Nutritional Guidelines

isingprais

With the new program, STS, and getting the proper results, are there any nutritional guidelines we should follow?

I know there is a nutritional component that will be added to Cathe's website, though I'm not quite sure what it will involve or how extensive it will be. IIRC there are supposed to be some significant changes to this site that sound pretty exciting. I'm also hoping that availability of the "workout blender" (where you can purchase various chapters from Cathe's workouts and download them so as to create your own mish-moshes) will come with these site changes!! :) Hopefully soon.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Thanks for the response. With all the hard work I expect to do with this STS series, I didn't want to sabotage it with too much carbs, or too much protein. :)

Francine

I really hope that there are some nutritional guidelines.

I am embarassed to say this, but the food with that pack the most punch are at times out of financial reach for me.

My family lives on a very limited food budget.

I try to live a vegan lifestyle, but it is very difficult to do since my family does not eat the way I eat.

I agree with you. It seems that when we try to eat healthy, and pick healthy foods (which are suppose to me more natural), we end up spending more money than if we buy processed foods.

But...now I can't go back to how I use to eat. Processed foods don't agree with my stomach any longer.

Well, hopefully there will be some nutrional guidelines with this STS program.

I am also hoping for some practical, nutritional help. I am embarrassed to say that I ordered P90X out of pure frustration to get started, but the bigger part of it was it came with a nutritional component, 3 phases. I know many people don't think that's a big deal, but it is. Some of us could use a little more guidance to get us kickstarted in the right direction without having to spend a fortune. I hope Cathe will have something like that.

Carrie

:) :) :)

ME TOO!!!!!! I try to eat healthy and I think I do a pretty good job (most of the time). I cheat here and there of course but if I didn't do that I would go nuts. Ya gotta live a little and be happy!!! Anyway, I could use some more guidance also in the nutritional sense. I never know exactly what to eat before and after my workouts (and in between)!!!! HAHAHAHA. I mainly try to stay away from bad fats and sugar and over processed stuff. Its hard though!!!
I really can't wait for the nutritional part of the new system. Every little bit helps.

GO CATHE!!!!

THERESA

:) :)

Hi Carrie! I agree! P90X was given to me by a friend (Yeah) BUT I would have paid for the nutritional info book that came with it! SO easy to follow with the blocks of how many carbs, proteins, etc...and then the page that gave the serving sizes....it has helped me tremendously and yes you are very right about diet being a big deal....and I'm finding it out by following the phase 1 AND working out.

It would be so awesome if Cathe has something like that in the works - being that I'm a Catheite and not a "Tony-ite" te/he;-)

I can't wait for my package to arrive now. I have a funny feeling that phase one (nutrition) will be the most difficult x(, but that's alright because that's exactly what I need:), bring it on, opps, I think that's actually Tony's motto:eek:

Let me know how well you do in the P90X program. I'll be joining in on the fun probably around Monday when the Fedex truck gets here.

Carrie

Thanks! I'll have to pick that up.

Right now I eat lean meats, 100% whole grains (nothing bleached), green leafy vegetables,fruit, and low fat or non-fat dairy (milk, cheese, etc.)

I was just wondering though is there a ratio between carbs, and protein to get enough energy to do the STS, plus tone and shape the muscles.

But, I'll check out Tosca Reno.

Francine

Tosca's book is really about eating non-processed foods. I think a good ratio for a lot of people is a 40-30-30. Protein, carbs and fat, but some people also do better on 30-40-30, protein, carbs and fat. You really have to listen to your body - trust your body and remember you are what you eat and you are what "it" ate.

P.S. There is also a Clean Eating magazine that comes out about every three months that has great recipes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.