OK 'fess up, who's caught royal wedding fever?

I am a definite anglophile and a BBC officionado. I also think Kate is a class act. I wish them well. It is going to be tough for them to live in a fish bowl existence.
My current position in life gives me a little taste of this type of life and cannot imagine the demands of this life on a larger scale>

I remember watching the wedding of Charles and Diana, and believing, just the tiniest bit, in the fantasy of it all. I had respect and admiration for Diana over the years. The way that marriage ended, and the way Diana ended, turned it into a horror story for me. Now, I cannot watch even a snippet of that wedding without feeling a chill down my spine. Maybe that's why I have seen so little of the coverage of this upcoming wedding, that I was surprised to see it as the main story in the NY Times Week In Review section. I didn't even realize the extent of the coverage!

I remember charles and diana's wedding but the one I really remember gathering around the tv for was Luke and Laura's wedding which I thought was a major event (at least to a 6 yr old!). :)

Imagine how much good they could do with all the money that is being spent on the wedding.

Debbie

No, just not interested, I'm sure I'll see any interesting snippets on the morning news. BUT, and this is funny, I just had someone reschedule a meeting for Monday because she wants to watch all the wedding events tomorrow.

I'll be watching from up here in the colonies! We don't have the day off in Canada but a lot of my peeps and I will be getting up at 4:00 a.m. to watch a few hours. There are bars opening all over Toronto tomorrow morning where they will be serving traditional English breakfasts and watching the festivities on TV.

Stebby

I'll be watching from up here in the colonies! We don't have the day off in Canada but a lot of my peeps and I will be getting up at 4:00 a.m. to watch a few hours. There are bars opening all over Toronto tomorrow morning where they will be serving traditional English breakfasts and watching the festivities on TV.

Stebby

Oh man, I wasn't going to post on this thread 'cause I have no interest in watching any weddings; not even my own (I did the quick Vegas thing). But traditional English breakfast? That's something I'd get my butt out of bed for!

Seriously, I don't have a single photo of my wedding and yet I'm happily married.

Last edited:
I am excited about it as well... I do think with all the heartache in the world... it is nice to see a couple who is in love or something more of a celebration instead of the constant barrage of death lately. Compared to the shorter courtships of other recent royals, I think the 8 years they have spent dating says a lot about their relationship... and of course we dont know their day to day - but they are a beautiful couple and I am looking forward to seeing her dress.

I watched Charles and Diana, and Dianas funeral and will watch the wedding tonight as well. Cheers Laura!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.