NO EQUIPMENT WORKOUT

Stacy

Cathlete
I'd love a "no equipment" workout, well except the band that you could take with you when travelling. It could incorporate kickboxing drills for cardio b/c that would utilize less space than hi-lo, or moves like wood chops etc. The space factor I think is important b/c some of us might be doing this workout in a hotel room or a cramped relative's house. You could do a pushups series similar to GS, dips, incorporate band work for upper and lower and finish with a tough core section. Or even make it more of a circuit workout to keep the heart rate up during the workout. Also moves like the one-legged squat type move towards the end of Muscle Endurace would be great as well. Having a workout like this would be great for summer travel and also for Christmas holiday times when often many of us are out of town, away from our equipment. It would be a great way to relieve that holiday stress and balance out all the sinful food!

I would love to see something like this!!

Thanks!!

Oooh, I love that idea also.
I agree that a workout like this would be perfect for travel, summer vacations, Christmas at the inlaws, etc...
My only concern is that it wouldn't be as intense, but I'm sure if anyone can do a tough workout of this nature, it's Cathe and her crew.
Calee

I was worried about intensity too, but I was thinking maybe a circuit workout could keep the intensity up with cardio sections like sequential power kicks, plyo jacks, "terminator" climbers etc. I'm crossing my fingers Cathe considers this suggestion! Even if it wasnt as intense, I usually dont workout at all when I travel so less intensity would be better than no intensity!

I've always wanted to do workouts using your own body power.

Good idea.

Janie

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all."
-My mother, Mary Cooper-

GREAT idea. I would love something like that. A exercise band is small enough to pack and you can do a lot of resistance exercing with it.
I usually go on vacation with the intention of finding a gym, but usually don't follow through. I usually end up eating more because I'm not cooking. It would be great to have a workout that I could do on vacation where all I had to pack was a band and some exercise clothes.
If Cathe films it, I'll buy it.

Yes! Great Idea! I travel often and take Cathe's DVDs with me....like Core Max, Stretch Max, and the Kickbox ones.

So I think I would love a workout using only portable things like the resistance bands.....

I am a new forum user and you actually motivated me to type a message with your comment about traveling..

I travel four days a week and I REALLY struggle with working out while traveling. This is my system (that I wanted to share with you) for traveling.

I have the P90X DVD's and they are great for traveling because they have weight workouts where one of the exercisers ALWAYS uses resistance bands. There is also a P90X Plyometrics DVD that is great cardio and a light leg workout.

I love Cathe's workouts but the only one I can do while traveling is Kick, Punch and Crunch and Kick Max.

So I used P90X while I am on the road and Cathe at home. My only recommendation is that you ask the hotel to put on you on the first floor because the guests below you might not like you very much.
;)

I would LOVE Cathe to do an ALL resistance band workout or even a travel workout.

Good luck!

hurrah! yes yes yes!

oooh yes please! this suggestion keeps cropping up over and over again, which shows how keen people are on the idea. and the band is so versatile, the latest bunch of DVDs showing even more fab exercises you can do with it!

it would be soooo nice to go away for work or stay with friends or go on holiday and have the option of sneaking off to do a wee workout. how nice it would be NOT go back home full of remorse coz you didn't move your butt :)

RE: hurrah! yes yes yes!

I agree, this is a great idea. It would be nice to go away and know that you can still get a great work out in even though you are away from home.

RE: hurrah! yes yes yes!

Hi, everyone -

Great note on Kick Max... I didn't think of that...

I travel a lot on business and the DVD I take with me is Debbie Seibers' Keep It Up. You can get it on Beachbody.com or on eBay and it only requires a resistance band. It's a tough 40 minute workout that requires only the band and very little space.... kick max would worry me a little about kicking the hotel dresser and hurting myself.

Keep It up has gotten me through so many business trips. I just run it from my laptop computer. Maybe this can help someone else.

I would love it if we had a few Cathe options for travel like this one.

Cheryl

Cathe:

If you do decide to do something like this – PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it intense!!! Please make the cardio drills like those from Boot Camp. If it were intense, I could see a lot of folks purchasing this one and using it at home too, not just for traveling purposes.

As for the resistance portions of this workout, I find a lot of moves that use your own body weight (triceps pushups, planks, certain ab exercises) very challenging so I truly do think a workout of this nature has the possibility to be quite tough!

I think it would be possible to make this workout VERY VERY intense. There could also be a ‘bonus section’ of segments using the high step or weights to be used for premix purposes (I LOVE the cardio only premix from HSTA, for instance, and use it all the time!!).

I’ve been jonesing BIG TIME for a workout from you that has short, intense drills like those found in Boot Camp (ice breakers, terminator climbers, sequential power kicks, etc). Add in other goodies like plie jacks, power scissors, etc and I think this could be a winning workout!!!

I would LOVE this!!! I've been thinking of asking for something along these lines! I really feel the band work and stability ball work as much as weights(sometimes I feel the band more!)
Deanie:)

I completely agree. A no equipment workout would be so useful--even if you don't travel, you could do it anywhere you have a DVD player or a computer--so you could even take it outside if you like (or at least away from the kids who want to watch TV). Using your own body weight can be a great way to get in shape. Those resistance bands are great too, since they are easy to use and carry/pack. It's easy to vary the resistance because there are different types of bands that you could use. I think that it would be great as well for those who cannot afford or store a barbell, step, hand weights, and a stability ball.

This would be a great workout to take on the road. Resistence bands are easily transported, so that's a good idea as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.