Numb toes

tsagona

Cathlete
So frequently when I do cardio my toes are become numb for like the first 10-15 minutes. Feels like when you've been in cold weather for too long. I thought maybe my shoes were tied too tightly and I loosened my shoes but that isn't the problem because it happens every time. I may have poor circulation I guess.

Anyone else ever have numbness in their toes?

Thanks.

Tracy,

I don't know if it's the same problem, it may not be, but a few years ago I was having the exact same problem of numbness in my toes when I was doing Turbofire rotation and I went to a Podiatrist who told me I was spending too much time on my toes (during my aerobic workouts). He also told me to go to a sporting goods store and be fitted for a good pair of sneakers.

So you might want to check yourself during your cardio workouts and see a Podiatrist if it continues.

Hope that helps,
Vicky

I get numb toes during cardio when I'm not wearing the right shoes or they are worn out. I have to have good support under the ball of my foot. If I start getting numb toes new shoes has always solved the issue. ASIC gels have helped. I can tell I need new shoes soon cuz I'm starting to feel foot pain.

I have Reynaud's Disease which causes numb fingers and toes. My toes go numb during the first 10 minutes or so of my workout due to the cold tile I work out on. I usually don't get it in the summer. You can get it in your fingers and toes (google it for good info and see if it sounds like what you are experiencing). The affected fingers or toes usually turn completely white and get super cold/numb. Heating them up with hot water helps it go away. Unless you have other issues, Reynaud's is really not anything to worry about. I just hate being cold but I seem to be cold all the time! :)

Tracy,

What kind of cardio workouts are you doing when you experience the numbness in your toes? Is it all cardio types, or just specific types? That might give you a clue to the issue.

I used to get numb toes when using the ellpictal, and figured out it was because my weight distribution was all off (similar to what a PP suggested). I fixed my form and that fixed the problem.

I get numb toes too. They heat up after a little while. I wear Asics shoes as someone recommended here on an earlier post. For me, it really doesn't matter whether my shoes have good support....my toes get cold very easily. I generally even wear socks to bed in the summer as well as the winter!

I started doing step workouts about 15 years ago, and I ALWAYS ended up with numb toes. I went through so many sneakers, tied them loosely and tied them tightly. It didn't matter and I just started ignoring it as much as I could. Nearly two years ago I started wearing Vibram Five Fingers and eventually felt confident enough to step in them. No problems ever again. In Vibrams, my entire foot is involved in the action and my toes move. No numbness.

I wouldn't recommend going straight from sneakers to vibram (or barefoot) stepping, though. It takes time to build up the strength and flexibility in the foot to keep from hurting yourself.

I have reynauds also. If you are affected with that, your veins spasm and do not regulate. They either swell, or constrict. I find that I need to buy gloves and shoes 1/2 size larger than I am, or buy men's shoes and gloves to accommodate the swelling. Same with rings. When there is not enough "swelling room," I end up very numb and with the other frustrating symptoms as well. Also, I can not wear cotton socs - they need to be very wicking. Underarmour hear gear works well for me.

I have Reynaud's Disease which causes numb fingers and toes. My toes go numb during the first 10 minutes or so of my workout due to the cold tile I work out on. I usually don't get it in the summer. You can get it in your fingers and toes (google it for good info and see if it sounds like what you are experiencing). The affected fingers or toes usually turn completely white and get super cold/numb. Heating them up with hot water helps it go away. Unless you have other issues, Reynaud's is really not anything to worry about. I just hate being cold but I seem to be cold all the time! :)

I have Reynaud's too. It's frustrating but I don't experience the numbness when I am working out.

Tracee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.