OMG! Shooting at DH office in ST Louis

tsagona

Cathlete
It's all over FOX news. My DH just started a new job in St. Louis, MO and today an employee entered with a rifle and started shooting people. I rec'd text messages from DH so I know he's okay. But OMG! I certainly hope this isn't a sign that this isn't the right move for us - relocating to St. Louis. :( Too late now. I'm here selling my house (got a contract and closing 1/29/10) and he's there in temporary housing. Oh well, I guess we got nowhere to go but up from here right?

Oh, Tracy, {{{{HUGS}}}} I don't think St. Louis is considered abnormally dangerous--let's hope this is an aberration. I'm so glad your DH is okay. I'll keep you and the people hurt in this mess in my thoughts.

anne

Oh no!!!! How scary!!!! Glad DH is fine. I don't think St Louis is anymore dangerous than anywhere else. Just happened to be a day when a crazy person was out and about, unfortunately. I don't think its his workplace or the area, I think it is just an awful coincidence. I'm sure everything will be fine going forward.

{{{HUGS}}}

Nan

I'm glad your DH is okay! What a thing to happen right after starting a new job! This story caught my eye since my DH is from STL and most of his family is still there. I don't think STL is alone in having its share of crazy people. Hang in there!

Glad to hear your husband is safe.

These shootings are so horrific. We still live in a great country but something has to be done about the violence.

OMG what a scary situation!! I'm glad DH is ok!!

As everyone else said, I don't think this means STL is a dangerous place to live nor a mistake on your part for moving there. Unfortunately, we live in a world full of crazy people. I live in the suburbs of SW New York, the last place you would typically expect violence; in November, we had some loony take hostages in a school! Thankfully no one was hurt. Hang in there!!

i am very sorry to the families who did lose somebody but glad to hear your dh is okay. that is very scary

kassia

Thanks to everyone for your very kind words. The latest count is 4 were killed and 5 are in the hospital. One of the killed is the gunman. My heart just goes out to the victims and their families. I just hate this kind of stuff. It's so pointless and so very sad.

Tracy,
I'm so glad your husband is ok. Let me assure you that STL is not a dangerous place to live. I've lived here the majority of my life and feel safe in my home. Of course there are parts of the city that are safer than others. I don't live in the city proper, but in the county suburbs. There are so many wonderful areas to live in. Good luck once you move here. If you want to PM me, please do so. I don't know exactly how to PM, but I'm sure I can figure it out. HTH!!
Paula

Tracy,
I heard about this on the news .
Very scary!
I'm glad DH is alright.
Makes you wonder if anywhere is safe anymore.

Tracy,
I've lived in the St Louis area (St. Peters, MO) for over 30 years and can tell you it's a wonderful place to live. Most people who move here never want to leave.
Please don't let one sick person discourage you. I'm very happy your husband was not hurt.
Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.