New "Trendy goal" --/-- Is it realistic? :), Your thoughts

Hi Everyone,

I came across article below and would like to know everyone thoughts. Just the thoughts sticking to the topic please!

As to my opinion on this, I thoughts I heard it all in terms of B***S but here we go AGAIN! This is not a truthful goal IMHO. Oh by the way, I have those dimples. I discovered them at some point in my life. I STILL would have felt comfortable, ;);) --- Pretty :) if I did not have them:)

http://www.niashanks.com/back-dimples/

Happy Reading everyone;)

Last edited:
Oh no! Not another weird female body guilt term. Who comes up with this krap? :( The thing is, most of us ladies around here are pretty grown-up (you know, grown into the comfort and contentment of our skin), but I continue to worry about how this ridiculousness affects the younger (daughters, nieces, friends etc.) among us who look at instagram nearly daily. It might not be 'THE Solution', but it feels even more important right now to involve young (men &) women in volunteering etc. where they are out of their own 'me me me' space for awhile. This preoccupation with self and perception of the ideal self to their peers is getting out of hand. I know I sound like a grumpy old lady shaking her pocket book! :oops:

Well, I have more than two arse dimples, so I am gonna be happy about those!! (‿ˠ‿)

Isn't Nia just awesome!??

This preoccupation with self and perception of the ideal self to their peers is getting out of hand. I know I sound like a grumpy old lady shaking her pocket book! :oops:

The preoccupation has been around for more than a decade IMO. I do not think it is just a youngsters preoccupation.
Insecurities are part of luggage grown up CAN still carry with them. A secure strong Mother will raise a secure child.
We can not just not blame media, schools etc... Just my opinion.:)

Last edited:
I saw that artice and laughed. I just had a conversation with my kids who as we were riding to soccer practice where both pointing out their "fat" - my son- his stomach and my daughter her thighs. I, in no uncertain terms, said - "you will not focus on what your body looks like but rather on what your body can do and what you do with your body." I'm pretty sure I got that from Nia.

Soooo.... these are supposed to be a measure of attractiveness? I'm baffled! First, I had no idea anybody would want them. And if they have them, I had no idea there were considered a good thing (or a bad thing)... or anything. Just a feature... just like everybody has a different looking nose, or mouth. I am shaking my head.

I have back dimples. It's certainly not something I was striving to obtain. However, I do love working my back, and I thought it just came with the territory. I have been lifting for close to 40 years, so maybe therein lies the "magic." I've never paid much attention to them, they were just there, good or bad. Maybe they're genetic. Like someone stated above.....I put this right up there with thigh gap. Basically "who cares," right?

Thanks for your wisdom ladies. I agree with you all and hope anyone pursuing this goal would reconsider :)

I have back dimples. It's certainly not something I was striving to obtain. However, I do love working my back, and I thought it just came with the territory. I have been lifting for close to 40 years, so maybe therein lies the "magic." I've never paid much attention to them, they were just there, good or bad. Maybe they're genetic. Like someone stated above.....I put this right up there with thigh gap. Basically "who cares," right?

I agree with all this above and relate. I haven't lifted for 40 years though. Well not yet :)

Should there be any "magic" to happen, I agree back strength is part of it. Possibly genetic too.
Personally your posts has made think about the benefit strength training offer through remodeling bones --- osteoblasts process;);)

As to the article I wished Nia focused a bit more on physiology and anatomy. It would have been more informative IMO.

Oh on a side note :p , I came across this below. This is part of objectifying woman self-worth
Is this below the reason behind this "new" quest?

http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/body/news/a43851/back-dimples-venus-dimples-orgasm/

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.