Nov 2013 Rotation

tlc93 - I'm not so sure there's ANYTHING quite as evil as plyo legs ;) - it's the one w/o which replaces my leg muscles with overcooked noodles, and keeps me hungry all day. However, it is very similar in style to Cardio Leg Blast (weights, cardio alternated). Just go quite heavy on the weights.
Best of luck
Justine

Here are some ideas off the top of my head...

MMA Boxing is more steady state, so if I were you I would just sub in any steady state cardio, like Athletic Step, Step Moves, Rhythmic Step, Slide & Glide cardio, etc.

Kick Max is mostly steady state but does have about 15 mins of intervals, so something like Step Blast would be comparable (since it's mostly steady state with a "blast" thrown in at the end, which is a good 15 mins of huffing and puffing). Or Imax 2, since it has intervals but isn't as killer as Imax 1 or 3. Or the step routine from Body Max 2 (including the cardio leg drills).

Obviously you could also sub with a workout of your choice, like running or cycling. Just keeping it more steady state for the Boxing day and including a few intervals for the Kick Max day.

HTH!

Lisa la machina, thank you so much for your suggestions, it helped a ton.

Hey Justinef.....thanks for the info! Since the drooling episode after doing X77 I'm not sure if I can handle noodle legs too! Been pretty faithful with this rotation, adding extra cardio (because I'm weird like that) and my lower half is a bit angry with me right now. Going to bed with a heating pad (low setting and automatic off timer). Yikes!:eek:

All you fabulous Catheletes--Do you consider Metabolic conditioning days (combining cardio and weights with intervals etc) to be cardio or weights in your workout rotations? How many days of high-intensity cardio do you do weekly? Steady state cardio?

All you fabulous Catheletes--Do you consider Metabolic conditioning days (combining cardio and weights with intervals etc) to be cardio or weights in your workout rotations? How many days of high-intensity cardio do you do weekly? Steady state cardio?

• How many day of Hiit versus Steady state cardio: ratio of 3:2 or 2:3 . Cardio and Weight can be considered as a Hiit.
  • Depending on your own fitness level, light to very light weight circuit is considered as cardio.
Very light to light weight less than 5 pounds.

HTH

Hi JLFit
At the moment, my generic rotation is:

Hiit +Abs
UB heavy weights
LB cardio weights (eg plyo legs / cardio leg blast etc)
UB Heavy weights
LB Heavy weights
Met con or UB circuit

I'm loving it! Getting some nice results, but I know I'll have to change it all again soon, as my body starts to anticipate what's coming.

• How many day of Hiit versus Steady state cardio: ratio of 3:2 or 2:3 . Cardio and Weight can be considered as a Hiit.
  • Depending on your own fitness level, light to very light weight circuit is considered as cardio.
Very light to light weight less than 5 pounds.

HTH
Thanks so much for your feedback. I would completely agree that cardio and weight is a HIIT.
I have a high fitness level. I usually use heavier weight though with my HIIT workouts--I lift for every major muscle group and my weight is usually between 8-15 pounds, but definitely not as heavy as when I just strength train. What do you think? Still count as cardio? I have been counting it as both a cardio and weight, so I don't lift the next day. Any thoughts?

Hi JLFit
At the moment, my generic rotation is:

Hiit +Abs
UB heavy weights
LB cardio weights (eg plyo legs / cardio leg blast etc)
UB Heavy weights
LB Heavy weights
Met con or UB circuit

I'm loving it! Getting some nice results, but I know I'll have to change it all again soon, as my body starts to anticipate what's coming.

Thanks for the feedback. Totally new to Cathy- what is met con? Is that a specific DVD?

Sorry, JLit - I was talking 'Cathe-speak'! It's just what type of workout I do on a particular day - so on Monday I do a Hiit workout and then add in some abs work, on Tuesday an Upper Body Heavy weights workout etc. Met con I used as shorthand for metabolic conditioning - I count high reps work, or circuits as 'met con'.

Plyo Legs is from the STS bundle, and Cardio Leg Blast is from the Xtrain series (both awesome series).

Thanks so much for your feedback. I would completely agree that cardio and weight is a HIIT.
I have a high fitness level. I usually use heavier weight though with my HIIT workouts--I lift for every major muscle group and my weight is usually between 8-15 pounds, but definitely not as heavy as when I just strength train. What do you think? Still count as cardio? I have been counting it as both a cardio and weight, so I don't lift the next day. Any thoughts?

Yes it is cardio and weight;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.