? on Cathe 6 foot TPE Bands ?

Debinmi

Cathlete
If you own Cathe's 6 foot TPE bands ... can you give me a gage on how easy the coral/light band is compared to Medium/Green band? Can you give me a gage on the Extra-Heavy/Yellow band compared to the Medium/Green? I have the Spri green band (and orange which I seldom use unless rehabing). I had a Spri band break this past year so was gonna replace during the Black Friday sale, but was wondering if I'd get much use out of the light and/or extra-heavy bands... TIA

There isn't what I would say is a big difference between the four different band tensions.
Hey Cathe staff,

I appreciate your response but I'm gonna differ ... I only have 2 bands left (which is why I'm in the market) and there's a noticeable difference in the tension of those two. My sister has a newer set of Cathe bands & informed me there's a big difference in the tension ... she says she seldom uses the Extra-heavy due to it being so strong.... she says it depends on the exercise which band she uses of the other 3 bands - she mostly uses the medium & heavy duty ones - seldom the light nor extra-heavy. But again, I appreciate the input ....

Debinmi if your sister's experience is with Cathe's handled tubing, I agree with you.

(This is why I agree with wanting to know more about TPE experience see if it is similar to my experience with Cathe's tubing.)

Hi Debinmi,

If you compare the light band to the extra heavy band, then yes there is a big difference, but not when you compare the light band to the medium band. Don't get me wrong, there is certainly a difference between all band tensions, but the jump for each different band is not what I would say is huge when comparing saying a light band to a medium band or a heavy band to an extra heavy band. But this will also depend on the exercise and the range of motion of the exercise which means sometimes you can easily use a heavier tension band and other times you won't be able to.

And yes the green band (medium tension)is our "goldilocks" band that most people use and what we use most often in our workouts. So, this is a band you should certainly have.

I’ll go back and forth between the pink and green TPE long bands. There are some exercises like y’s and t back band pulls where the green band is too much resistance for me and I’m afraid of injuring myself so I choose to err on the lighter side and play it safe.

I’ll go back and forth between the pink and green TPE long bands. There are some exercises like y’s and t back band pulls where the green band is too much resistance for me and I’m afraid of injuring myself so I choose to err on the lighter side and play it safe.
Sounds like me with the handled tubing...I keep them all out and pause my DVD until I find the right resistance for the exercise.

Sounds like me with the handled tubing...I keep them all out and pause my DVD until I find the right resistance for the exercise.
If it's a "new-to-me" workout, I usually start with the "goldilocks" medium tension, then adjust from there. I rely on my weight worksheets for the tension I used last for workouts I've have experience with.

I go between light and medium tension depending on the exercise. If it's a new workout I start with the light tension and make notes on where I think I can go up to medium and try that the next time I do the workout. I do this with weights too. I start lighter if it is a new workout.

Sorry if I sounded short in my response. Didn't mean it that way. I usually use the medium and heavy, not as much on the extra tension unless I'm doing less reps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.