Okay..Who LOVES Their Vacuum?

pippa

Cathlete
I need to get a new vacuum. Over the years I've had 2 incarnations of the Eureka *Boss* Smart Vac. It's never given me any trouble and seems to work well enough. I'd just get another version of this same thing but it is impossible to find and if I want to have it shipped I have to wait 2 months.

I started looking at other vacuums but, as you can imagine, opinions are widely varied.:p

So I thought I'd ask my wonderfully intelligent fitness-friends for their opinions. Do you have a vacuum that you absolutely love? I'm not overly-picky about price but I do want something reliable. I vacuum frequently(I like things to be clean!) but I don't have any pets or small children.

Thanks in advance!:)

I love my Electrolux. I bought my first two used & both lasted about 10 years. I just bought a new one a few months ago & was shocked at how much the price had dropped (they used to run over $1000, this one wass less than $400).

My first 2 were uprights, but I decided to try a canister vac this time around & I do love it! SO easy to use. Tons of attachments. And it really sucks hard. ;)

Hmmm...I had never considered a canister before. I've always had uprights. I've just started looking but so far it does seem like the everyone agrees that the Electrolux *sucks really hard*...which is very important to me.:p

Thanks, Laura! Do you find it bulky? I think the reason I've never used a canister is because I thought it would be a pain to have to move it around. I live in an apartment so I don't have any stairs. It can't be any harder than moving a regular upright. right?

My hubby pushes the vaccuum around, and I love him. Does that count? :p All I know about the thing is that it is green. (I think) :p

Nan

ITA w/Wendy .. Dyson DOES rock!!! It is by far the best out there IMHO!!

now i also splurged and got the irobot - roomba .. and I love it too .. for in between cleaning jobs ..

but Dyson is well worth the money!!!!:D

Okay...I'm looking at the Dyson and there's a million different kinds. Anyone want to volunteer their favorite model(#, name, etc)?:)

I have an animal ball dyson and liked it when I first got it but then it started to smell really bad. I rinsed out the tunnel areas that had a lot of built up dust and dirt. This did help the smell and it's like a new vacuum after.

Overall, I love the dyson. I don't have to continue to buy vacuum bags, the filter you rinse and reuse, it never looses suction, and the ball makes it really easy to move around with. The Cons I have would be cleaning it and all the plastic parts. Also, I am now seeing tons of knock off's that "claim" to have the same concept.

Vacuum? What's a vacuum? LOL! I hate housework as you can see! I rarely pull the POS vacuum I have out and just sweep. I wanted a Dyson, but what I REALLY want are a couple of Roombas! My friend has one and she loves hers! I also want that Shark steam thingy. That looks like fun!

Pippa...I'm Team Dyson, too. I bought one last month and it is AMAZING. It's making dinner now. ;) I have the yellow canister, not the ball. I didn't care for the ball Dysons...but it's just a matter of preference. PS...if you want a really good deal AND the largest selection, find a sale on Dysons going on in the paper (it was Target for me) and then go to Sears to find the one you like and they will match the price of the sale anywhere else. Plus...you get to test all of them out before you buy and see which one you like.

Hope this helps! :)Jonezie

Kenmore basic heppa filter vac for me. It picks up cat hair like no other. Best vac I ever had other than my first Kenmore.

A big thank you for all replies! I'm still researching but am now leaning toward a Dyson.

Jonezie...thank you for mentioning Sears! I had totally forgot about them. I had checked all of the usual suspects but they had escaped my mind...and they're so much cheaper! You just saved me some money.:p

Thanks again!:):)

Hi Pippa .... I am a vacuum fanatic. By this I mean, it seems that I am always on a quest to find the perfect vacuum. I was fortunate enough to have central vac for years, but once that wasn't available I had a Hoover, a couple Eurekas, a Bissell ... all great at first, then completely worthless. I should say that we have a Border Collie with crazy long hair, 2 horses, a husband that works in dirt, 2 kids, little grass .... well, somehow it all seems to end up on my floors!

After 9 months, I am still in love with my Riccar. They are sold directly from vacuum service places, are made in the US, and the salesman told me it should last me 10 years. I can change the belt, bag and unclog it myself, it is extremely simple and I love it!

I considered the Dyson for a long time, but there were many mixed reviews on them. It used to be that the belt cost over $100 to replace, but I think that Dyson might have a different sort of warranty now. Definitely check on that. When I went to the vacuum service shop (I used to have to take the Bissell in there every 2 months) they had a ton of Dyson's that were waiting on repair. But I do like the concept of them! And the colors. :)

I went around and around about this a few months ago and finally bought a Kenmore and really it is fine. I had been using my DIL"S very pricey Electrolux and almost caved and bought one but after a little research and talking to people who clean houses for a living I got the Kenmore. I had had one before and it lasted 10 years with no problem. Anyway I am happy so far with the purchase. This decision drove me crazy and I was sweeping (occasionally). Finally just went out one day and bought the vacuum.

I LOVE my Dyson Ball!!! If it ever breaks, I'll probably get the Dyson Ball Animal one. It's been the best vacuum we have ever had.

Oh my Dyson is the yellow one .. bought it when they first came out .. it is original model .. and it is still just as good as first day I got it .. (nock on wood) ... and yes like others if it broke I would go and and buy another one!!!

I would either buy the same yellow original one or the purple animal .. I have 2 huge furbabies in the house that SHED ... and the yellow one works perfectly!!

I will add on the roomba .. it makes my Dyson's job a LOT easier :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.