Our 472nd Cathe Live Broadcast

Those cargo-esque leggings are cute. Although when watching I can't help but wonder if the back pocket buttons hurt your bum.

I was thinking the same thing but about the ones on the sides of the legs. Between that and what looks like a buckle, I don't think I would be doing anything on my side. But I do like them.

Am I the only woman in America who is not enamored with tights? I workout in shorts and wouldn't never wear tights to work, grocery shop, etc. like so many women do
I have some extra "jiggle" and the tights make high impact cardio more comfortable. I never wear them out in public except maybe to the mailbox or a quick trip to our garden and even then with a long top. I'm embarrassed for women who wear them in public and they are so tight/see-through that you can even see details of their "privates". But most women in public look good with them if they fit appropriately. But then again, I'm old; but then again I was young when hot pants and halter tops were the rage... ha ha ;)

I'm old; but then again I was young when hot pants and halter tops were the rage... ha ha ;)
I can relate!!!! I remember I had a pink halter top that I loved…I wore that thing all the
time!!!:). And how about leotards, tights, and leg warmers??? I had a complete wardrobe
of those! I remember when I taught ladies exercise classes for the county, back in my
20’s, and I wore leotards & tights all the time!! Now, it’s capris (the looser the better &
baggy sweatpants:):)

I drew the line with the "butt-floss" leotards tho..

One of Cathe's older, classic step workouts feature one of those. My female Jazzercise instructor sported them too in the 80's ....if you have great glutes, they could really show them off. Thankfully my male Jazzercise instructor didn't wear a thong, but he did wear "wife-beater" T's ala Richard Simmons.... ha ha :p. He'd stop us after class to ask if we got a good workout cuz initially the class was too easy for us (we called a lot of their song workouts "jazzy-do- nothings" or " dancy-do-nothings") so he worked hard to bring up the intensity while also showing lower intensity options. He's deceased now but I certainly appreciated the options he showed cuz I use some of them now:)

But now it's leggings/tights for higher impact stuff and often looser joggers for weight-lifting, but I still use padded bike shorts for spinning.
... I wore leotards & tights all the time!! Now, it’s capris (the looser the better &
baggy sweatpants:):)

LOL! I had a lot of the Jazzercise workouts…back in the day! I did them a lot, it was
fun!

but I still use padded bike shorts for spinning.
Do they really help? That’s one reason I think I don’t use my bike that often. My rear
gets numb! Off to search Amazon & see what they offer.:)

LOL! I had a lot of the Jazzercise workouts…back in the day! I did them a lot, it was
fun!

Do they really help? That’s one reason I think I don’t use my bike that often. My rear
gets numb! Off to search Amazon & see what they offer.:)
Yes they do help! I purchased my first pair in the 80's. We did a lot of road biking then, even did one of those week-long inn-to-inn trips in Vermont. If you bike regularly you can get along without them, but if you only bike/spin once a week or less, the padded shorts will help with the discomfort. You can get padded liners to wear under your other clothing if you don't like the "look".

I love my leggings for workouts as they don't bunch up or bind, allowing for full range of motion. I am grateful we're NOT in an age of leotards, especially the thong variety. I have enough issues with body image, I don't need to be essentially working out in a bathing suit.

That said, yep, I'll wear my comfy stretchy black leggings to the grocery store on occasion. It's not a fashion show - I'm not going there to impress anyone. Just grab my stuff and go. But then I also go at 6:30 in the morning so there's pretty much no one there anyway.

can you recommend a brand or type, or anything in particular to look for? Thanx.
I don't have a brand to recommend, however chamois material is considered the best ... I use a pair for long bike rides on the bike trails - they help with sweat and hold up well. For spin workouts, I'm not choosy as my spin workouts are 30-45 minutes. So I've used inexpensive gel and other unknown padding for spinning. The more padding doesn't necessarily mean more comfort - you just need a bit to take the edge off. The larger the pad, the more it feels like a diaper or big "monthly" wad. If you intend to spin regularly, your sitz bones will adjust and you won't really need the padding after awhile.

I included a link to a Cathe post about her initial intro to spinning on the Cycle Power dvd clip post.

Last edited:
Am I the only woman in America who is not enamored with tights? I workout in shorts and wouldn't never wear tights to work, grocery shop, etc. like so many women do

I rarely wear leggings anywhere and I workout in bike shorts or spandex shorts. Whatever they are called. I don't like the feel of a legging when I am sweating and they always slip down. It drives me nuts. Not to be offensive, but most women who wear leggings out and about, really shouldn't. If you have a big can, for crying out loud, cover it up with a long shirt. No one wants to see that. Just sayin'.

I'll stick with jeans and fitted sweatpants.

No. I only wear shorts. I never wear any type of legging, I find them uncomfortable. Plus living in SW FL, I have no need for anything other than shorts.

I rarely wear leggings anywhere and I workout in bike shorts or spandex shorts. Whatever they are called. I don't like the feel of a legging when I am sweating and they always slip down. It drives me nuts. Not to be offensive, but most women who wear leggings out and about, really shouldn't. If you have a big can, for crying out loud, cover it up with a long shirt. No one wants to see that. Just sayin'.

I'll stick with jeans and fitted sweatpants.
Thank you very much, I have the same thought when I'm at the grocery store. Don't get me started on the people I see also in slippers instead of shoes.

I love all the comments and opinions. I always dress for comfort and function, never looks. I wear padded bike shorts for spinning and cycling. Always have. Tights are for outdoor cold weather activities (I live in Maine) but I rarely can find any that fit. I have years old men's ones because they aren't high waisted and they almost are long enough. Women's length are so ridiculous: waist up to my sports bra and legs cropped although they are supposed to be full length!

I need to look into getting a pair of padded something! They might help on my rower as
well, as that seat is semi-hard.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.