Ohhhh, how I miss Cathe.....

How did your race go? I have been running for the past year or so and did my first half in May. Word of caution...races are addictive. I am not super fast but more people finish after me then before me. I am now getting ready to do my 5th half in as many months next weekend. But I am also lucky enough to live in an area that allows me to run outdoors most days so I don't have to use the dreadmill too often.

Hey, Ladies. The race was tough. DH didn't warn me about all the hills. Miles 2-8 was all up and down; so full of rocks, roots and steep hills. By mile 9, I was so done. I walked more than I thought I would because of all the hills in the beginning. But, I was determined to finish. I ran when I could and walked the other parts. It was raining after mile 4, then at mile 9 it really stared raining. I couldn't believe it.

DH never leaves me on the trails normally, but that day I really wanted him to have a good run and I found a running partner who was running my pace. So, he went on to finish at 2:22. I ended up leaving my running partner because those hills gassed her. I ended up doing most of the race alone or near other runners/walkers. It was fine tho. Very peaceful and refreshing. I had trained up to 11 miles before so being on my feet that long didn't bother me. I was stoked for a 3 hour race. This was my first legit half - my goal was to just finish and I did - 3:05 - tired, sore, inspired, proud and happy with myself.

Will I do it again next year - you bet!! I will be better prepared too. I'll start training in April. For now, I'll run twice a week so I can get my Cathe fix.

Did someone say additive? Yes, you're so right.

Excellent job!! An accomplishment worthy of praise for sure! Be proud of yourself because you def earned it! I did an obstacle course and the only competitor I had was myself! Happy to finish for sure. I was with my family and we had fun but I just wanted to get through it. Congrats on your hard work!

Hey, Ladies. The race was tough. DH didn't warn me about all the hills. Miles 2-8 was all up and down; so full of rocks, roots and steep hills. By mile 9, I was so done. I walked more than I thought I would because of all the hills in the beginning. But, I was determined to finish. I ran when I could and walked the other parts. It was raining after mile 4, then at mile 9 it really stared raining. I couldn't believe it.

DH never leaves me on the trails normally, but that day I really wanted him to have a good run and I found a running partner who was running my pace. So, he went on to finish at 2:22. I ended up leaving my running partner because those hills gassed her. I ended up doing most of the race alone or near other runners/walkers. It was fine tho. Very peaceful and refreshing. I had trained up to 11 miles before so being on my feet that long didn't bother me. I was stoked for a 3 hour race. This was my first legit half - my goal was to just finish and I did - 3:05 - tired, sore, inspired, proud and happy with myself.

Will I do it again next year - you bet!! I will be better prepared too. I'll start training in April. For now, I'll run twice a week so I can get my Cathe fix.

WTG! I'm glad you finished, accomplished & excited about returning next year. That's inspiring. :)

Way to Go!!

Awesome and good for you! For me the races are all about pushing myself out of my comfort zone and seeing if I can do it.
There is a natural progression through the course of the race: Start out feeling nervous but excited, get into the groove and think "I can do this", hit the wall and think "why in the hell did I sign up for this", hit the wall harder and think "I will never do this again", Finish and think "woo hoo! I did it when do I sign up for the next one"

Congrats!

Congratulations--What an accomplishment!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.