OK 'fess up, who's caught royal wedding fever?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I just can't get enough of this stuff. With all the struggle & strife going on in the world today, it's so much fun watching this young couple in love, who also happen to be the next King & Queen of England (well, that's how England's citizens want it anyway) planning this huge event. I can't stop watching all the gossip shows, the replays of Charles & Di's wedding, the mystery around the gown, etc. etc.

I'm seriously considering taking Friday off to watch it. I did for Charles & Di, I did for Andrew & Fergie. Why break tradition now? ;)

My 14 yr old DD is driving me crazy with this! :eek: She's already warned us not to have anything else on our DVR so she can record EVERYTHING on Friday. I do remember getting up early at a friend's house to watch Charles and Di's wedding when I was in high school. I'm sure I'll watch some of it. Enjoy Friday!!!
Paula

Consider me as someone with semi-fever. I probably won't get up at the crack of dawn, but I'm excited to see her gown.

I think I sold or traded my copy of "How to Get in Shape for Your Wedding", but if I still had it, I would do it on Thursday in anticipation of the big day!

I'm going to record it. I still remember Charles & Di, having a sleepover at my friend's house. I think we must have been in sleeping bags in the den b/c I woke up to her mother watching the wedding live. I don't remember many details so I must've gone right back to dreamland.

Will and Kate are so gorgeous, it really is like a fairy tale :)

Royal wedding? Is there a wedding? I must have missed this - has this been reported in the news or anything?

Honestly, I can't wait until next week when it's all over.

Only if you consider wedding "fever" as a true illness, in other words I'm truly SICK of hearing about it! I just do not care about it, or the dress, or who's on the guest list, etc etc etc. It's like a media circus complete with the clowns!

Royal wedding? Is there a wedding? I must have missed this - has this been reported in the news or anything?

Honestly, I can't wait until next week when it's all over.

I'm with NY25. I'm looking forward to Saturday! LMAO! I'm sick to death of hearing about it. Although I sure love looking at the London scenery. Makes me want to go there.

LOL! Sorry Laura!!! :cool:

Your side of the pond have had it rammed down your throats for weeks. Fox, NBC, CNN on satelite have gone over board with coverage. Its interesting to view the cultural differences in reporting. The BBC have had little snippets on the news at the end on how the USA has reported. In the UK, BBC have only recently begun to ramp up coverage of the tittle tattle. Its like Okay magazine... not to be taken seriously, have a good giggle for the politicans will be back on Saturday and they are USELESS!

Your side of the pond have had it rammed down your throats for weeks. Fox, NBC, CNN on satelite have gone over board with coverage. Its interesting to view the cultural differences in reporting. The BBC have had little snippets on the news at the end on how the USA has reported. In the UK, BBC have only recently begun to ramp up coverage of the tittle tattle. Its like Okay magazine... not to be taken seriously, have a good giggle for the politicans will be back on Saturday and they are USELESS!

Exactly my point! So much tragedy happening these days, it's fun to concentrate on something light, fluffy & romantic. :) I don't feel like it's being rammed down our throats. We have a zillion TV channels. If one doesn't want to watch it, one does not need to. ;)

Which makes me a little confused. If you're "SICK of hearing about it" & "can't wait til it's over," why on earth would you read this thread, much less comment on it? :confused:

Sorry but I have no interest in it either and thankfully also not much interest in tv watching or I'd be ready to hurl every time I saw mention of it over the past several months. It's bad enough I have to hear about it on the radio! :p

Exactly my point! So much tragedy happening these days, it's fun to concentrate on something light, fluffy & romantic. :) I don't feel like it's being rammed down our throats. We have a zillion TV channels. If one doesn't want to watch it, one does not need to. ;)

Which makes me a little confused. If you're "SICK of hearing about it" & "can't wait til it's over," why on earth would you read this thread, much less comment on it? :confused:

I opened it because I've truly been wondering who on EARTH in the US could possible give a rip about this. It actually *is* difficult to escape it. I can't watch the morning news at all this week. I get about 4 minutes of actual news, followed by 20 minutes of wedding related dribble. If I change the channel, different dribble, but still wedding dribble. Not that the Today Show is a hard hitting news program, but usually the first hour contains - actual news. Not predictions about what hat Meredith is going to wear on Friday. Seriously? At 7:30am, that's all they've got to talk about?? Save it for the 9:00 hour when people are actively looking for fluff and you've already covered the news.

We don't know these people. We have NO idea if they actually ARE in love vs. it's time this future king get married and she was the chosen one because she's pretty and looks nice standing next to him. That **really** wouldn't be unheard of....

I understand people in the UK caring about it - it is a big deal for them, as I understand it. But here? I really just don't get it.

I’m not catching most of the coverage, but I *am* interested and have been watching bits and pieces. I always liked Princess Diana and felt so bad for the boys when she passed, so I guess you could say that while I don’t always follow royal news, I do “root for” them both. I plan to watch at least part of the ceremony. I remembering seeing Fergie & Andrew’s wedding on TV with my Oma in Germany. That shared viewing experience became one of many fond memories of Oma’s last summer with us.

I think the difference is that the USA news bulletins concreate on it for the majority of the duration of the programme. BBC etc. only give you a snippet at the end of the bulletin. I pity the public if this is the preception I have gained. Interesting coverage..As they state only in America.

Actually, Diana was never a princess, she never had that title. Only Anne is a Princess, by birth. Diana was Diana, Princess of Wales, that was the only title she had, through marriage. There is a difference! I know, it may seem silly but there you are.

I don't watch these things and my TV is only fit for viewing DVDs anyway. I will look at the dress, because if she dresses in some god-awful meringue get up, there is no hope for her having any kind of self-determination within a royal role and she needs to make her won path. I think I am too cynical to believe that this marriage will work any better than most other royal marriages in recent history, apart from, of course, Queen Elizabeth II herself. What she wears, where they will live, blah, blah, matters not a bit to me. But I see no difference really in the coverage of this event and the amount of newsprint and media coverage devoted all year long to J-Lo, Brangelina, and other celebrities.

At least the royal couple will spend their lives devoted to charitable works and promoting something other than themselves at the box office or in the charts.

Life is hard, times are dull and stricken: who couldn't use a little fantasy, home grown or borrowed?

Clare

I have absolutely NO interest in the wedding or for that matter, ANY celebrity gossip or events. To me, there is no point in wasting my time watching garbage. And yes, local, national, and cable news are all over this thing. Most of us could care less. I have bigger issues like paying $4 for a gallon of gas and my grocery bills are sky rocketing. We have enough celebrity junk and updates in this country as is, I don't need to know about those in other countries. I really do have more important things to watch for.

If I want something less intense and more fun, that's what movies are for! I don't need the news trying to entertain and lighten my mood!! That's personally why I opened this thread.

Last edited:
By my standards of interest in celebrities and such things, this has caught my attention. I normally don't care in the least about the goings-on of celebrity types (although I do occasionally like to see the pics of their dresses), but I have been reading the articles on Will and Kate. I think they are adorable and I do wish them luck, as I would any couple. Having a mother who was so adversely effected by the papparazzi (sp?) and her unhappy marriage, I would hope William would have the sense not to marry a woman who's just caught up in the glitz and status of it all. Hopefully she's a sensible lady. She's certainly a classy dresser. Anyway, I'll be at work while all this is going on, but I'm sure I'll look online for pics and articles later. I'm curious about her dress as well. I'm also interested in all the little customs and particulars that go along with the ceremony, such as what she'll do with her boquet, etc. =)

I am in the same thoughts as LauraMax. With all the doom & gloom going on it's nice to be able to see some big-time optimism for the future! Not sure I'm going to be up at 2am to watch it but will def DVR it!

As a parent you always want your children to be happy with their choice of life long partners.... particularly when they will eventually sit on the thrown!

Fairyland here I come!! See ya there, Laura and other nice royal fans! :D:D

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.