out again with weights and cardio 2 weeks ago. What do you do for your pain. I can't take meds except for Motrin because I also have ulcerative colitis, and the meds cause a flare up there. UGH! Sorry to come on the thread with these questions when it has nothing to do with P90x, which all you ladies look great by the way! :)

Hi Sandy.

I have osteoarthritis in my neck. Thankfully it only bothers me on occasion.

I was prescribed the generic form of Relafen (spelling?). I hate taking it cause when I filled the prescription and the pharmacist handed me 2 pages of warnings I wanted to cry!:eek: I avoided taking it like the plague for a while but it's really the only thing that helps. If I take it for maybe 2 days once a flare-up starts that is usually enough to kick it to the curb.

I've tried taking ibuprofen but it doesn't seem to do anything for me. Does the Motrin help you?

Wendy :: yeah, I am actually enjoying all the leg work. (I think I posted to you about that yesterday, maybe on the cheetah thread.) Thanks again for the suggestion to do weights first. I'm likin' it!...maybe you can get DH to give you a neck massage? Would that help or make it worse?...So is the tat itching now?

"I always loved running...You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
-Jesse Owens

Cathy: No, I am quite surprised that the tat really isn't itching at this point. Maybe it won't! Could I be so lucky?? LOL
I won't let DH touch my neck. I think he could make it worse. When this first happened I was given a prescription for PT to learn what exercises to do to prevent it or help it go away. I didn't go though! I know...I'm bad!:p

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for getting back with me. That's me with meds. I see the side effects and I'm so scared to take it, that I just suffer most of the time. The motrin helps but only for a little while. Nothing like a perscription for the osteoarthris meds would, but the ones I did try flared up my colitis. I've never tried the relafen, I am making an appt to see my bone and joint doctor because it has become worse. Glad to know the Relafen helps, so you just have to take it with a flare up...not everyday? Maybe I can talk to my doctor about that. Does it take the pain completely away? I work in an office where I sit all day at the computer. I do get up and walk around quite often though. Working out seems to help, but since I've just got back into it, I've noticed it has aggrivated my shoulders and back more so than my neck, which I find odd. I don't overdo it, I know my limits, starting gradually. I just finished slow and heavy chest and back. I don't use more than 15 lbs on any of these excersises. I appreciate the information. :)

I take the prescription ONLY when my arthritis flares up. It does not hurt all of the time but when it DOES hurt, it's pretty bad. The pain goes away completely usually after about 2 days on the meds. I hope you can find a med that will work for you and not bother your colitis.

Good morning ladies

I was so busy getting ready for the weekend that I didn't get my last load of laundry done until 1 am.x( I'm such a procrastinator! Anyways, b/c of that I didn't get up until 10:30 and now my kids are driving me crazy "to hurry up and let's go". I'm not moving until I get a couple of cups of coffee under my belt. I told them it's their own fault for not helping yesterday - am I bad or what?}(

I did GS BSB yesterday with ARX. I'm in the middle of trying to figure out my next month rotation. I should check out Cathe's new rotation. I've never followed a rotation that she's posted. I think I have been overdoing it with the upper body and I think I'm stalling my progress b/c of it. I think I need more rest days for the UB in order to get bigger guns.

Wendy - So sorry to hear about your neck problems. Does the weather aggrivate it? My aunt is the human barometer with her arthritis, but she has it everywhere and her fingers are deformed b/c of it. I feel so bad for people with it. I had a side effect to augmentin once which deposited microcrystals in my joints. I could hardly bend my fingers and couldn't even put my own shoes on. It was horrible! It took about 1-2 weeks to go away. My doc said that is how people with arthritis feel. I have a new found respect for folks who have to deal with it - it hurts!:(

Cathy - DM is a tough one. I'll bet your legs will be happy that you decided to leave them alone for a while, although DM is not exactly easy on the legs either. I think I'm gonna focus on the legs next week along with adding in more cardio. I haven't really gotten that figured out yet though. Have you noticed any difference with doing heavy legs?

Sandy - Welcome:) Sure hope you all can help each other out with the arthritis thing. I read once that eating grapes helps but I'm not sure if that is accurate or not. Too bad that the meds won't help you.:-(

Well - the kids are circling me like sharks. It looks like today will be rest day as I don't think they will let me get away with a w/o before we go. I tried to get my picture trail up and running - we'll see if it actually worked. It took a lot of courage to post these pics ladies.:D I'm not too proud of the before pics and I'm not exactly 100% proud of the after pics either but I'm hoping that maybe it can offer some encouragement to someone who is in the same "pear shaped" boat as I am. It's certainly a work in progress.

Have a great weekend all!:)

Angie

Hi ladies,

I have major cleanmax on tap for this weekend. I've barely been keeping up with the pickup and put away stuff. All 3 bathrooms need a good scrubbing, the house needs vacuumed, kitchen floor needs scrubbed. A good heavy duty house cleaning is what is needed. Oh, and lets not forget Jerod's room that I've had over 2 weeks to take care and haven't. Talk about procrastination. I plan on doing cardio this weekend and the Cardio Fusion Mix n Match premix is sounding good.

We are having a new bed delivered today. It will be so nice be able to vacuum behind the headboard. We've been in this house for 9 years and I'm a little worried about what we might find back there.

Wendy-sorry to hear your arthritis is flaring up. Hope the meds take affect soon and you feel better.

Cathy-have fun with drill max. I frequently do the DM cardio portions as it part of the many premixes I like.

Angie-I could really use your help today. You seem to be the queen of cleaning and I think we would make a great team. I checked out your picture trail and you look great. I love that pic of you and the family at the beach. I'm built just like you too. Your P90X pics look great. You can really see all the progress you've made.

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

Diana

Good Afternoon!

Angie: Nope, I haven't noticed weather aggravating my arthritis at all. I have osteoarthritis. There is also rheumatoid arthritis. I think the latter of the 2 is the kind that can be affected by weather. Don't quote me on that though. Oh and I checked out your picture trail. Thank you for trusting us. I know you were very nervous and unsure about posting your pics. Your results are great! It doesn't matter that you aren't where you want to be yet. What matters is how far you've come and you've come a long way baby! You've got ALOT to be proud off! Keep up the awesome work!:+

Diana: When you are done with your house you are more then welcome to come clean mine!;)

I am hangin' out with my sore neck and a Coor's Light waiting for a few friends to get here. We are going to be going out for dinner. The one guy is my best friend from college and he is coming with his wife and then there is my best friend for life who is coming as well. :) DH and DS are at a B'day party tonight so this mamma gets some time to be WENDY instead of Joey's mom or Sal's wife! LOL

Hope everyone has a nice evening!:7

Hola, ladies!

I’m through with the DM premix – whew! That is a good one.

Wendy :: hope your neck is feeling better! What'dja wind up doing with the house all to yourself for a few hours? Have fun tonight! I believe you said you were heading out.

Sandy :: wasn’t sure if you were just popping in to talk about the arthritis issues, but feel free to stick around. :)

Angie :: nope, you’re not bad ~ I love the answer you gave your kids! *lol*…you were right – DM did get into the legs a bit, esp. the football drills at the end. When I don’t do a workout in awhile, I tend to forget the pain. *lol*…Yes, I am noticing a difference doing all this leg work…Just prior to starting the X (about mid-February), I started to do legs 2x a week (e.g. one weight workout and then an add-on such as the KM cond. drills after a run), and I did begin to see a difference in my thighs. I am also pear-shaped, so it’s a trouble spot for me. I think it’s working, though. Don't get me wrong - I have fat to burn, but I *am* seeing more muscle definition in the legs. Tale o’ the tape will hopefully show some results!…You should be proud of those progress pics, woman! You look GREAT and clearly transformed your body with the X! WTG!!

Diana :: enjoy the new bed! Hope you didn't make any frightening discoveries behind the ol' headboard…you’re too funny!…I also really like the cardio in DM – I can actually hang in with the step choreo, which doesn’t happen too often, so I feel accomplished when I do it. *lol*

I believe Nancy is still off relaxing on vaca, but where's Laura today?

I don't know if I told you ladies this, but I created an Excel spreadsheet (I just figured out how - but only the basics!) to keep track of how much money I spend in a school year and how many hours I spend this summer in preparation. Just doing it for curiosity purposes. And well, for the next time I hear one of my knucklehead relatives knock the teaching profession. You will not *believe* how much money I've already spent. Ready? $1195. No, I'm not kidding. $625 of it is for this national certification process I'm doing, and if I pass, I will get reimbursed for it. Most of the rest of it is for books - either professional books or books for my classroom library. It's insane, huh?

Well, I am going to head outside to enjoy the last rays of sunshine. I can't believe this, but I am feeling some cold symptoms coming on! I just had a stinking cold a couple of months ago. Sheesh - that's some craptastic immune system! **Thinking positive thoughts to ward it off.** :D

Cathy :)

-Jesse Owens

Hey, Wendy - posting at the same time. Enjoy your dinner/night out! Hope you're not driving. }(

-Jesse Owens

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.