One Rep Max

Mos Nef

So, I buckled and pre-ordered STS and I'm already very excited. Regarding finding my one rep max, I'm going to wait until farther down the line when STS begins shipping to actually do my test, since I expect some additional strength gains between where I am now, and where I'll be by then.

But, I'm just wondering, for those of you who have or are going to do the one rep max test(s), what type of lift are you doing? None of the tests I've found online for one rep max calculators (nor Cathe's description of an alternate method to find your one rep max), seem to indicate if it should be a biceps curl with a barbell, a chest press, or what? Does it even matter what type of lift it is, as long as I'm doing the recommended 10 reps or fewer to failure?

Wow, that's going to be a bit of work, but thank you.

Will STS include lists of all the various lifts we will need to do in advance of doing the STS workouts, so we know we've done all necessary one rep max tests before beginning the series? Or, will we just have to sort that out on our own by previewing the workouts?

I'm pretty sure that Chris has indicated that the lists & calculator are part of the workout manager. You might do a search of "workout Manager".

Whoa-- I didn't even know about the Workout Manager. I'm not new to Cathe videos, but I am new to these forums. Thanks for the tip, Debra!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.