On my way to run my first 5K

Travisli

Cathlete
Having never run an organized event before I'm excited to go and run my very first 5K. It's totally recreational and fun so I think it will be a perfect "first" for me!! Not to mention it's a beautifully sunny day after record rains!!!!

I will be back later to tell you how it went :eek:

Happy Saturday everyone!!

Having never run an organized event before I'm excited to go and run my very first 5K. It's totally recreational and fun so I think it will be a perfect "first" for me!! Not to mention it's a beautifully sunny day after record rains!!!!

I will be back later to tell you how it went :eek:

Happy Saturday everyone!!

Go! Miss Thang, Go!

You will have so much fun, plus it is incredibly rewarding and affirming.

You'll do great!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Have a great time!
But beware: you can become addicted, LOL!

I did my first 5k last year.
The year before, I'd only done a 2 mile competitive walk, and started my event 'season' last year with the same 2-mile competitive walk, came in second---after coming in an unrecognized 4th the first year---and got hooked on competing, so started some 5Ks after that.4

This year, I've already done 4 5Ks, at a rate of 2-3 per month (I'm not too much of a die-hard, though, as I skipped two I'd signed up for because of the weather: I don't do thunderstorm walks!)

Travis, . . .you go girl, . . besides the fact that you have a smokin new hair style you continue to inspire me!!! We are all cheering for you!!!!

Oooh, the first one is such a blast! I bet you cry at the finish line - I know I did! Congratulations - yet another Rocket Girl joins the pack!

So much fun!!!

I'm back!!! Actually, I've been back for a while :)

The 5K was fabulously fun! My 11 year old went with me and because he was with me I didn't run the entire race. He thought it would be much easier than it actually turned out to be for him so he walked alot. I ran anyway and he would catch up to me, but I waited for him at corners and then would walk with him so he wouldn't feel so alone.

Regardless of how we did it, WE DID IT! And it was one of the most awesome wonderful things I've ever done for me! I'm addicted in a serious way!!! And will be counting down to the next race I'm signed up for (a 10K Trail Run on July 11th).

It just really stoked me up for running the half marathon in October!!

I ran 3.12 miles in 43.17" (so you see I did a good deal of walking) -- wouldn't have traded the experience for anything. . . now I KNOW I can do it!! 29 days til the next one ;)

I tried to attach a picture of me and my kidlet at the race, but I can't get it to work . . . I have one on facebook for all my facebook/cathe friends :) - and if you're not yet my FB friend but want to be here's a link to me http://www.facebook.com/#!/MsTravisLi

Thanks for the support, I love you guys!

Yay! Congratulations Travis!

That's so cool you shared the run with your DS11. Good fun and good memories.

Races are addicting...there is so much camaraderie too, you can't help but feel connected somehow to everyone racing.

One down and many more to go!
:D

(I'm training for a half too.)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.