Not really an NY Giant fan, but...

eaglobo

Cathlete
I'd be lying if I said last night's game wasn't sweet!!!! The Patriots were/are the most insufferable bunch of athletes I've ever witnessed, and now to read they wanted to actually patent the term "19-0" is beyond pathetic.

I really shouldn't be surprised, they take their cue from Bill Belicheat, and I made myself a vow to never support any team Randy Moss is a part of, talk about bad news.

Congrats to the Giants for showing us all that that's why you play the games.

Good luck to the Pats on getting their patent pushed through, shouldn't be too hard..:7

is anybody else getting spam about "the pats being the best team" and so on. even now i am getting subject lines like "do you think the giants have a chance at winning?". WTF!!!!

on the other hand IMO it just seemed un-sportsman like to just walk off the field before the official call for the end of the game. in games past(not even superbowl just games)i have seen all players and coaches embrace in hugs or handshakes. ah remember when it was love of the game not the pay or fame!?
kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1307/4842454/16585805/276676894.jpg

ME TOO! We don't have anything to do with television sports at all. Olympics is the only thing remotely close. Now my daughters are watching figure skating.
beth6395

"Double Knot your laces and let's move on"
-Cathe Friedrich

I'm glad to know I'm not the only American football poop. I discovered that I find ballroom dancing rather fascinating...I'm such a geek.

It was a really good game--actually exciting for a change. (And hearing part of "No Cars Go" during that monatage was a little surreal. Too bad they didn't actually get Arcade Fire's permission to use it--oh, please let them sue Murdoch and win!!!).

While I don't sit around watching sport all the time, and I'm not that big of a football fan, I love baseball and basketball (especially college games). Figure skating & ballroom dancing? Not so much. Too much make-up and too many sequins for my taste! ;-)

Actually I didn't see any sequins on the competition I watched...just amazing men and women with ripped yet graceful bodies doing a variety of dances that even included hip hop. Of course I also watch quite a bit of hockey...and occasionally <gasp> NHRA drag racing :eek:

>>I hate football.
>>
>>That is all.
>
>BWAHAHAHAHA! I love it! That's my way of thinking too! I hate
>football so much. I can't explain it. Just having the
>superbowl on the tv last night made me mad. Football = Angry
>Allison. :)
>
Allison - you don't know HOW much I hate football. It just does something to me. It makes me into an angry and hateful person. To think of my DH and his brother screaming profanity over WHAT????!!!! WHO CARES. What the $%#@ is a sack, a fumble, a safety - and who even cares and why yell the F-word over it?? :) I am sorry to offend, but football, to me is, well, I had better stop while I am ahead. My DH just goes overboard is all I guess.

PS - I hate football

Clarissa x(

I'm not really a NY Giant's fan either, but I am a Dolphins fan (ok they didn't do so well this year) and I was glad that the '72 perfect record is still theirs to hold onto for awhile.

I was also a bit disappointed that the Pat's coach showed such poor sportsmanlike character. Hey, they still won 18, don't be such a sore loser!!!

Bottom line, the Giants outplayed the Pats. The Giants knew they had to shut down Brady and that's what they did. Great game.

I guess what I don't get about the Super Bowl is that you become a champion based on one game. Sure, they eliminate teams to get to the two left standing, but how can a team that lost, what, six games, be considered "the best" when the team they beat lost only that one game?

At least with the world series, they have to play a few times to determine the champion.

I'm not a fan of either team, so it's not sour grapes; just an obeservation.

I live in a Pats household -- so I am required to root for them -- but I found the entire team to be way to cocky and self-confident this whole season. I never heard of the whole patent thing until now. OMG! That is terrible!

All I can say is "on to Baseball!"

Go Red Sox. No one hates them yet... or do they? ;)

Charlene

Why does everyone hate the team that does so well? And why would you harbor so much anger towards them?

I was born into a Patriots family, and for years saw them do crappy and be the underdog. I find it sad that suddenly everyone hates them, because they did so well!

I will always be one of their biggest fans, even with the loss last night...

~Chris

Chris - I agree with you. I was really saddened to see this post this morning after watching the team that I love lose. It was like a double slap in the face. I had written this, but never posted, but I want you to know that I am there supporting you! Here's the post I've been debating posting:

Wow! Here I am, a died in the wool Patriot's fan, who signed on to the Cathe forums after watching her team get defeated at the hands of a rival (and deservedly so, after the way they played), and I find this message on the forums. I'm very very saddened. You can choose not to like the Patriots - for whatever reason - I have teams I choose not to support as well - but to bash a team that had a record season because you don't agree with the coach and you think the players are cocky (or you believe that Randy Moss should be found guilty without a trial), is not sportsman-like.

I am also from New England and have always been (and always will be) a devout Pats fan. So, of course, I must chime in in defense of my team. I am also doubly sad because my team lost, and everyone seems to hate them so. I understand it's very much a part of sports to be passionate, both in loving your team and "loving to hate" another team. But I do think the Pats are getting an undeservedly bad rap from so many folks. I don't see that they have any more arrogance among their players than any other team in the NFL, and much less arrogance than many players on other teams who don't face the scrutiny that the Pats do. (Honestly, I'm not even sure what arrogant players and statements the above poster is referring to, and I have watched all coverage for the entire season.) As far as patenting the term "19-0," I do not claim to know the source or validity of that statement, but folks might want to consider that it's undoubtedly a rumor, particularly in light of the fact that a term cannot be patented. If the poster meant trademarked, I'd still request folks not to believe everything they read, especially when, as in this case, it rings so untrue.

I must say that the original post makes me cringe. Not too sporting. Sour grapes perhaps.....Nobody handed the Pats 18 wins, seems to me they played some pretty consistantly amazing football this season. As far as strong, dominant, history-in-the-making teams go, I guess there will always be 'bandwagoners' as well as 'haters'. Tom Brady and Randy Moss performed miracles and I'm glad I got to witness their magic. Sporting and ever so entertaining.

Take Care
Laurie:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.