No burn sets for Legs

bigsisjuju

Why are there no burn sets for legs. All leg work is mostly endurance or conditioning. I would like to increase the size of my leg muscles as well as condition them for endurance. I find that when I just do the cardio leg work with no heavy weight work I loose the shape I am looking for. Can heavy leg work be added to the 90 day rotation for Xtrain?

I am thinking of doing gym style legs standing work or slow & heavy legs to get more sets and heavy weight.

Great question, I was wondering the same thing. Why no Burn Set Legs. I would like to lift heavier once a week, but just need to figure out where to put it and how long. Maybe during burn set week do the heavier leg workout?

Rhonda

Donkey BUTT

Why are there no burn sets for legs. All leg work is mostly endurance or conditioning. I would like to increase the size of my leg muscles as well as condition them for endurance. I find that when I just do the cardio leg work with no heavy weight work I loose the shape I am looking for. Can heavy leg work be added to the 90 day rotation for Xtrain?

I have discovered the same thing here. My main goal is to develop what I call a "donkey butt".... much to my daughter's dismay. She overheard me telling my husband I wanted a donkey butt and she starting screaming, "NOOOOO". It was funny.... explaining the difference even though the entire house is littered with magazines featuring this asset! ;)

I will tell you that my best development has come from those heavy heavy squat rack days. And allowing enough time for my legs to recover. I think I over "cardio" them for the most part and burn my butt off. So, for me I will absolutely be incorporating my HEAVY LEGS from STS Squat Rack Series on Meso 3. Those static lunges with my 135 lb barbell is the best and most gratifying of any other.

So, I do my legs twice a week -- 1 more endurance based and 1 very HEAVY.

Yours truly,
Miss Donkey Butt Wannabe

100 Rep Challenge Hip Thruster

If you want to develop your glutes try the 100 Rep Challenge Hip Thruster in XTrain. This is a favorite exercise of female figure competitors and many times more effective than a squat for developing the Glutes.

If you want to develop your glutes try the 100 Rep Challenge Hip Thruster in XTrain. This is a favorite exercise of female figure competitors and many times more effective than a squat for developing the Glutes.

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum as I much prefer lighter weight endurance type exercises done often for the legs but at the same time I want to develop my gluteus to the max! :p I did the hip thruster challenge once already and loved it! I will definitely do it on a regular basis now (going heavier when I can) along with my endurance leg work and hopefully the combo will yield the results that I am looking for! :)

Legs can handle more weight than is safe to handle for a home exerciser, at home, which is why we do pre exhaust sets etc. there is no chance I can lift anything as heavy over my head or keep on my shoulders as my legs could press.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.