No, no - thank YOU, Cathe (from Jillybean)

WormwoodScrubs

Cathlete
Jillybean here (still waiting for my old forum name to become 'valid'). In any event, I wanted to thank you, Cathe, for a wonderful, wonderful weekend. It was truly one of the BEST times of my life. My head's still spinning from all the fun and excitement!

Cathe, your generosity, humility, sense of humor, kindness, and never-tiring spirit made the weekend so incredibly special for all of us. How do you do it?! I know, it's the mix of slow twitch muscle fibers, fast twitch muscle fibers, and bionics - isn't it?

The STS preview clips have me more pumped than every about what that form of training has in store for all of us!!! 30 push-ups on your toes?! You go, girl! You are a marvel, Cathe - and I'm so very, very glad I found you. You pretty much saved my life.

In 2000, when my anorexia was at its worst, I weighed less than 90 lbs (I'm 5'7") and had the bone density of a 90-yr old woman. My doctor told me that because I wasn't eating, my body was eating its organs. My brain and heart were literally shrinking. My resting heart rate was 29 bpms (and not because I was uber fit), as the doctor told me my body was "Shutting itself down, readying to die."

So I began to eat. Boy, did I begin to eat.

By the time 2001 rolled around, I rolled around too, as I was up to 200 lbs. When I stumbled upon your website back in '01, I felt brave enough to give 'you' a try. I ordered CTX and the rest is history. I fell in love with working out again - and not in an obsessive, unhealthy way like before, but in a way that was beneficial to my body and mind. I lost 50 lbs and gained a whole lot of strength, confidence, and courage.

Like most Catheites, I began to buy the rest of your DVDs and now have 'em all. When I tried Interval Max for the first time, I couldn't make it through the warm up! But I stuck with it and I can't believe where your workouts have taken me in terms of cardiovascular endurance. The other day I had a physical, and my doctor scolded me by saying, "I told you not to eat before you came here!" I said, "I didn't!" (I didn't, really!) She said, "Hmm... well, your resting heart rate is pretty low." I didn't say anything. She paused and said, "Do you workout?" I gave a simple, "Yes," and said a silent 'thank you' to you, Cathe. I may not be the leanest or strongest person out there, but that's not what it's about, right? I'm happy, I'm relatively healthy (I need to find a cure for these sweet theeth of mine), and I've got bone density to spare!

To the rest of the RTers, what can I say? I bet you'd never believe this, given my annoying laugh and loud voice, but I am actually very shy. Meeting new people scares me something silly! And I don't vacation well at all. There's this anxiety I carry with me like luggage whenever I travel, so I rarely go anywhere. But all of you (and I mean ALL of you) were so friendly and sweet. For some reason, I was fearful the road trip might be a room full of catty women or a contest or something like that, but it wasn't anything of the sort - it was just a group of sweet ladies (and Keith!) who share a love for Cathe, fitness, and fun. And what fun we had! Thank you so much for being so gracious and friendly, and for allowing me to enjoy myself and let those travel anxieties subside. I had an absolutely teriffic time and I have Cathe, the a-ma-zing RT coordinators (you ladies ROCK!), and all you fiesty RTers to thank.

Hopefully, I'll see you all again in 2009!!

Hi there!!

Not Cathe here, but wanted to tell you I really enjoyed reading your story, very inspiring. I was lucky enough to go on the July RT, and agree with everything you said 150%.

I feel very lucky to have found Cathe and her workouts, and meeting fellow forum members who share the same goal was more than I could have possibly asked for.

I hope to meet you one day!!!

Wow! What an inspiring story - I am so proud of you and all of the work you have done to heal your Self and your body. Thank you for sharing it with us. Keep going! Keep going! Or, better said, "Work! Work!"

Hi there!!

Not Cathe here, but wanted to tell you I really enjoyed reading your story, very inspiring. I was lucky enough to go on the July RT, and agree with everything you said 150%.

I feel very lucky to have found Cathe and her workouts, and meeting fellow forum members who share the same goal was more than I could have possibly asked for.

I hope to meet you one day!!!

Thanks, Jer-Bear (that is what folks on the Aug RT called you - you're a legend!)

My roomies and I got to Cathe's gym very early on Fri. morning. We saw you sitting by the entrance, but I was quite taciturn. I should have introduced myself, but I was still in 'anxious-traveler' mode, and didn't feel much like talking. Sorry about that.

When Debbie H (the plagarist) read your poem on Saturday night, the entire room laughed and laughed. Thanks for letting the August folks enjoy your poetic prowess.

Wow! What an inspiring story - I am so proud of you and all of the work you have done to heal your Self and your body. Thank you for sharing it with us. Keep going! Keep going! Or, better said, "Work! Work!"

Thanks, Jenni! Wasn't August great fun?? Here I am, the shyest of shy (I'm so shy, in fact, that Friday's early bird class was the very first gym class I've EVER taken - I'm just too timid to workout in front of others) but you ladies (and Keith!) really helped me overcome that. I have so much to be thankful for. My trip home was a mess. I was supposed to arrive in MN on Sunday night but because of cancelled and delayed flights, I didn't get here until early Tuesday morning. But the awesome memories I have from the RT were enough to get me by. I just kept thinking 'thank goodness this didn't happen on the way to the RT!!'

Thanks, again! Well, seeing as I'm at my job, I'd better get to "work, work!"

Jillybean

Jill, you are totally awesome! I would have never known you were shy ;). You seem like a strong, fit, happy person, and you are an inspiration! It's going to be fun to share our experiences about STS when it comes out! I hope I will meet you again one day.

Jill, I agree with what Abbe said, you seem so strong and energetic. You have such pep when you're doing step. I've seen others start a class that way but by the end they're dragging -- but not you. You had pep right to the end! I know what you mean about being shy -- I'm the same way. It took a lot for me to introduce myself to you, but I wanted to let you know how great you were in the Sculpt video. Totally impressive!
So sorry to hear you had to throw out your Cathe med ball at the airport -- that would have killed me! I guess they'll be for sale soon enough, but you WON that one!!:cool:

Jill, what a nice post. You go girl. I love that you are happy and strong.

I was at the July RT and I echo your feelings about what fun it was.:rolleyes:

Wow Jilly - I would have never known!!

What an inspiring story! Looking at you I would have never guessed that you had been through all that. I too went through a period in my adolesence where I was underweight - 97 pounds at 5'6" and although I felt great, I wasn't menstruating and the doctors were concerned. So gradually I began to gain weight which at first was very difficult because I counted every calorie and exercised like a crazy person! But somewhere along the way, I lost the fear of gaining weight and ended up gaining too much weight. I'm not sure how that happened considering how obsessed I once was. I then tried the Atkins diet and lost 40 pounds which I gradually gained back over time. So now I'm trying to lose the weight slowly and smartly and the feedback I've gotten from the trainers at my gym have been really encouraging! And, of course I fit Cathe into the regimen as well.

I'm so impressed with your accomplishments Jill and you should be really proud of yourself. I would have never imagined that you were "shy", especially after taking the lead in the Thriller dance!! You and the rest of the dancers were amazing! You came across as being so outgoing, easily sociable and approachable. It's a wonder how when we improve ourselves physically, it helps us in every other aspect - mentally, emotionally and socially.

I came alone on the Road Trip not knowing what to expect and I was completely blown away by the kindness, the friendship and encouragement that echoed throughout the weekend. Next year, my goal is to have dropped between 30-35 pounds (at least) and show off my newly defined arms and legs. If there's anyone that can help me get them to take shape, it's Cathe. Can't wait to show off the "before and after pictures". I so look forward to seeing you again Jill and everyone else at next year's Road Trip.

Rock on Jilly!!

Lisa

WOW!

What an awesome post Jilly! You are an inspiration to me! I had no idea (& you sure couldn't tell it at the RT) that you are shy! You just seem to bubble with excitement and ALL the right answers for the Trivia! :D Ha! You have come a long way to being the healthy person you are. Congrats and keep up the good work. I am so glad I have had the pleasure of meeting you. Thanks also for the "Thriller" performance! You all did an incredible job. I look forward to seeing your "surprise" next year! BIG HUGS!!!

Jilly, what an inspiring post!! I was thrilled to meet you. Your rotations were among the first Cathe's that I did. :) It was an awesome RT and I'm looking forward to next year!!:D

Jilly, I just had to echo others' comments that your post is so amazing -- that YOU are so amazing! I didn't have the chance to actually meet you at the RT (I'm really shy, too), but was totally impressed by how sweet you are! I'm so glad that you have found happiness, and you look absolutely gorgeous and fantastic!! :)

WOW!

Wow Jilly, what a COMPELLING story. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Gosh, you have truly overcome and accomplished so much!!!! Congratulations and big hugs to you. I admire your determination to take the bull by the horns and turn your health around, especially at a time when you were so emotionally and physically fragile. It takes great strength and focus to make this happen and YOU DID IT. I really commend you !!!!!!

Shy? Wow again! I would never have guessed this with your wonderfully exuberant energy and inner glow. Not to mention your amazing center stage performance to Thriller (which btw, we have now posted pictures on. Check "newest uploads"). I'm so glad we made you feel relaxed enough to do such an amazing and intricate dance with your RT piers ( you were great too Sherry and Joanne:)). That takes guts and you proved you have it. You do us proud Jilly!!!!

Stay Strong, Keep Fit, and always "Work Work"!!!!
Cathe

thanks for your openness about a tough road

I, too, was inspired by reading your post and wanted to let you know that I have also struggled with an eating disorder since I was seventeen (I'm now 36). It has been a life long issue for me and Cathe has inspired me to want to be strong, not just thin. I was on the August RT and I did not get to meet you, but I know who you are(I saw the awesome Thriller dance) and I think you look very strong and healthy! Thank you !!

Okay, I'm bawling as I type this, in awe of everybody's kind words.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You have no idea what your encouraging and compassionate sentiments mean to me.

Wow! I think I’m going to print out this thread and read it on days when I’m feeling down and depressed.

And by the way, Cathe said “YOU DID IT” in her post, but I firmly believe that WE did it, because I would not be where I am now without her (and her workouts), and I couldn’t have come this far without the wonderful support of her amazing forum members.

Thanks again!

Okay, I better go take care of this mascara running down my face.

Awesome! Thanks for posting the link! What a terrific performance!!!! Can't wait to see what's in store for next year!

Thanks again for posting this Cyndi! I had been dying to see it! You ladies were FABULOUS!!!! Too bad we couldn't have all been there to see it in person!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.