OMG ! IMAX 2 !!!!!!!

Bernard

Cathlete
Hello there !

I finally did Imax 2 last night, and I take it all back, it is easier than Imax 1, though it 'looks' harder than Imax 1, if you are pre-viewing it.

I only intended going as far as interval 5, but I was enjoying myself that much, that I decided to continue til the bitter end ! I made it to the Pina Colada song !!!!!!!!! :D :7 :D :7

Can you believe I have had this tape since January !!!!!?????

Roll on Imax 3 !

Anna :)

I can't go more than 1 - 2 weeks without doing IMAX2! I just love everything about this tape. I pull out IMAX1 every 3-4 weeks. It is harder and I find the music in IMAX2 more motivating! Glad you liked it!! You'll definetly see results incorporating it into your routine! Susan

Hello,

I did IMax 2 this morning for the first time. I was only able to do intervals 1-6. AWESOME :) :)

Interval 6 always terrified me, but I DID IT!! :) I enjoyed it so much that I did it again. :)

Isn't it fun Anna.....I think it's the music, I find myself looking forward to interval 9, the music just pumps you up and makes you want to jump higher on those airbornes!!!! IMAX I IS harder and at the stage I'm at now, I'll happily do IMAX II instead!!! Congratulations....you'll be doing it every week now!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this tape. You know that already Bernard don't you??? HE HE HE
THis tape rocks!!!!!! This morning I knew I need to do an interval tape and I wanted to do a different one for variety but I am so tempted to do IMAX 2.
I love the Interval Maxes.....they are awesome!
Michelle

OK, I will admit to being new to Cathe, and also having no dance ability whatsoever. Give me weights, and a tall box to climb and I will pound it out, but give me too many steps to learn and I am crying. I was so excited to finally try IMAX this morning, but even this evening I am still feeling like a big loser because I couldn't finish it. Up and over, and figure eights, and leaping around the step jumping here and there.......it all looks like so much fun, but I am turned around (trying to see the television) trying to figure out what to do and practically falling over myself stumbling over my step! I am sure it is quite funny to God in Heaven looking down on me, but I am just wishing I could have done it right.

My question is does the choreography get easier, or is there better step tape to start with? It almost seems that there are names for combinations that I have never heard before. While the cuing is terrific, I have no idea what the move is Cathe is trying to tell me to do. I am not new to step aerobics, but goodness this just seems a bit over my head.

Maybe it is as simple as telling me to keep going and eventually I will get it. I hope so.........

Yes, keep going! Just look at it this way: cardio klutziness is God's way of protecting you from too much intensity at once! By the time you get it, your heart and lungs will also be ready.

Step choreography adds another fitness benefit, and that's agility, and IMO it's very important.

Don't worry, you'll get it. Intersperse more familiar workouts into your rotation.

Cheers! - Connie

Re: Dani53

Maybe you could do one interval two or three times to learn it. When you learn the first step section and interval move on to the second one. While learning an interval have another workout ready to pop in and finish your workout with something you know. You will get it and once you do it is so much fun!
:7

I LOVE this video as well. I do it once a week in it's entirety and then either intervals 1-5 or intervals 1-6 once a week when I train upper body. It's definitely a favorite!

I'm obviously not in the minority here, I love this tape too! It's my favorite of all of her tapes that I have tried. It sure does kick my butt though. But I do try to do it once a week as well. It just feels so good afterwards when I'm done and I've done the whole thing. I could just hug myself for getting through it once again!
Just thought I would add my 2 cents!!

You know what, I appreciate what you two had to say. I do think that is what I was looking forward to so much, was the cardio workout, and I was mentally ready to push myself to do it. I just got sideswiped with the manuvering. I also totally agree that the fancy footwork is huge! I think all the little muscles in your feet, strengthening ankles, that sort of thing, all comes together when you can make all the changes in direction.....not to mention the lack of boredom. I can say for sure that I was not bored! I must have rewound the tape 5 times on the first three intervals, and by the time I threw in the towel I needed one to wipe my forehead:)

Thanks for pointing out, once again, that God likes to save me from myself! That is such a nice perspective from the loser one I was feeling!

I can't believe how many of you think 1 is harder than 2!! I think I am ready to go to an 8" step on IMAX 1. Maybe that is why all of you think it is harder, huh? DUH! Well, I am only 5', so I always shudder at the thought of 8" step!

Janice

I use an 8" step only when I want to bust a performance plateau in Imax1. I use the 8" twice, and then back at 6" I can do more with less modifications.

But, I have never yet done that tape totally modification-free.

Dani: I think it would be hard for someone to do IMAX2 if they haven't done Cathe's videos before. She doesn't break down her moves, as many of them are from past videos. She does add new moves in all videos, but many are favorite standby's. If you are new to Cathe, then ALL the moves are new (not just the new ones). Does that make since? Old-Cathe fans have already struggled through maybe 1/3 of the moves in past videos.

I've been doing Cathe videos for years now & they're so challenging and fun! Hang in there and you will enjoy them too. If you still find the choreography too challenging, I'd recommend buying some of her older videos.

Have a great day!

Melanie
Due 1/25/04

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.