Osteoarthritis --- Lifting can Help! ;-)

I've had this for many years. In my knees since I was a young teenager and other places as I've gotten older. I found accidentally that exercise makes a big difference for me. When we bought a two story house my knees improved. I can definitely feel a difference when I exercise regularly.

I'm having surgery on one finger next month and am considering surgery on another finger that is in pain just about all the time now. I want to wait on that one until after my son's wedding in October as I will have a cast for six weeks.

It is interesting that I just saw this today. My husband just got the diagnosis today that he has it in his hip. I have tried to encourage him to lift!

As a physical therapist, I see patients with OA all the time! As part of their treatment, I make sure to include a lot of strength training. People come in believing this fallacy that because they have arthritis, it means that they're destined for a sedentary lifestyle but it's actually the opposite! I'm so excited to see an article like this circulating! Thanks for sharing Nathalie!!

Years ago when the Firm first came out and I was much younger, I had creaky knees and was worried about doing step,ups especially with weights. Those step ups really helped. My knees were no longer creaky. My house has three floors and many people ask how I can do,it especially as I age. Those steps, up and down several times a day, have really helped with everything including stamina.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.