Oscars.....Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin

Worknprogress

Cathlete
I saw the first 1/3 of the Oscars and taped the rest. Obviously, though, since it is all over the news today who won the big awards but I taped the rest of the show.

I enjoyed Steve and Alec for the time I saw. Is it worth watching the rest of the show for the rest of their "act?"

yes

but also for Sandra Bullock & Katherine Bigalow's acceptance speeches.

The dance numbers were - SNORE!

The hosts were pretty funny. There is backstage scene of them which made me LOL.

I really loved Sandra Bullock's speech and am SO glad she won!

I LOVED the dance numbers!!! But, I'm a fan of "So you think you can dance" and the dancers were from last season's show.

I taped this and can't wait to watch it tonight. Looks like it was a good one. I also love Sandra Bullock. I'm glad to hear she won! I taped the Barbara Walters show, as well. Looking forward to seeing that.

Alec and Steve were great. I thought Katherine Bigelow gave the best acceptance speech, and I was happy that Sandra Bullock won for best actress.

I LOVE Steve Martin, but couldn't understand why Alec Baldwin would be on too....but they were great together! Really, it was quite funny!

The dance number was a snore, and my husband and I were saying "why do they have these dopey things anyway??"

My husband said it must be so the Oscar-attendees can have a potty-break :p

The dancing was actually quite good, it just didn't make any sense in this show. They opened with the stupid Broadway/burlesque thing, which was lousy, and then inserted the hip-hop/contemporary blend in the middle. None of it made any sense for the context of the show. I thought Martin/Baldwin were boring - one or two jokes were funny - the rest fell flat. The best hosts have always been Whoopi and Billy Crystal.

Govtgirl - Alec Baldwin was just in movie with Steve Martin and Meryl Streep called "It's Complicated." Although the movie didn't get the best reviews, I guess there was a lot of onscreen chemistry between Alec and Steve.

NY25 - I don't remember Whoopi much (although I really like her and to this day The Color Purple is one of my favorites and her performance was spectacular), I do remember Billy Crystal and I loved him.

But they do say that Billy Crystal is usually everyone's second favorite with Johnny Carson being the greatest host of The Oscars. Unfortunately, I wasn't watching when he hosted but I bet he was really great.

By the way, how come Billy Crystal doesn't host anymore? Especially when people love it when he does. Anybody know?

The last couple of times he was asked Billy Crystal said he just didn't have the time to commit to the show...

Adam Shankman is a huge dance choreography/director, and he was a producer of the Oscar show. It is largely due to him that there were extensive dance numbers...and great opportunities for dancers to have jobs in that town! I am watching it later and I am excited to see the dancing as well as Steve Martin ( huge fan...can we say King Tut?)

Okay, I finished watching it last night. There was some good parts so overall I was fine with their performance.

The spoof on Paranormal Activity though - that was a riot! For anyone who has seen that movie - it made it sooo much funnier!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.