Optional Countdown Timer

hwc130

Cathlete
Maybe this has been suggested, and it's not a suggestion for a new workout, as much as an enhancement to any new workout Cathe puts out.

How about an optional graphic workout timer on the bottom of the screen that tells you how much time is left in the workout? Similar to the Shock Cardio HiiT workouts, but a timer that lets you know how much time is left until the cool down/stretch.

Just a thought.

:DHelen

Maybe this has been suggested, and it's not a suggestion for a new workout, as much as an enhancement to any new workout Cathe puts out.

How about an optional graphic workout timer on the bottom of the screen that tells you how much time is left in the workout? Similar to the Shock Cardio HiiT workouts, but a timer that lets you know how much time is left until the cool down/stretch.

Just a thought.

:DHelen

I was just thinking about this the other day too. I love the countdown on the Hiit workouts, but it would be nice to have the countdowns for each chapter on the screen and the total workout time.

I think that would be a good idea too. When I was using my DVD player, I used the counter on there, but now I use my son's Xbox to play my workouts and the counter on there only stays up for a few seconds. Since I started using the Xbox, I've been thinking that it would be nice if there was a countdown on the workout to let you know how much time you have left in the workout. The Turbofire workouts have that feature and I really like that.

I concur with adding a timer counter on the workout screen.

I love timers, especially in cardio workouts where you need to rev up the intensity at the last minute.

I know some people don't like timers because they claim that the workout feels like it takes longer because of the "watching the clock effect" but I find that a timer helps with any dread effect because I can game my motivation level.

Some people have suggested that I get a HRM with a timer while working out.

A timer would be excellent. I hate having to estimate how long I have left in a workout. I find I stay more focused if I know I only have 5 minutes left and such.

I too love the countdown timer on the Hiit dvd. When I see the timer and I am getting tired...I think, "ok I can do 10 more seconds." It really helps me with that mental fight to want to stop and helps me finish.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.