Opinions on Venus Swimwear -

Fitness-Mom

Cathlete
Has anyone ever purchased from Venus and/or Victoria Secret?

Just trying to get some opinions...I am looking to purchase a new bikini...
True to their size...etc?

Thanks -

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

1007_10008384356.gif

www.picturetrail.com/Fitness-momx2

I buy only Victoria's Secret swimsuits because I need to order my bra size for the top.

I have been mostly pleased with the quality, although this year the lining in my bottoms bunches a little, and my underwire is coming out in the top.

The shipping cost is OUTRAGEOUS -- $10.95 or something crazy like that. It's awful.

But the swimwear is cute and probably worth it.

I've never purchased from Venus but they drive me nuts. I've made numerous requests for them to stop sending me catalogs, but I keep getting them. Nothing in that catalog will even fit my left thigh, so stop wasting paper and cluttering up my mailbox!!! I figure if the C/S dept can't figure out how to stop mailing me garbage, how are they going to help me if I have a real problem?? Victoria's on the other hand, no probs!!

Nan

I have purchased Venus once before in the past and was satisfied. However, I recently ordered two bathings suits (and a coverup) and all of it is going back. One had no cups at all (what the f?) - how can someone walk around with no cups - and it wasn't a very young style either. The other is a tankini that is actually open in the back. Hard to describe and also hard to maneuver getting it on. I just hated the coverup. It fits like a tent.

Well anyway, they charged $16.95 for shipping and handling and to ship it back and use their label they deduct an additional 5.95 when refunding you. So guess what......$23 and no bathing suits. That's my last time ordering like this. I need to try things on and it kills me to pay so much to try them on.

Okay, after all of my ranting, I think Venus has a good of suits if you know exactly what you want, know exactly what you're getting, and know exactly how it will fit.

Nancy

I stopped VS a long time ago b/c of their outrageous shipping. Ridiculous, esp for something so tiny like a swimsuit and when fit is so important.

Lands End at least you can return to a local Sears store.

I have been ordering swimsuits from Venus for years and years. The quality is always top notch, as well as the customer service!

I like Victoria Secret for Swimsuits.. I usually buy mine at the end of the season though for the following summer so even if I have to pay the shipping at least the suits were a good deal.

I love being able to buy the two pieces as separates.

I've never had much luck w/ Venus, but I know alot of people who have.

Take care, Lynn M.

I just got a 2 peice from Ujena. I really like the fit and you can mix and match to get the right size for top and bottom. Their prices were reasonable too.

Returned the 3 of the 4 suits to venus last month. No lining in the cups- sure is ridiculous! I am not saying to add huge enhancement or anything- just a little padding so nothing peeps through. The string bikini bottoms provide almost no coverage because it bunches up in the back. The smallest size they make is a 4 in most suits (a 2 if you want no coverage- brazilian bottoms or string bikinis that are a lot less coverage than at VS). Anyway, the suits at VS vary in sizing because there are VS brands, as well as designer brands. VS clothing varies in sizing. I ordered a pair of jeans last fall and they fit perfectly- ordered a similar style same size this spring- way toooooo small. VS charges a lot for shipping, but they are also easy to return merchandise to. I just ordered a couple bikinis from Speedo. There "Fashion Suits" fit true to size and are cute:) HTH

I have been a Venus customer since 1999. Their moderate bottoms and triangle tops are my standard order. ( I just ordered 3 bikini's) They last several years if you hand wash and drip dry them after each use. On a whim, I tried the enhancer top, but it wasn't for me. It looked too much like a bra.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

I have been a Victoria Secret only gal for years. I think that their suits fit like their bras and underwear. This year I got sick of the price and bought a suit at Old Navy to splash around in at the pool with kids. It was cheap and I find myslef grabbing it over any of my others. It is lined and everything. Just a thought.

I've never tried Venus. I've got some VS swimsuits that I got on clearance - something like $10.99 each piece. They fit like their bras and panties do, as the above poster said.

I have purchased bras and panties from Figleaves and I know they carry swimwear too, but probably not as complete a selection as VS. Figleaves only charges $4.50 regardless how big the order and return shipping is free. I love that!

Diane

I've found their quality seriously lacking & the suits rarely look the same in person as they do in the catalog. Meaning, there's always much less coverage than I expect.........

I stick w/J Crew & the Gap. You can get separates (a must for someone w/my body type), the styles are classic & the quality is great so they last for years, plus the prices are reasonable, especially if you hit a sale.

Hi Jennifer,

I have never ordered from Venus, although I love the colors & styles of their suits. I have ordered from VS & never had a problem... but I have also never ordered a swimsuit. I've ordered suits from Carabella many times & had great customer service & good results with the suits too (the sizing is true & the quality is great). I have also ordered swimsuites from Newport News & enjoyed the service & quality too. Good luck & let us know what you end up doing...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.