OT: Free cosmetics

Okay, so let me get this straight... if I bought cosmetics between May 29, 1994 through July 16, 2003 from a Department Store (any department store?), I'm eligible to receive -- FREE -- cosmetics and fragrance products having a total retail value of $175 million. Wow! I know I spent a fortune on Clinique cosmetics ALONE, and those only made my skin worse. And those Elizabeth Arden color cosmetics... they fade fast on my oily skin. And those snotty Estee Lauder salespeople at our local Foleys who don't like to be asked about the active ingredient in their anti-aging products? One nice, very polished salesperson pushed a bottle of Idealist in my hands quite roughly as if to say, Here, look for it yourself, and peered at me from the tip of her nose. So I just had to say, "Oh honey, shame you don't know your own inventory"

Hope they won't send me blue eyeshadow or purple lipstick...:7

Thanks, Dani.

Pinky

Ha Ha! Funny! So wait if you don't use Clinique, Elizabeth Arden or Estee Lauder, what brand of cosmetics do you use????

I can relate cause jeez I've tried a lot of brands of cosmetics. I've been so unsuccessful that I'm afraid to try the newer lines. I've been using Bare Escentuals almost exclusively since December and although I like that it looks natural, that you don't spend hours applying it, and its versatility (you can mix and match and do a lot of things with it) I don't like the fact that you sweat a little bit and off the make up goes. So I'm pretty much back to where I started looking natural and putting only natural ingredients on my skin, but having a ton of paper towels with me in case I sweat or in case the weather betrays me. I need a hypoallergenic water/sweat proof (or at least resistant) make up.

I'll check out the link though. :)

Hi Rose, I use mostly drugstore brands as far as color cosmetics go -- L'Oreal, Revlon, Neutrogena, Maybelline... When it comes to skin care, I buy online because there is no drugstore brand out there that has helped my super oily skin (even in winter). Paula's Choice is very good and affordable, too. I also get my peels and other skin care items from platinumskincare.com.

Thanks for telling me about Bare Escentuals. I've been very curious about it. I'm not so sure now that it's for me. My face looks like an oil slick two hours after washing. Colorstay by Revlon is quite resistant. Have you tried it?

Pinky

Hey Pinks;-) For my mascaras and lipsticks I can use drugstore brands(and I do most of the time because you have to replace those often), but for concealers, foundations and powders I can't even though most of them are "hypoallergenic" because my skin gets acne or gets itchy and red. I love Bare Escentuals don't get me wrong (it makes your skin look flawless), but you just can't use it for a summer picnic for example or for a rainy day for that matter. I'm just wondering if there are any cosmetics with natural ingredients that can actually stay on your skin. I wonder what they use on Cathe for her videos. That make up stays even though the girls sweat tons.

RE: Cathe uses Bobbi Brown :)

>:eek: !!!!!! Thanks Dani!

Oops, I meant I do too! I love Bobbi Brown.

You are welcome!

:)

Oh, Pinky, I'm TOTALLY in the same boat as far as oily skin. I've found that the only foundation that doesn't melt off my face within about two hours is Illuminare Ultimate All-Day. I used to use Colorstay but even it pales in comparison when it comes to staying power. I also like that Illuminare has a high SPF of 21 so I don't have to put on extra sunblock. You can find them online at: http://www.illuminarecosmetics.com
BTW, I also use Paula's Choice for all of my skin care and I found Illuminare through her books. :)

Cheers,
Dorie

Hi ladies, thank you for the links. Will check them out immediately. My other problem about foundations is getting the exact shade for my skin, which is naturally a very light olive from the Spanish branch of my mom's family with yellow undertones from the Chinese branch of my father's family. I've had to buy, many times, the darkest shade among the ivories and mix that with the lightest shade among the beiges. Hope I find a good one from these links.:)

Pinky

Have you ever heard of Arbonne products? My skin is also very oily and these products have improved my skin soooo much! And, my skin is not so oily anymore. I can honestly say at 38 my skin looks the best it has in years.

Plus, their products do not contain any mineral oil or petroleum products.

Check out this website: skinperfect.myarbonne.com

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.