Opinion on Low Max

MelanieC

Cathlete
What does everyone out there think of Low Max?

I love an intense workout like Body Max 2 and IMAX 2. Will I get an intense workout with Low Max even though its low impact?

Thanks!

Melanie

You will definitely get an intense workout even though it's low impact. This one's a real calorie burner for me and a really, fun workout.

Marcy

I did IMAX 2 this morning and will do Low Max tonight. :)
I think it's fun, but I definitely work harder with IMAX 2.
Still, not everything can be high impact (or so my knees constantly tell me!). But, it does burn...in a different, good way.

I LOVE Lo Max!!! It is fun, and I sweat like crazy!!!! I really like to do the whole workout through and then add the Blast only premix at the end. Great workout and great calorie burner!!!

The key to a truly kick-butt workout with Low Max is to make sure you get LOW in all the moves. You will definitely get a good workout that way. And if you need a lighter workout some day, don't go as low. It's very versatile.

In addition to getting low, hold a medicine ball on the blasts! I think it was Aquajock that orinally posted about this. If you do a search you should fine it. It totally kicks butt!!!

I love Low Max. It's very versatile. I'll do it as is or holding a med ball on the blasts or blasts only or just the step only premix.

This workout is awesome!!

ETA: I found Aqua Jocks description of Low Max w/ a med ball in case anyone is interested. Just scroll down, she gives details!!

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=392011&mesg_id=392011&listing_type=search

Love it love it LOVE IT! I'm not an IMAX girl particularly but LowMax is so perfect for me, when it's over I feel extremely well worked out but not fried. I'm glad Cathe puts out some slightly less intense options like LowMax for those of us who like to take it a little easier but still want to feel accomplished and strong.

>Love it love it LOVE IT! I'm not an IMAX girl particularly
>but LowMax is so perfect for me, when it's over I feel
>extremely well worked out but not fried. I'm glad Cathe puts
>out some slightly less intense options like LowMax for those
>of us who like to take it a little easier but still want to
>feel accomplished and strong.

Ditto

>I did IMAX 2 this morning and will do Low Max tonight. :)
>I think it's fun, but I definitely work harder with IMAX 2.
>Still, not everything can be high impact (or so my knees
>constantly tell me!). But, it does burn...in a different, good
>way.

I'm amazed you can do two Cathe workouts in one day - especially after IMAX2 in the morning! That deserves a huge congratulations.
:eek:
Do you do this every day?

I love Low Max! I am s-l-o-w-l-y working my way up to higher intensity. I am used to working out with the Firm which can be high in intensity at times, but it's mostly for strength and toning. I am looking forward to increasing my aerobic endurance using Low Max as a guide! I can't do the whole workout yet without using a premix or selecting a few intervals from the "mix and match" menu, but I am starting Cathe's Beginner rotation shortly and hope to build some endurance that way.

>>I did IMAX 2 this morning and will do Low Max tonight. :)
>>I think it's fun, but I definitely work harder with IMAX 2.
>>Still, not everything can be high impact (or so my knees
>>constantly tell me!). But, it does burn...in a different,
>good
>>way.
>
>I'm amazed you can do two Cathe workouts in one day -
>especially after IMAX2 in the morning! That deserves a huge
>congratulations.
>:eek:
>Do you do this every day?

No I don't, I'm not in the kind of shape to keep up the intensity. I was just taking advantage of a relatively stress-free time at work. Today's a different story...an all-nighter because of work, went to sleep at 8 am, got up at 1 pm, just ate and am fighting to get up the energy to do GS chest and tris. I'm just trying to put in 'extra oomph' when I can!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.