OoOoOo~Clean/Tidy/Manic/Monday~oOoOoO

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning Clean & Chatty Cathes,

Insanity day 6 in the books - plyo cardio circuit. Those level one drills (down for a plank/4 push ups/run in and out for 8) just about KILL me. Oh no, then follow up with ski abs and in and outs. I might as well be dead by the 3rd round through! Geesh.

Lisa, busyness seems to be a consistent thread in your home. Great job with your WO though - getting that in is a huge accomplishment.

Nina, reading about a 16 miler on a random Sunday just makes me tired. :) I'm thinking I might do some work with GS after Insanity. Mix it up (hopefully) with shock cardio! There are no cheats built into the nutrition plan but I have a feeling a few will just sneak in here and there with social gatherings and such. I don't think we'll have to try. And yes, Ryan is doing the WOs at the same time as me. It's good motivation to get back into it when I want to quit!

Kate, lol on the painting thing. Ryan and I could never do that together either! He's going to paint while the girls and I are in Chicago the last week in October! Keep up the great work lately - you are on a serious roll! How was pc with the bsticks???

Happy Monday all - gotta shower - bbl!

Angie - That sounds like a killer wo! I know I feel like that too about being busy. It's like that whenever ds is in football. It just zaps all our time. For some reason, houseguests have been plenty this year! Not complaining, just it's very time consuming to say the least!

Nina - I agree with Kate about 16 miles! It would take me all day long! Is that on your tm or on the road? Yay for getting so much done! All of that and 16 miles!

Kate - I'm sewing P's Halloween costume. She's going to be Little Red Riding Hood! I also have a few projects that I haven't finished up. I need to make my girlfriend a nursing cover and the kids' bedroom curtains. What is J going to be? How is J's rash? Did you find the gv? Have you tried online if the health food stores near you don't carry it?

Klaudia - Welcome back from vacation! Working out during vacation, wow, I'm impressed!

Katie - Have a nice time seeing Dr. McDreamy today! Hope he has good news for you.

I so need a vacation. Things get so much more hectic when the kids get older. I love that my kids are active and love it, but boy it sure takes up a lot of time. That and homework. I barely felt like I had a summer vacation with all the house guests we had, but football and school starting at the same time is just too much. Ack! I can't believe how serious men (yes, men as in fathers and coaches) take football. We ended up buying ds a $200 helmet after DH's cousin got hurt. I don't even want to think about how much money we spent on football, but all to keep ds safe so can't complain. Anyhoo, eats back on track and I am determined to make this week a good one. I bought healthy snacks this weekend to curb away all bad snacks! Have a good Monday ladies!

Lisa

Last edited:
Morning Lisa, Angie, & the rest of my C&T lovelies!

Resolutions for this week:
1) get in a good workout EVERY DAY
2) eat clean EVERY DAY
3) be on time to work EVERY DAY

I'm sure there are more that I just cannot think of right now...

Angie, you are totally rockin' it with Insanity. ^5, keep it up!
Lisa, you are such a super mom. I know you feel drained and stressed (trust me, I can relate), but from the outside looking in, you are doing and awesome job!

On tap today is Drill Max total body premix (all weights, no cardio). Gotta hussle, see ya!

Goodnight Lisa, sleep well! I can't even imagine what our lives will be like when our kids are involved in all kinds of extra curricular activities. I think I will long for the quiet days of toddler-hood and preschool! Good luck with your eats this week!

Morning Katie and Kate!

So, I'm considering pursuing a master's degree in speech pathology. My MIL works in the field, has great hours, makes great money, and really enjoys it. It seems like it might be a good fit for me. There is a graduate program about 45 min away from where we will live when we move back to the US (actually where I began my undergrad work) but I would need 25 hours of undergrad coursework in speech path before I could apply to the master's program so I'm considering taking those pre-req courses online while we are here. I'm really excited about the prospect of it all. Have a couple of info requests into people (kinda wish I had thought about this a few weeks ago so I could have started classes today!) and hoping to hear some info soon!

We are having some friends over this afternoon - gotta get the house cleaned. BBL! Eats are GREAT!

angie, your school plan sounds great! and your wo's do too!! are you doing any weights?

lisa, i hate that uber-busy feeling!:( ouch on the helmet! tell his head not to grow any!:p
p will be so cute! j's going to be a purple fairy. i had bought a costume last yr on clearance, but, um, she's a little too chubby for it! lol!

katie, that dm sounds fun! good luck today!!!!

-
no big plans here.
wo will be cardio, not sure what

Good Morning Everyone!

Well my stomach erupted after lunch on Saturday and I spent the rest of Saturday and all of yesterday just laying around reading, watching tv and surfing the internet. What a way to start a week off. I feel much better today but my stomach is still a little queasy. I am on the fence as to whether or not to workout. And DH is not feeling well. I asked him if he thought it was the flu and he said maybe. Ugh! So today I am sanitizing the house because I am sick of sickness.

Nina, wow you accomplished a lot yesterday!! Hope you slept well last night.
Angie, the ski abs are definitely tough in that workout. I was worried because they are in the ub workout too, but they are much easier to do when you are not exhausted. Good luck on the speech pathology research. It sounds like it would be a good opportunity for you.
Lisa, sorry things have been so hectic! Hopefully you can settle into a routine soon.
Katie, good luck today with Dr. McDreamy. I hope it is just a muscle thing and not a stress fracture.
Kate, sorry J is a little too chubby for her costume. I can't believe how big she is compared to my niece who is 9 months older.

G'Morning

Super busy weekend but now I have 2 days off, so I guess my weekend starts today:rolleyes:

Angie it sounds like instanity is a well rounded workout and what are ski abs? It sounds hard but fun.

Lisa good luck with the healthy snacks. When I buy healthy snacks my kids eat them all in about 2 days. I have to hide my 100cal snacks. Football sounds very expensive. How much is the uniforms?

Katie good idea:). We should have resolution mondays.
Resolutions for this week:
1. get enough sleep
2. workout at least 5 days
3. drink water and eat clean...as possible
4. get kids back on school schedule
5. super clean the house while the kids are in school.

Angie GO FOR IT GIRL. That is a great field to work in.

Not sure of the w/o today...maybe the Empire State kbells. On the other hand maybe just some cardio on ellip and then tomorrow while the kids are out of the house (YAY) I can do terminator.

Now sure of menu
but tonight we are having BBQ pork tenderloin

Hi Colleen sorry you were sick and I'm glad you are feeling better. Do your DH have muscle aches? Not to scare you but they said that the Swine Flu is going to come back this year....worse.

Good morning clean and tidy peeps,

I have had a hectic weekend, i'm sorry i couldn't get on to say hello. I took Friday off as well, the doc called and i had to go in for test results, which is never good. Anyway, it was my best friends 35th B-day, the one that had the baby 4 weeks ago, so we had a surprise 'girls' day on Saturday, brunch, spa, my place for cake/movie etc..so i was whooped. Yesterday i had to work :(

Angie, Insanity sounds..well, insane! I work closely with an speech path as an RD, and it is a great job. I think that's a good plan

Lisa, nice planning ahead, i find its the only way i stay on track. Sounds like vacation will come once the kids go back to school...

Katie, nice w/o and goals. Do you see Dr McDreamy today????

Kate, no plans will soon turn busy, you're probably going to bake, w/o, clean, work etc!!!

Colleen, i'm sorry about the tummy troubles...maybe not worry about a w/o until later on?

Robin, Are you loving KB's?

Hi to everyone!

Today, i'm going to spin i think, then a body circuit and core work.

I'm rushing to the unit, bbl
Steph

Good Morning !

Angie Congrats on finishing week one of Insanity. How long is the program ?? It sounds BRUTAL !!!!!:eek:

Kate, I remember seeing you say something about posting an oatmeal pancake recipe. Did you do it over the weekend ?? If so I'll go back and find it, I wasn't online much at all ........ It sounds yummy.

Nina, I couldn't run that far for a million dollars !!! and in that Fl. heat !!!!!!!! WOW!

Colleen, I hope you and your dh feel better soon. That just went through my family too. ugh

I just started week 4 of the Aug rotation......with STS chest, shoulders, biceps. It was long, maybe 90 minutes ? I added on Buddy's core from iCycle/core/stretch.

Was good and I'm starving, will bb after eats & shower !!!

Becky

Morning! Only 6 days of babysitting left! I'm not excited or anything;) And I won't be doing it in the fall-the boys will be in the after school childcare so I'll have only Nevena at home-need to find something to do with myself. Not sure what today's plan will be. I need to do weights and my run/walk. Never got it done yesterday-my parents came over to see the girls.

Angie, your plan sounds great! You seem to have found focus with your workouts/eats and your future and you sound so positive! Have fun with your company!

Lisa, I hear you on the expenses of extra curriculars! We'll have all 3 girls dancing this year and paying for it on one income in a crappy economy is daunting. But they all love it and it's not like when we were kids and could go out and roam and play. Oh, well-no Hawaiian vacations anytime soon-for us anyway;)

Katie, good luck with Dr. McDreamy! I like your resolutions-I'm in for 1 and 2:)

Kate, enjoy your easy day!

Colleen, sorry about the sick weekend:( I have a feeling once school starts we'll all be sick within a few weeks. I say take it easy.

Robin, seems like we're all unsure of our workouts today! I like your resolutions too-especially #4;) Only two more weeks til school!

Steph, busy weekend! Great workouts!

Becky, 90 minutes?! I can only do that once in a great while. Great job!

Hi Anne and Nina!

Becky great w/o ! I'm going to check out Aug rotation.

Steph nice girls day. I bet you had lots of fun.

Klaudia no baby sitting what will you do with all your free time ;)

Off to pick up my son's schedule and get a new cable remote.

HiLo MedBall done!!! I love that WO!!!!
And I totally resisted eating DDs pancakes this morning!!! Had my oatmeal!

Becky, I havent posted the panckae recipe yet...will get to it soon..I hope!
GREAT JOB on STS! Did you get some sleep last night?

Steph, I hope the test/dr is ok.....:( Sounds like you had a full weekend! Girls night is always fun!
Your WOs are amazing!

Robin, Enjoy your "weekend"!:p
Have fun k'belling!

Colleen, You guys got slammed this weekend! Maybe just a light walk - not too far from home!:eek::p
Julia weighs 24.5#!!! She's long too, but she def has some chunk on her! I love it!

-
Need to shower and spend some time with the little ladies....

Boy, I take forever to finsih a post someitmes!

Klaudia! Hello! 6 more babysits! WAHOO!:D Somethign tells me you won't sign up for it next summer!

kate, julia is almost as big as finn! aidan was 18.3 at his 15 mon check up:rolleyes: they look plenty chubby b/c they are short too -ha ha! great job resisting the pancakes!

katie, good luck at the doc. glad your leg feels good.

robin, great resolutions. what sort of rotation are you doing now?

klaud, will you look for some work this fall, or is driving 3 to dance work enough!! let the countdown begin!

becky, nice wo!

steph, girls time can be such fun - makes me miss my friends in maine.

angie, i think a masters in speech pathology sounds exciting!

colleen, wow, do you think it is swine flu?

both boys cried at drop off:( made me so sad. pu is in 30 minutes, and counting.... i met a woman, friend of my mom's, who is a receptionist at a big animal hospital locally. she intoroduced me to all the specialty docs in the area. it was a bit intimidating, but good for networking. i was supposed to be working out, but meeting people is better for the ncme, i guess. i did abs, legs and gs back and shoulders this am. will tack on bis tomorrow. i am trying to make this a cardio free day, but, confession time - i have eaten almost a whole days worth of cals already:eek::eek: too many nuts and dried fruit and a candy bar. not sure what got into me this am, but my tummy feels horrible right now. i just want to throw up. okay - cheat done for a longggggg time. kick me out of your group - i definately deserve it. bbiab

Nina, Breastfed babies are typically smaller but somehow my babes don't follow the trend! I make buttermilk!:D
So sorry about the tears - I'll be right there with ya in a couple weeks! Oh, how I'm dreading it! I already told mike to block off his schedule to come home for moral support to get them on the bus! Gina is going to be FULL of tears.:(:(:(
^5 on the networking! That's awesome!
Your snacks sound pretty yum to me, but IKWYM about the belly afterwards. Ugh. Drink lots of water to help flush it thru!

-
Clean eats and did a 20 min CS too. Chicken & veggies are simmerin' away int the crockpot so dinner will be CLEAN too!:D
MIGHT go running w/ Laura tongiht...but I have a lot of work stuff to do so I probably shoudn't.

Hey all,

Everyone is sleeping but I'm still awake. Too much going through my head I guess.

Robin, ski abs are done in a plank position and then jumping in to alternating sides... make sense? Enjoy your weekend!

Steph, sounds like a busy weekend - how was spinning? Did you go to a class? I used to love those.

Becky, 90 min is a long workout - I'm always pooped when I do those. Insanity is 9 weeks total with a recovery week after 4 weeks. It's pretty nuts.

Klaudia, yay on almost being done with babysitting. I admire you for doing that for sure! I'm feeling pretty good these days - seem to have a lot to look forward to and that always helps me!

Kate, WTG on avoiding pancakes again. I don't know how you cook so many yummy foods and don't eat them! I wouldn't be able to handle it!

Nina, if you deserve to be kicked out, I'm no sure what to think about all my cheats! I think you more than covered it with your run yesterday. Sorry about cries at drop off. I'm dreading that on the first day for Ellie. :(

Colleen, so sorry about the tummy issues! Ugh. I hate being sick and having the flu is the worst! I hope you get well soon.

Katie, saw your FB post... how are you feeling about your "diagnosis?" Hope PT can provide some answers. Glad there is no stress fracture!

Got interrupted halfway through this post with a wet bed. :( Oh well, it's late now and should probably head to bed myself.

See you all in the AM!

Katie - Thank you for those encouraging words. I can feel like such a wreck sometimes. I need to set some goals like you and Robin did. How was the dr's appt?

Kate - LOL about Julia not fitting her costume. Oh well, another excuse to go shopping right? She is one healthy baby! Pomai was 18lbs at 9mos. She's pretty long also. Not quite as long as her sister who is really tall for her age, but pretty long still. Def. not from me, but all daddy.

Robin - Those are great goals set out. I need to do that also. Yay for days off!

Nina - I hope something comes out of those contacts you made today. BTDT with the overeating. Drink lots of water like Kate said. No worries about today. Tomorrow you can get back on track and move forward.

Angie - I think that's a great goal to have for going back to school. I really want to get my master's also, but not sure in what. It changes every year. I say do it!

Colleen - Boo for the bugs and viruses you're surrounded by! Rest up and hopefully it doesn't last long.

Klaudia - I hear you on the money. My older dd moved up in ballet class which means twice a week which means twice the tuition. Did you get your run in?

Steph - I hope the news from the dr. isn't as bad as you're thinking. Please keep us updated.

Becky - Wow that's some long intense wo's there!

I thought this week would be a better week schedule wise, but it's only Monday morning and already on a rough start. I took my car in last week to get it checked out because my check engine light was flashing and I could tell it was running a little rough. They told me they couldn't find anything wrong. Well, over the weekend it kept flashing and my car sounds really rough like it's sputtering at times. DH said it probably just needs a tune up so I figure I'll take it in next month. Nope, this am my car started acting weird again and the check engine light stayed on so I called the car dealership service center and they said I need to come in now so they can do the service to check what's wrong free of charge since I just took it in last week and they couldn't find anything wrong. So instead of heading to work I had to go drop my car off and now I have no car. Then on top of that, dd was down to only three practices for cheerleading this week, but that's changed. She has three practices, but two scrimmages they are going to cheer at. Which also translates to five days this week of football/cheerleading. :eek: I thought this week would be more relaxing, but oh well. Still waiting to hear what's wrong with my car. Until then. Working from home. Eats are good so far. Not sure what's on tap for dinner since I have no car to pick up a few things like fresh veggies, grr... Workout today will be chest and 30min of step.

Lisa

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

Well I was feeling really great this morning so I did Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs (pure cardio killed Angie yesterday). Anyway it felt great but I was tired by the end. I skipped the UB since I don't know what Chris has and my throat started to get sore during the workout (can't tell if it is allergies or I am getting something). Then I finished all my weekend stuff today (grocery shopping, paying bills, etc). Not sure about dinner - I picked up fish but Chris is freezing cold (he is ALWAYS hot) so maybe soup for him and fish for me.

Lisa, sorry about your car troubles. That's so frustrating when they can't find the problem. Do you have any frozen veggies on hand? I always keep them just in case.
Nina, I am sorry the boys cried. Glad you were able to do some networking today.
Robin, Angie forgot to point out that you do ski abs near the end of the workout after doing push ups and mountain climbers. They are much easier when you are not exhausted.
Klaudia, I bet you will love your freedom next week! Sorry about the missed workout yesterday - hope you squeezed it in today.
Becky, ^5 on the 90 minute workout!!!!
Kate, ^5 on the clean day!!! My day was mostly clean. A little too carby but I will fix that tomorrow.
Steph, sounds like you had a great girls day!

Off to find a warm blanket for Chris so I can make it cooler in here.

angie, sorry abt the wet bed!!!:eek::eek:

lisa, dang, girl! you are BUSY!!! boo to the car troubles!

colleen, no getting sick!

you gals are makin me want insanity!!!

clean eats excpt for a hunk of the zuke bread we made. gave the rest away!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.